Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It is literally not worth sending gold missions in bfa simply because average world quest gives 40-60 resources and you need around 100 to send gold mission for like 300g.

If you got tons of resources then maybe but to do it on alts? Nope. Just farm some flowers and you will have more gold per time spent.

10 million gold Brutosaur reskin with an auctioneer on one side and a vendor that sells an item that briefly turns your current mount into a Brutosaur on the other.

...just to troll all the butthurt people who were mad it went away. :^)
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-01-08 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    It is literally not worth sending gold missions in bfa simply because average world quest gives 40-60 resources and you need around 100 to send gold mission for like 300g.

If you got tons of resources then maybe but to do it on alts? Nope. Just farm some flowers and you will have more gold per time spent.
    Missions are a lot cheaper than that. I don't think i've seen random spawn missions get up to 100 without cost boosts, they tend to be below 50 base cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Since you can just repgrind paragon chests for 500.000g/months/char with minimal daily playtimes and with patch 8.3 bringing nothing for casuals, I expect a gigantic gold growth till shadowlands, just like in WoD where the same situation was given.

Even if players start now and only play 1 character, the baseline for gold/character will be around 4-5mio gold at the start of the new expansion.

The new gold-sink-mount/thing needs at least a factor for 1.5-2x to the Brutosaur or it wont even empty casual players gold amounts.
    What the hell world quests are you doing that you're getting one hundred paragon caches a month per character? That's a MILLION rep per month.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    What the hell world quests are you doing that you're getting one hundred paragon caches a month per character? That's a MILLION rep per month.
    The secret ones

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    INCOMING......

10 million gold mount - can fly at the start of the Xpac - no need for achievement unlocks!

That one would get people fuming, ehh?
    I thought of this and yeah that would get people to rage lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Probably the same price, if not a bit less

Maybe its unique ability would be that you can use it in ghost mode
    I've been trying to figure out what they could add that would be on par with AH access anywhere and I can't think of anything reasonable lol.

Though they could just add something fucking stupid and people would love it like a flying dodo bird or a giant pepe mount
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Had to look that up, I had forgotten. So it did, 2 million. That's no joke, I even hardly have that pooling all my gold together. It's probably forgettable due to not having any vendors equipped.
    It's more like it's forgettable because the vendor shows up for two hours once a day with a rotating stock, so spider mount or not, it's not worth camping Dalaran for.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

7-10 million (either/or).
    Last edited by Theoris; 2020-01-12 at 11:38 AM.

I hope there is no big one. Mounts like those frogs or the other middle-priced cash mounts are fine, but those multi-million gold sinks that serve like 1 in a 10000 players shouldn't be in the game imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Since you can just repgrind paragon chests for 500.000g/months/char with minimal daily playtimes and with patch 8.3 bringing nothing for casuals, I expect a gigantic gold growth till shadowlands, just like in WoD where the same situation was given.

Even if players start now and only play 1 character, the baseline for gold/character will be around 4-5mio gold at the start of the new expansion.

The new gold-sink-mount/thing needs at least a factor for 1.5-2x to the Brutosaur or it wont even empty casual players gold amounts.
    The levels of BS are through the roof. I'm not sure if you're just trying to flex how much you make, or simple trying to piss people off, but no, an average player not only does not make 500k a month with "minimal daily playtime", but will probably never see this kind of amount on their account at the same time. As a member of somewhat causal/heroic guild, most of the members barely go beyond 200k at most times, few people even bought the frogs. There is a guy with the Brutosaur, but it's that type of a guy who does everything and owns everything ever released, so it's expected.

Just to correct the above quote - if you play one character and do just emissaries, which the post claims will bring you to 4-5mil, you will get to about 200k by Shadowlands release. That is assuming there will be 2 gold emissary rewards each week, which is actually not always the case. If you factor in the paragon rewards, that's maybe another 100-150k on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    but no, an average player not only does not make 500k a month with "minimal daily playtime", but will probably never see this kind of amount on their account at the same time.
    Agree, most people don't have that much gold @Ange The average player is borderline broke

80% of players are essentially broke
    15% of players are in the x00k-999k range
    4.9% are multimillionaires but under 10m
    and that last .1% are your 10m+ players

but I don't know this for sure, this is all speculation based on conversations with people.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-01-08 at 02:42 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Pedantry: The wotlk vendor mammoth was 20,000g. It was just sold by a vendor associated with the Kirin Tor faction, so exalted rep discount brought it down to 16,000g.

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    It is only a gold sink if you entice people to spend it, I for one don't have the yak even though i have the gold to spare for it. For a vendor/repair? Got the mammoth.
    I am way most likely to spend 5x 10k on a few different mounts/pets/toys then in a 50k mount. The efective gold sink is done with something that isn't that costly but repeatable, instead of a big 1 time spend.
    The yak was worth getting on its own back in the day. It originally didn't have a transmogrifier. It had a reforger and that was big at the time.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2020-01-08 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    what? you don't make 33k rep per day on one character?

good no-one does he's full of shit.

INCOMING......

10 million gold mount - can fly at the start of the Xpac - no need for achievement unlocks!

Oh man this would be beautiful! The forums would become a shit storm of biblical proportions. Lore would have a nervous breakdown.

Make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Will there even be one? I mean, Wrath had one with the mammoth (back then 16k was a lot, unbelievable), then Cataclysm had none, Mists had the Yak, WoD and Legion had none. BfA just got one, so given the theme of Shadowlands, it's not likely to have one.
    Legion had 2 mil gold spider mount, also 500K lightforged warframe mount at exalted

BFA has several mounts are not in millions but seriously high also
    blue marsh hopper 333K gold ea
    green marsh hopper
    yellow marsh hopper
    reins-of-the-palehide-direhorn shows 500K before rep
    https://www.wowhead.com/guides/mount...le-for-azeroth
    Last edited by pinkz; 2020-01-08 at 03:42 AM.

INCOMING......

10 million gold is still better than retarded pathfinder. Too bad Ion would never allow something so player friendly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    BC had the first gold sink mount, the cenarian hippogryph which was 1.8k under current rep rules, also 5 netherwings for 200g each. MoP also had all the jewelcrafter panther mounts.
    Eeeeh. I think OP is mentioning the highest gold sinks per expansion, not all the gold sinks. BC's highest gold sink was epic flying. Wrath's was the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth. Cata's highest was the Vial of Sands (With the legendary weapons gold sink coming in second). Sure, MoP had the 2 engi rockets, the 5 JC panthers, but the largest individual gold sink was the yak.

WoD barely had any gold sinks, with the Riverwallow mount being the largest sink.

Legion had multiple - The Mad Merchants items (3.75 million gold for all 4 items), the Lightforged Warframe (500k gold). Can't remember if there were any others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Eeeeh. I think OP is mentioning the highest gold sinks per expansion, not all the gold sinks. BC's highest gold sink was epic flying. Wrath's was the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth. Cata's highest was the Vial of Sands (With the legendary weapons gold sink coming in second). Sure, MoP had the 2 engi rockets, the 5 JC panthers, but the largest individual gold sink was the yak.

WoD barely had any gold sinks, with the Riverwallow mount being the largest sink.

Legion had multiple - The Mad Merchants items (3.75 million gold for all 4 items), the Lightforged Warframe (500k gold). Can't remember if there were any others.
    i don't count crafted mounts, others like the WOTLK chopper mounts, MOP sky golem, etc. expac mounts would have to be included

WOD, many also forget horde got a free cycle mount and alliance had to pay 100k from a vendor for their version from the orange county chopper design vote contest
    Last edited by pinkz; 2020-01-08 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Missions are a lot cheaper than that. I don't think i've seen random spawn missions get up to 100 without cost boosts, they tend to be below 50 base cost.
    gold missions are expensive ones. Even if it costs 50 resources for 300g it is still far too expensive and basically waste of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    The yak was worth getting on its own back in the day. It originally didn't have a transmogrifier. It had a reforger and that was big at the time.
    I know it was worth it. It was just everyone and their mother in my guild had it so if there was any need to use it mid raid i just ask someone to get the mount up and and instantly choose from 4 or 5 yaks. If I needed a reforge outside raid time I simply went to SW since was there a lot for the AH so no problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    i don't count crafted mounts, others like the WOTLK chopper mounts, MOP sky golem, etc. expac mounts would have to be included

WOD, many also forget horde got a free cycle mount and alliance had to pay 100k from a vendor for their version from the orange county chopper design vote contest
    You do realise that most crafted mounts have parts that must be vendor-bought?

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    gold missions are expensive ones. Even if it costs 50 resources for 300g it is still far too expensive and basically waste of gold.
    Wrong. Mission rewards are random, cost is fixed to the mission. I've got a gold mission for 20 resources right now.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They rarely give 200+, and there aren't that many of them. Sure, it adds up, but the sum still isn't anything to write home about.
    I think 500k is a bit much, but I also think you all really underestimate how much gold is available through WQs.

The emissaries can have the following rewards:
    - AP (turns to 2k gold)
    - 2k gold
    - Azerite Cache
    - Weapon Cache
    - Equipment Cache
    - Nazjatar Pearls
    For simplicity I will assume that the probability for each of those to appear is equal, which is in fact not entirely true for the Nazjatar pearls, but I think its ok to assume it is.
    So 2/6 of a month provide 2k just for the emissary, thats 0.33*30=9.9(~10) 10*2000= 20k gold.
    Half of the dailied needed will roughly be easy gold dailies for an avg of 150g (including 25% wm buff), so thats 30*2=60, 60*150=9k
    Then the Azerite Cache and Weapon Cache and equipmentcache provide enchanting materials and Titan residuum that in turn provides more enchanting materials for an avg 200g per emissary.
    (3/6)*30 = 15. Thats 15 days with 200g, so another 3k gold.
    Let's assume every day we also get one item to disenchant from the WQs, thats egain 30*200, so 6k gold.
    Now, the Nazjatar quests are special. They provide more gold for wqs in general and 5 pearls can be turned into 200g enchanting materials. This is anecdotal but I avarage to get around 35 pearls (so 7*200g = 1.4k and around 400g from the WQs)
    Thats 1/6 of the time (5 days) with 1800gold, so another 9k gold.

All of this also provides you with enough ressources to fuel the mission table twice a day, which avarages (including gold and rune missions) another 1k a day, so 30k/month.

This brings us to 20k+9k+3k+6k+9k+30k.
    That is 77k gold/month just for the emissary on one character, not including the reward inside the paragon caches.

As I said, 500k is definitely too much, but don't underestimate this.
    Last edited by Accendor; 2020-01-08 at 10:19 AM.