Page 1 of 2
LastLast

They don't care about those playing right now, they just want to sell Shadowlands.

Tell me something, in the 9+ months of content drought, what are our motivations to level alts? With shadowlands changing leveling so much, it feels like a waste now.

During these huge content droughts (that a game that has a sub + buying expansions shouldn't have in the first place), people usually level alts.

But you can't really level alts now. It would be a colossal, insane waste of time, since it will be so much easier to do that in Shadowlands. I already regret having so many characters if it's gonna be much easier to make alts in the future.

Not to mention that apparently there's no 8.3.5. It's a slap in the face really. This company could take a shit in our mouths and people would still applaud them.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lol, looks like content drought nowadays start 24 hours before big patch and week before 12 boss raid.

Also, last time moaning about content drought resulted in rushed expansion. Let's back to "its ready when its ready" times.

To be fair they never really have.

The ones still playing at present and subscribed and whatnot typically dont even unsub even if they're not playing right now. They just leave it there. They're trying to get people back with a patch and then.. keep them as long as they can before they leave for what is always a drawn out end of expansion patch.

Its not fun, but it is what it is. Unfortunately, BFA is the shit tier expansion in terms of content timings, availability and even alt-friendliness. So here's hoping if they're sticking to the pattern that shadowlands is better. If not, well maybe they'll finally shoot themselves in the foot for the final time /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    Tell me something, in the 9+ months of content drought, what are our motivations to level alts?
    My motivation to level alts is to get them leveled.

What is yours?

Motivation to level alts is that it lets you spend less time on each class, making it take longer to notice how bad they are, or at least getting some variety in the badness.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Tell me something, in the 9+ months of content drought, what are our motivations to level alts? With shadowlands changing leveling so much, it feels like a waste now.

During these huge content droughts (that a game that has a sub + buying expansions shouldn't have in the first place), people usually level alts.

But you can't really level alts now. It would be a colossal, insane waste of time, since it will be so much easier to do that in Shadowlands. I already regret having so many characters if it's gonna be much easier to make alts in the future.

Not to mention that apparently there's no 8.3.5. It's a slap in the face really. This company could take a shit in our mouths and people would still applaud them.
    Content drought before patch day, yikes. Having a "content drought" 3 months before a new expansion is not a bad thing. You get to do other stuff, than chasing the carrot. This is important for raid guilds, which this forum seems to care about a lot in the last months, since people can take a break from raiding without hurting their guilds and so on.

Cool, if I finish everything I care about, I can focus on some other games in my ever-growing backlog.
    Mother pus bucket!

You say content drought, I say mythic progression.

Not to mention, we are living the time of the shortest droughts

In another post people asking how do you even find time to play other games along WoW? Guess we all just love the drought.

BfA is the only expansion in the history of WoW with two mid-expansion content droughts followed by one huge monster fucking drought at the end.

Why even play an expansion when theres another 1 coming anyways, such a huge waste of time, literally more than a year /s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    BfA is the only expansion in the history of WoW with two mid-expansion content droughts followed by one huge monster fucking drought at the end.
    every wow expansion had droughts (and even worse ones than bfa), the only expansion with low droughts and fast pace was legion, but average users like you like to forget things.

I love how in this "content drought" WoD and Cataclysm are conveniently forgotten about...
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

There are several stuff in BfA you can complain about, content droughts? Not so much. It's just how it is. Lived with this since vanilla, and it has been a lot worse than this.

Well I've leveled a lot of alts during the past 3 expansions. 1 for each class + 1 alliance shaman to see their story.

When the drought hits, I plan to "flesh them out" more. Race/name change the ones I'm not happy with, unlock important stuff like order halls, class mounts, flight paths, unlock transmogs I like by doing old raids, level up professions on them. There's a lot more to do than just level them to 120 and forget.

And if all else fails, gold seems to be worth investing in (or WoW tokens). New patches and expansions might make all your gear worthless and achievements trivial, even leveling pointless but gold seems to carry over just fine, in fact it's worth more now than in WoD and Legion and much harder to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    You say content drought, I say mythic progression.

Not to mention, we are living the time of the shortest droughts
    no, check your info bro

- - - Updated - - -

i guess their intention was to lvl everything besides DK during Korraks. Then buy shadowlands and lvl 10 different dks.

well i skipped all of this. but hey, boomerschoice :P

If you're voluntarily eating shit maybe you should start thinking about if this is a you-problem.

leveling alts is always easier in the next expansion. there has been a exp cut every expansion i can recall.

10+ Year Old Account

You do know there is no shame in admitting you've outgrown the game and then moving on to another waste of your time, right?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I feel like I JUST leveled 8 alts over the last two months in AV via Korrak's Revenge.

Maybe this drought you speak of, isn't real. Just in your mind.

If you're talking about leveling a neck or cloak, w/e. But since you didn't even mention it I'm going to assume you're talking about the leveling aspect only, hence your only talking point.

And the grass is NEVER greener on the other side. And it's just as hard to mow.

The sad sad reality of all this is you guys have become accustomed to having content droughts lasting donkeys years, and it's an absolute joke - this is now 2020. F2P games get regular updates, patches, DLC on an extremely regular basis. Funny thing is you actually pay a sub fee to put up with that xD
    It's never been justified and never will be, other games go extended period of times with no new content and the audience leave in droves, it's just become part and parcel of shitty WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    I feel like I JUST leveled 8 alts over the last two months in AV via Korrak's Revenge.

Maybe this drought you speak of, isn't real. Just in your mind.

If you're talking about leveling a neck or cloak, w/e. But since you didn't even mention it I'm going to assume you're talking about the leveling aspect only, hence your only talking point.

And the grass is NEVER greener on the other side. And it's just as hard to mow.
    You must be deluded to make such a comment, it's not an opinion the game goes an eternity with no new content, it's a fact.