Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    I kinda agree with ion... those sets are just extremely restricting.

I want the class sets back for transmog but not the boni. We have many ways for itemization. But with the boni raiders have a big chance of only getting shit in Mythic plus and vice versa mythic+ players are forced to raid because theSet Boni are mostly way to powerful to skip.

Also i have to run the god forsaken hellhole that is LFR again for the Boni...

TLDR: Bring back the different sets for the looks but don't put boni on them

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 123youshowme View Post
    I want to wear the hides of my vanquished foes, not some random gear that has no business doing in the dungeon i looted it from.
    It can be a class set based on the raid like Firelands did
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I only want tier sets if they are available through other means than just specific bosses in the raid. Not sure if that quallifies.

Not very up in arms about it though

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    It can be a class set based on the raid like Firelands did
    Or it could be a zone set like uldir/bod/aep and now nyalotha. how it is now makes infinitely more sense from a roleplay perspective, you just want class cosmetics.

I didn't see a single npc wearing anything looking remotely similar to this

If all the leather looked like what the fire druids had, I'd be fine with it

Last edited by 123youshowme; 2020-01-13 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Problem with that is there would need to be a new system to put in to regulate it or else you'd have people holding onto a piece of each tier set for numerous bonuses
    As I said, you'd have the latest set over-wright any previous tier bonus.

Alternatively, old tier set bonuses can move to legacy after the new patch comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    As I said, you'd have the latest set over-wright any previous tier bonus.

Alternatively, old tier set bonuses can move to legacy after the new patch comes out.
    But still the problem of the devs in the equation...they're not the best at balancing tier sets, part of the reason they dumped them. If a lower tier set is better then you'll have people keeping weaker pieces for better sets.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Blizzard has a long history of being adamant that they are right when it comes to bold changes.

REAL-ID: "Forced real names on the WoW forums. By forcing players to post with their real name, this would reduce toxic behavior and lift the quality of discourse."

WoW Classic: "No. Not happening. Not now, not ever. It would be neither popular nor lucrative."

Water Strider Nerf: "Only works in Pandaria. This will add value to it, and remove unfair advantages in current content."

No Flying in WoD: "It makes the world smaller, and lets you bypass content. We're correcting TBC's mistake."

There are no doubt more examples. But in each case, Blizzard was absolutely equivocal that they were right and the players were wrong, and you will realize that when you see Blizzard refuse to back down to the "whining" gamers.

Except they did. And the players were proven right.

And now, recent interviews with Ion show that not only is he outright refusing to bring back tier sets, but interviewers have remarked that he showed almost open disdain for them. They are NOT coming back; not under his watch. And Azerite armor was the first of what will no doubt be many substitutes until Blizzard finds that one bright idea the players will find palatable. Until then... how about "Corrupted" gear? No? How about...

It is my belief that tier sets will NEVER come back as long as Ion is at the helm. He is unflinching in this regard. No amount of logical arguments or well thought out pros and cons will change his mind. Tier sets are gone. They're never coming back... as long as he's in charge.

Problem is, tier sets were one of the best "feeling of pride and accomplishment" things in the game for me. One of many, granted, but a big one. A raiding tier was never "done" until I had the complete set, and getting a piece was a BIG DEAL and swelled the heart when that coveted piece was won. And when you had it all, then the game started where you decide which one to swap out.

And reading patch notes revealing the set bonuses (good or bad) and watching Youtube videos opinining on the look was so much fun. It was a beloved part of the game, and the whole removal reeks of "we aren't creative or imaginative enough to fix the problem of tier sets, so let's just remove them from the game. Problem solved... for us!"

In my IRL work history, I've worked in various large and/or corporate businesses before, and if you ever had a bad policy you strongly disagreed with by a boss that just "didn't understand" the business, one strategy was to simply outlast them. Sooner or later, they'd leave and be replaced by a new boss, and their policies can (and often do) go with them. So just dealing with it until they left was often a good strategy.

Do you think such a thing applies here? Do you think if we just stick with World of Warcraft long enough, Ion will eventually "move on", and when the new boss takes over, tier sets will return?
    No, they have a long history of saying something and sticking to that statement, until and unless they decide they want to change it. There's a difference between that and being adamant that you're right about something.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

you were always generic armour guy #5 because your gear was 90% a mashup of dk/paladin/warrior lookalikes.
    So you always had a clownsuit, outside of T1

Before transmogging, anyway
    ...what? lol. This is patently untrue for people who raided a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    But still the problem of the devs in the equation...they're not the best at balancing tier sets, part of the reason they dumped them. If a lower tier set is better then you'll have people keeping weaker pieces for better sets.
    Hopefully, the static power increases from the new tier would be enough to offset the loss of the tier set. This leads eventually to inflated numbers, but those can always be squished later.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    ...what? lol. This is patently untrue for people who raided a lot.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INhlR4XSvOo

so we're looking of azmongold's set in HFC, the last tier before M+
    Just from what he has equipped. you can tell he's using shoulders from archimonde (paladin model), belt/bracers/boots from the DK set, and tier.

*shrug*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INhlR4XSvOo

so we're looking of azmongold's set in HFC, the last tier before M+
    Just from what he has equipped. you can tell he's using shoulders from archimonde (paladin model), belt/bracers/boots from the DK set, and tier.

*shrug*
    You realize that transmog is a feature that exists in the game right? And that we're talking about what gear looks like, right? The entire point I was making is how the gear LOOKS. And if you can change how your gear looks, your entire point is worthless.

Did you get lost on your way to the classic forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    You realize that transmog is a feature that exists in the game right? And that we're talking about what gear looks like, right? The entire point I was making is how the gear LOOKS. And if you can change how your gear looks, your entire point is worthless.

Did you get lost on your way to the classic forum?
    I feel like noone on mmo-c can read.

did you not see the "before transmogging, anyway" or are you too stupid to read well?

you were always generic armour guy #5 because your gear was 90% a mashup of dk/paladin/warrior lookalikes.

I feel like noone on mmo-c can read.

did you not see the "before transmogging, anyway" or are you too stupid to read well?
    You responded to somebody else who was talking about visuals and then decided to arbitrarily time restrict the duration you were referring to.

A time that hasn't existed for over 8 years. Transmog has existed for more than half the life of the game.

Are you complaining about shit from 9 years ago now or did you just want to argue?

Again, did you get lost on your way to the Classic forum? I had to double check when I read your first comment to make sure I wasn't reading this thread there on accident.

"Before transmogging, anyway" is a worthless qualifier because it hasn't been relevant in nearly a decade. Its like arguing that people looked like clowns in BC. Sure, yes, that's true. But it's also completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2020-01-14 at 04:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

You seem to have much more investment in this argument than I do.

At any rate, they could at least make stuff a little more exciting. ALL the armor this expansion has seemed rather bland.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.