Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I mean, sure. You could write literal books on the subject, and I'm not gonna capture all that nuance in a short forum post.

If individuals are bucking the gender norms of society, it's because those gender norms are not adequate to describe individual gender expression. It's a flaw in the gender norms of society; an inadequacy in their framing. It is not an indication that the individual in question is somehow "wrong" for being who they are.

What's been happening in the modern era is that we're casting off the entire concept of inadequate and arbitrary gender-normative framing. It doesn't serve a useful purpose. It's like teaching people the Earth is flat because it's "easier", even though it's inaccurate.
    In not saying the norms are right. Im saying the classical definition of gender is how society sees and treats the person of which our Western society has 2 closely tied to sex.

When they say gender is a societal construct, that's litteral, it Constructs it based on majority view and then fits people to it based on there appearance.

Another term that's also used wrong is cis, and if you actualy know what cis means in Latin it's not much better than saying normal for non hetro and non trans people.

Cisgender for example to take the litteral meaning from the breakdown is:

That which is closest to society's gender views.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-01-09 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    most people don't give a fuck what celebrities have to say. it has nothing to do with him being "right wing" it's on you to prove he's right wing. People watch these award shows to see what or who won. Not to hear some celebrity claiming trump is a fascist while they actively make movies for china. It's escapism they watch these shows to get away from politics and the goings on in the real world.
    So....a safe space?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watch actors to be entertained. People watch sports for the same reason. When it gets political people tune out. It's that simple.
    So, again - a safe space?

Being apolitical is a privilege.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    More like money. Lower rating = less cash for the networks running the shows.
    Missing the point - it's not a function of keeping politics out of entertainment. It's about keeping a certain kind of politics out of entertainment; i.e. ones you find confrontational.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can see it that way if you wish. I don't watch tv or award shows. so what your saying doesn't apply to me. I'm just saying how the general public feels.
    No, you're saying how you and people politically aligned with you feel and taking that as being representative of everyone else.

And it's an opinion worth about as much as those of the people Gervais is making fun of, ultimately.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Hey i'm all for equality. but don't come to me with this equal outcome BS.

I'm all for equal opportunity. so yes.

When a feminist tells me that we live in a world where females are being oppressed. I say go fuck yourself because you don't know what you're talking about (US & Canada specifically)

Or when Trans come up with 60 genders and force me to call them ze or xe I also say go themselves.
    You literally confirmed what I said.

- - - Updated - - -

I watch actors to be entertained. People watch sports for the same reason. When it gets political people tune out. It's that simple.
    The right voted in Trump, Reagan, Eastwood, Arnold, Gopher from Love Boat and Sonny fucking Bono.

You all lose your collective shit when Ted Nugent, Tim Allen, Kid Rock, Pam Anderson, Stacey Dash, James Woods or Jon Voight is attacked the same way you guys attack liberal celebrities.

My god, the lack of self awareness by the right is so fucking prevalent its basically an ideology fingerprint.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    It's also a quick way to get this thread rozz'ed.
    And maybe it should? What’s the personal benefit of being an absolute dick to trans people anyway?

There isn’t any. Best to call that out rather than entertain corrosive bullshit, imho.

Oh FFS. Gervais is a liberal Corbyn supporting Atheist.

& Because he says some jokes you don't like, making fun of some liberal elite millionaires and multi-billion dollar corporations, he's now a "far right wing nut job"?

Sometimes you guys around here are your own meme.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Oh FFS. Gervais is a liberal Corbyn supporting Atheist.

& Because he says some jokes you don't like, making fun of some liberal elite millionaires and multi-billion dollar corporations, he's now a "far right wing nut job"?

Sometimes you guys around here are your own meme.
    Ignoring that the OP is right-wing and is pretending to be left-wing, in this thread only, to t-word people.

You? Me right wing? Bud I'm not on the right I'm just stating facts here. If you agree that's up to you. Attacking me is pointless. I also never voted for any of those you mentioned.
    When the content of your posting confirms your claim here, I'll happily apologize.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It isn't "exactly" what comedy is. It's just one facet of what we call comedy today. You can be a comedian without having to take the piss out of people.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm imagining a very different movie right
    I bet you’re a blast to be around.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You want to know why? Well I'll tell you.

It isn't because he's become a 'boomer' (fucking cringy word made up by millennials to blame everyone on the older generation) or that hes become right wing (he isn't right wing).

It's because people like you or Elegiac or endus have become so radical left in your views, that it wraps you outlook so badly you can only view thing through horse blinders.

Gervais is making the kind of humour that someone like George Carlin did a couple decades ago and to great appreciation that he isn't censoring himself, something many comedians are expected to do now by the hyper sensitive cry babies who can't handle having their world views roasted.

It's not him that's changed, it's yourself who's never grown any skin and just expects the world to change so you don't have to.
    I brought up Louis CK in the same comment you responded too lol. Someone who has done stuff way more offensive than boring ass boomer Gervais has ever done.

But okay keep on strawmanning.

Also please stop using George Carlin as some kind of defense for your nonsense, you clearly have no idea how he actually felt about any kind of issue. Because if you did even 10 seconds of research about the man (Instead of blindly repeat what you see on 4chan), you'd have found that his views were pretty left. He unironically argued against punching down repeatedly.

George Carlin was never a rightwing reactionary, better get a new hero.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2020-01-09 at 10:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, three examples of a consumer market choosing what content they want to consume?

How is this indicative of anything you were claiming? This doesn't back up anything you were claiming in any way. This is literally just people choosing to watch what they want to watch. That's it. That's what you're complaining about?

10+ Year Old Account
    The first link is all about political crap and why people decided not to watch the nfl. I'd say that backs up the claim people didn't want political crap in the games.
    Which has fuck-all to do with cancel culture, which is what we were talking about.

The first link is all about political crap and why people decided not to watch the nfl. I'd say that backs up the claim people didn't want political crap in the games.
    Um, yeah they do. What do you think playing the anthem is about?

Not sure why you're struggling with this. My post was questioning your leanings. Hence why I quoted the post where you discuss your leanings.

5+ Year Old Account
    And and for genders. There are only 2 genders. Male & females. Choose one & be done with it. because gender is defined by your genitalia. do you have a penis or a vagina? The only way a third gender can ever happen is that if you can fuck yourself and carry your own baby.
    You talk about trans people more than trans people. Your obsessions are weird, and no one gives a fuck. Yet here you are bitching about it over and over and over again.

No regrets if I get banned from this.
    Guys, he's just so white boy brave! Truly a political opinion worthy of martyrdom!

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even white oh wait, you assumed I was white! How dare you!
    Hey look, it's that one joke conservatives have! Don't worry, champ, I'm sure you can continue to bitch about trans people until your loser friends come up with another.

And point out where I said you were white. I said you're obsessed with posting your weird manifestos like a white boy about to go shoot something up. It's not my fault you're an angry boy.

[Infraction]

Did you just assume I was a person? I'm limestone you metamorphicphobe
    2014 wants its joke back.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-01-10 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Forbidden Topics

Then I misunderstood. But how an I right wing when 1. I don't support trump or the GoP. 2. Voted for beto who's a Democrat? All you'd have to do is look at my post history. Here and on reddit it's pretty damn consistent (same name). While I don't lean hard left I do support most of the dems policy but guns.
    As I said, when your posting here backs up your claims, I'll apologize.

5+ Year Old Account
    I've ate enough bans (most I deserve) so I'll leave that topic untouched. We risk rozz wrath if we go down that road.
    Afraid to make edgy jokes in a thread about how edgy humor is supposedly great? C'mon, man. Is that why we're going with the one half decade old joke conservatives have?