Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think the ultimate question is simple: is housing going to fix this game? Probably not

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    PSSS: So Blizzard is smart and know how much content Housing could be, so they are working on it, I am more then sure of it... but I think it haas to be combined with a World Revamp.
    Blizz called Garrisons, player housing "on steroids", so not all of them are so smart. Just hoping they have at least one person there that can explain the concept of player housing to the rest of them if they decide to implement it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I think the ultimate question is simple: is housing going to fix this game? Probably not
    Housing gives collectors something more to do. That's it. Nobody is saying it will "fix the game". They are saying, "with housing I'll be subbed longer because I'll have something to do when I would have been otherwise bored and would have unsubbed till the next thing came out".

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Blizz called Garrisons, player housing "on steroids", so not all of them are so smart. Just hoping they have at least one person there that can explain the concept of player housing to the rest of them if they decide to implement it.

- - - Updated - - -

Housing gives collectors something more to do. That's it. Nobody is saying it will "fix the game". They are saying, "with housing I'll be subbed longer because I'll have something to do when I would have been otherwise bored and would have unsubbed till the next thing came out".
    I personally just don't think isolation in an MMO is a good experience. It almost single handedly killed WoD with Garrisons.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

the E-RP dream

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Housing is not content, that's exactly what they are saying.

I think like you, housing then play sims. But i understand why and even if you don't appreciate the idea, just take a look in this video- asking politely.

I would like to have sargueras head in my living room. Actually, my castle could be the entire sargueras head, where i live.

Oh wow, this guy gets it. Like literally 100% spot on on everything he said.

And PS. I am not RP guy lol, im a damn mythic raider with 9 cutting edges, i WANT persistent systems I WANT visual housing.

Imagine being able to put mannequins in your house with some of your transmo collection.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2020-01-09 at 10:36 AM.

Player housing is an extreme introverted activity that is commonly championed by internet forums that are almost exclusively filled with introverts. It is NOT something that should be implemented because they've already sacrificed load of extroverted activity to cater to introverts as it is. They need to move drastically in the opposite direction. This is fundamentally BAD game design for the current state of wow that caters to people that hate talking to anyone.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2020-01-09 at 10:48 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Player housing is an extreme introverted activity that is commonly championed by internet forums that are almost exclusively filled with introverts. It is NOT something that should be implemented because they've already sacrificed load of extroverted activity to cater to introverts as it is. They need to move drastically in the opposite direction. This is fundamentally BAD game design for the current state of wow that caters to people that hate talking to anyone.
    Bullcrap, you have no idea what are you talking about.

So if you live in a house you are antisocial sausage? No, everyone needs some space sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    So, when I want to have my own cottage or villa on the outskirts of Stormwind or Undercity (w/e left of it) to show my prize items earned through achievements, I am introverted?

Can you imagine how busy people would be doing old content and running around the old zones chasing rare stuff just to decorate their houses? The devs could even expand this idea by adding or updating old content open world bosses for the decorative items and so on. Extra vendors, housing oriented new professions, so many possibilities.

Housing would give the much needed sandbox elements to WoW. And the "world" part of WoW would be much more lively.

But instead of all of this, we can just go on with the gear treadmill as usual and feel so socialized like you do.

Man, even the pet collectors could benefit so much with housing options. I really dont understand how hard it is for people like you to see this. Probably because you have never played a real MMORPG.

they could call the player housing patch "The Sims of warcraft"...

Frankly if you need housing in the game, you are obviously bored and got nothing else to do... Log out and play The Sims 4 instead if you need a housing construction patch.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Bullcrap, you have no idea what are you talking about.

So if you live in a house you are antisocial sausage? No, everyone needs some space sometimes.
    You need your own space in a videogame?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amenophis View Post
    So, when I want to have my own cottage or villa on the outskirts of Stormwind or Undercity (w/e left of it) to show my prize items earned through achievements, I am introverted?

Can you imagine how busy people would be doing old content and running around the old zones chasing rare stuff just to decorate their houses? The devs could even expand this idea by adding or updating old content open world bosses for the decorative items and so on. Extra vendors, housing oriented new professions, so many possibilities.

Housing would give the much needed sandbox elements to WoW. And the "world" part of WoW would be much more lively.

But instead of all of this, we can just go on with the gear treadmill as usual and feel so socialized like you do.

Man, even the pet collectors could benefit so much with housing options. I really dont understand how hard it is for people like you to see this. Probably because you have never played a real MMORPG.
    Yeah, this sounds awesome. Sadly, I think if Blizzard ever implemented housing like this it would be heavily integrated with the in game shop. Hundreds of items you can buy to decorate your house.

It would once again create a huge income for Blizzard. I wish for it to never happen, but if housing ever makes a return to wow - thats how its going to be.

And I cant really blame them, im 100% sure alot of people are willing to throw alot of money at Blizzard for housing items.

because like garrisons, if housing is too important to the core game play, no one will explore the world,
    and 2. if housing isnt core to the gameplay there will be no reason for anyone to do it

so its just not worth doing it

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Yeah there hasn't been any RPG in this game for years. Probably due to all the people screeching 'but muh MMO!'.
    Absolutely, the people have such a weird hard on for seeing other players, even if they never interact with them in any meaningful way. If you listen to these clowns you could start to think that having a bunch of bots afk in OG is the height of game development. At this point I'm starting to wonder why Blizzard doesn't just have a bunch of sock accounts AFKing in cities so this crowd can feel better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    1. - If you ask me, Blizzard have been thinking about it since Forever... since everyone new MMOrpg and old mmoRPG has it!

2. - The thing is... Housing need to be a world wide thing, since a huge verity will give everyone something they want.

3. - Blizzard is waiting to implement Housing when they do an Azeroth Recamp (Kalimdor/eastern kingdomes/ Northrend) that way we will have an up todate grapic world where there are more then egnouf space for Housing "small/medion/large".

PS: if you want to see Housing that really works, just check out (Player Housing Elder Scrolls Online).

PSS: I am a 100% dedicated WoW players, then just tried out Elder Scrolls online.... and I just fell in love with the housing system.... all I have done in that game is just buying houses and fixing them... over an entire Month... did i stop playing wow.... since it grabed me so hard!!!

PSSS: So Blizzard is smart and know how much content Housing could be, so they are working on it, I am more then sure of it... but I think it haas to be combined with a World Revamp.
    Never knew that ESO has it now as well. You can renovate them? oO

Btw, its PS, PPS, PPPS. you would say post-post-scriptum, not post-scriptum-scriptum (post=after).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, this sounds awesome. Sadly, I think if Blizzard ever implemented housing like this it would be heavily integrated with the in game shop. Hundreds of items you can buy to decorate your house.

It would once again create a huge income for Blizzard. I wish for it to never happen, but if housing ever makes a return to wow - thats how its going to be.

And I cant really blame them, im 100% sure alot of people are willing to throw alot of money at Blizzard for housing items.

Good point. I did not want to get into ingame shop honestly for not spreading the idea. But you are right, there are a great deal of people who would spend on this kind of thing. On the other hand, this would not affect the gameplay too much. The current ingame shop does not bother me at all as a casual.

So, I am keeping my hopes up for one day for the right implementation of player housing. Its fun for people who like it. Like pet battles, you do it if you like it. Or just ignore if you dont. And it has no effect on the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You literally could not be further from truth. It's like saying 2+2 = Infinity
    I Am Weasel has successfully demonstrated that 2 + 2 does, indeed, equal infinity.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5samxr

Because it's a waste of resources and adds nothing to the game. You would be bored in 5 minutes. It's shit gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That is completely fine, as long as there will be a lot of items available in game as well.

Like we have pets from shop, and pets in game. Best solution would be to allow it to be tradable.

Remember, since we have wow token, everything from shop is also available for gold as well.

Putting item for housing for 5$ in shop is equal to putting it in game for price tag ~75k gold

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    They seem to have an interest in overhauling professions, even if they can't seem to get it right. Implementing housing I suspect would(should) come along side of a (good) professions overhaul.

Frankly I'd be happy if they just point blank ripped the profession and housing systems from ff14, the former in particular. Most fun I've ever had doing professions in an mmo next to Ultima Online was FF14, and since the neighborhoods are zoned off, it could be added without having to change the game world, or at least I think so anyway.

UO style housing would be amazing, but they'd need to pull a WoW2 or otherwise increase the geographical real estate a ton to even have a prayer of that working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    remember garrisons? they literally created 1 piece of art for each building and left it at that. they dont want to put in the effort for us to have options so what would be the point

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    remember garrisons? they literally created 1 piece of art for each building and left it at that. they dont want to put in the effort for us to have options so what would be the point
    They don't need to create assets. Like, we have literally thousands of assets already in game.
    What they need to do is to came up with system to craft them. So only database + texts + system in place is needed.

Chairs, beds, stools, tables, everything is already in game and in massive amount.

Rift and swtor both have really well implemented player housing and it still sucks. Player housing just adds nothing to the game and time can be better spend on good features