Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    In vanilla we had 1 guy in Guild who got 14 minimum 10hour per day and this guy had full gear was before naxx but we had everything on farm. So he won most games due to having way better gear on classic now everyone has same gear pretty much.

I played for 12 hours yesterday (horde) had the highest or near the highest amt of HKs in each AV, and got 61k.

The top 10 standing people on my server had 800k for the week.

So, ya, you do the math. It's ALOT of playtime to be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well once the servers die off it will get easier.
    No it won't. You still can't seem to figure out how percentages work. On dead servers the highest brackets simply doesnt exist. So anyway how is your rak 7 going? Took you more than a week I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I played for 12 hours yesterday (horde) had the highest or near the highest amt of HKs in each AV, and got 61k.

I go about it other way set myself 210k-250k a week target. What it gets me i end up with that. It's what i can do after work/weekends with 30 minute queues.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post

800k as horde player per week? That is quite impressive...
    No premades and 30min queu... and still 800k per week.

I can't believe this system is still a thing, how can Blizzard enable such an unealthy lifestyle. People that are commiting 12-16h a day to this should really look for professional counseling.

Sick
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-01-15 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nargoron View Post
    800k as horde player per week? That is quite impressive...
    No premades and 30min queu... and still 800k per week.
    You can get 100k/day just doing WSG premades as horde.

Top WSG premade groups are at like 150k/day

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    So im in my last week of grinding for Rank 10, Ive consistently had 600k+ since AV came out (Ive never had a bracket 3 spot). The problem here is that its the first wave of people, so EVERYONE is going nuts. If youre on a dead server you can get away with 800-900k for bracket 1, but you'll be competing with the people currently in that slot. If you wait 2-3 months caps will go way down, but as it stands on Heros US im putting in 10-14 hours a day (averaged out) just to get rank 10, and I cant tell you how happy I am that this is my last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I can't believe this system is still a thing, how can Blizzard enable such an unealthy lifestyle. People that are commiting 12-16h a day to this should really look for professional counseling.

Sick
    Well there's a reason they dropped it with the first chance they got and never implemented anything like that.
    Now people wanted classic .. which included it.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I know I personally didnt think it would be THIS bad. By the time AV dropped I was already rank 6 from world pvp (miss those days) where I was putting in 5-6 hours after work, it wasn't that bad. Ever since AV came out, its turned into a 24 hour pvp circuit from hell (pve really), and I wasn't going to quit when I almost hit my goal. The last couple of weeks though have been legit hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post

Sick
    People wanted Vanilla. This is what Vanilla was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    I know I personally didnt think it would be THIS bad. By the time AV dropped I was already rank 6 from world pvp (miss those days) where I was putting in 5-6 hours after work, it wasn't that bad. Ever since AV came out, its turned into a 24 hour pvp circuit from hell (pve really), and I wasn't going to quit when I almost hit my goal. The last couple of weeks though have been legit hell.
    You didn't expect people to play 24/7 once bg's came out?
    Its what the community has been doing for a long time.
    This is why Blizzard keeps adding in weekly caps to things, because if they don't you get this shit.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    People wanted Vanilla. This is what Vanilla was.

- - - Updated - - -

You didn't expect people to play 24/7 once bg's came out?
    Its what the community has been doing for a long time.
    This is why Blizzard keeps adding in weekly caps to things, because if they don't you get this shit.
    Yeah, this is how vanilla was. No one got Rank 14 on their own, at least not on a populated server. You had to account share and be playing 24/7, literally. I remember getting drafted to play our guild Warlock's account one night so he could get a few hours of sleep. I'd never touched a lock before, I just went in the BG and got carried by our guild team for a couple hours. I think I just spammed Death Coil and Fear the whole time.

The lock eventually did get rank 14.

Don't you also need to retain that rank to equip the gear?
    I recall losing access to equipping the weapon/armor when the rank was lost...

Reading this thread made me remember why I should ignore the PvP system.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPerson View Post
    Don't you also need to retain that rank to equip the gear?
    I recall losing access to equipping the weapon/armor when the rank was lost...
    No, once you reach a rank you retain its benefits forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakakao View Post
    No, once you reach a rank you retain its benefits forever.
    Not exactly, you lose all the benefits, but if you bought the items, they have no requirements on their own. Eg if you lose rank 3 you don't get the 10% vendor discount anymore.

Anyway, it's a relative system, of course people who really want to get up there will have to invest more effort than anyone else. It's like being mad at a kid in your uni class that he did way better than anyone else and now all your grades are fucked up because of him. He's not the one to blame, accept that you can't compete and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefort90 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm wondering if I run AV 8hours/day, is it possible to reach the rank 14 or would I need to spend more time on it? Thanks.
    playing Av for 8 hours per day as horde is impossible. The queue times alone are already up to 50min

Timegating is bad (Retail) unregulated 24/7 progression is good (Classic). Thats what people wanted I hope they enjoy it just as much as the people who are able to play 24/7.
    -

oh god 8 hours of AV a day, I'd honestly rather work a job digging ditches

Quote Originally Posted by HulkSmasher View Post
    oh god 8 hours of AV a day, I'd honestly rather work a job digging ditches
    Well to be fair, for horde, its more like 3 hours of av within those 8 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Not exactly, you lose all the benefits, but if you bought the items, they have no requirements on their own. Eg if you lose rank 3 you don't get the 10% vendor discount anymore.

Anyway, it's a relative system, of course people who really want to get up there will have to invest more effort than anyone else. It's like being mad at a kid in your uni class that he did way better than anyone else and now all your grades are fucked up because of him. He's not the one to blame, accept that you can't compete and move on.
    Except in this case, that kid is the only one allowed to get an A grade and no one else can until he gets a lower grade.