Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

So, controlling GY is now griefing?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    • Alterac Valley
    • Spirit Guides now apply Honorless Target to the players they resurrect.
    • Developers’ note: We observed some behavior in Alterac Valley that can only be described as griefing—a violation of the In-Game Code of Conduct. If this had taken place in original WoW, it would have been seen as either a situation that needed to be fixed preventatively or a circumstance that called for account suspensions. We feel that the preventative solution is the more amicable one.

How is this suddenly griefing? GY camping has been happened since BGs were released. I even farmed Bloodthirsty with IoC/AV premades and Blizzard did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    • Alterac Valley
    • Developers’ note: We observed some behavior in Alterac Valley that can only be described as griefing—a violation of the In-Game Code of Conduct. If this had taken place in original WoW, it would have been seen as either a situation that needed to be fixed preventatively or a circumstance that called for account suspensions. We feel that the preventative solution is the more amicable one.

How is this suddenly griefing? GY camping has been happened since BGs were released. I even farmed Bloodthirsty with IoC/AV premades and Blizzard did nothing.
    When Bloodthirsty was a thing, those bg's could be won by getting kills which is not the case for classic AV. Some russian premades still do this in retail AV, but again, it eventually ends.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lol Grizzly farmed the AV cave for 4 hours last week after they got their honor caps just to put horde in their place for causing so many turtles.

• Alterac Valley

It was probably low-hanging fruit to the devs. Cowardly behavior isn't brave just because justice takes time to find it nor does trying to sugarcoat it by calling it something like "GY controlling".
    Last edited by Necromantic; 2020-01-15 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    Lol Grizzly farmed the AV cave for 4 hours last week after they got their honor caps just to put horde in their place for causing so many turtles.
    How very dare the horde employ a tactic that can cause them to beat try-hard discord premades!

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay667b View Post
    How very dare the horde employ a tactic that can cause them to beat try-hard discord premades!
    Thing is, I have lost maybe 3-4 AVs in the last month im the “best” discord. These turtles literally never succeed. When the horde rush LTs they got 2500ish bonus honor for a 7 minute game, when they turtle and we break it, they get 200-500 bonus honor, almost no kills, and a 12-14 minute loss. Im sure in Grizzly games its even worse for them... but what are you going to do ������������*♂️ Its my last week of “pvp ranking” and idgaf ������✔️

I mean there's a big difference between controlling a GY to win the game and controlling a GY for two hours to farm people nonstop without making any attempt to win the game. If a team is sitting there farming graveyards for hours that is absolutely griefing, good on Blizzard for fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I mean there's a big difference between controlling a GY to win the game and controlling a GY for two hours to farm people nonstop without making any attempt to win the game. If a team is sitting there farming graveyards for hours that is absolutely griefing, good on Blizzard for fixing it.
    But aren't these griefers hitting DR cap on honorable kills anyway if they just kill same targets for hours? This change is just harmful for normal players.

Doesn't this not fix the issue then since they are honor capped anyway thus don't care about honorless target?

It has always been griefing and always been handled on an individual account basis depending on severity, with most camping events not being reported. It just so happens that Blizzard decided to make a blanket solution concerning Classic. They may decide to do it for retail if it's not already there, I don't do BGs often and haven't farmed or been farmed in years so I don't know if it is there. Even if they do add it to retail, it'll come silently because it's not a big deal there.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

10+ Year Old Account
    I know reading is hard, but read these two lines slowly:

How is this suddenly griefing?
    If this had taken place in original WoW, it would have been seen as either a situation that needed to be fixed preventatively or a circumstance that called for account suspensions.

But aren't these griefers hitting DR cap on honorable kills anyway if they just kill same targets for hours? This change is just harmful for normal players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Doesn't this not fix the issue then since they are honor capped anyway thus don't care about honorless target?
    They aren't honor capped. What happens is ppl rez a few times, realize the av sucks and isnt going anyway, and afk out. Then new ppl join. I cant say it's more honor than fast wins, but its still worth a lot because of the recycling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    It has always been griefing and always been handled on an individual account basis depending on severity, with most camping events not being reported. It just so happens that Blizzard decided to make a blanket solution concerning Classic. They may decide to do it for retail if it's not already there, I don't do BGs often and haven't farmed or been farmed in years so I don't know if it is there. Even if they do add it to retail, it'll come silently because it's not a big deal there.
    In retail not only do BGs have a time limit, but also killing opposing players grant points in certain BGs. It's not an issue there. You can't farm a GY for hours

You are deliberately misrepresenting what griefing is. It was clear it wasn't about getting honor, but about making someone else's gameplay worse.

The fix was wrong, they should simply ban the assholes.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    • Alterac Valley

Lol what the actual fuck. Camping the GY in AV Vanilla was a legitimate Strategy and often a lot of fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    I know reading is hard, but read these two lines slowly:
    ....but it did happen in original WoW. Quite a fucking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Technically it does not. However it does serve 2 purposes, one is to try to discourage it and the other is basically sending the message that they are on to this kind of behavior and if people still do it, they will be slammed with the banhammer, instead of swinging it directly.

7+ Year Old Account
    WSG graveyards say "hello!"

What a bunch of bullshit.

Every time i enter a regular AV (usually in the morning when discord activity is low), the Horde is farming Alliance at SHGY for the fun of it for 10-20min without any attempt at ending the game. I doubt this will change anything in their behavior since theyre barely getting any honor after the first 5min of it anyway.

Thing is, I have lost maybe 3-4 AVs in the last month im the “best” discord. These turtles literally never succeed. When the horde rush LTs they got 2500ish bonus honor for a 7 minute game, when they turtle and we break it, they get 200-500 bonus honor, almost no kills, and a 12-14 minute loss. Im sure in Grizzly games its even worse for them... but what are you going to do ������������*♂️ Its my last week of “pvp ranking” and idgaf ������✔️
    These tactics succeed pretty often against the 96% of players that arent rankers. At worse it turns a 7min alliance win into a 20min alliance win (which is a success for the horde), at best the horde wins in 30-40min with their 5man offense group that the 8-10 pugs/afkers/lowbies cant stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hillarious. Horde get their 40 min que pop to get killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay667b View Post
    Fuck the horde. If these guys farmed you once, you're getting only a small taste of what you deserve for the months of zerging.