Predictions on Corruption nerfs.

So far, corruption is a cool and fun albeit gimicky mechanic, except for this:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&source=370

My guild did a final EP run Tuesday night for AP and Titanforge fishing before we get into the meat of the new raid cycle, and this log happened.
    Grats to our ret paladin on getting an Infinite Stars piece day 1, but holy crap does this thing do absurd damage, 24.79% of his total damage; above even Templar's Verdict.

I know a decent chunk of this community saw this coming a mile away, but for those of us more casual players it's a sight to behold.
    If this doesn't get nerfed and becomes a mandatory dps trait, woof.

This makes the also overpowered Breath of the Dying minor look like chump change, and that trait is already disgusting enough in its current form. (Lethal Strikes is what it's called in the log, for some classes doing 2x the damage of rank 3 CoF minor, at rank 1)

So, opinion time. Do you think these traits will get hugely nerfed, or are we in for times of crazy dps swings based on loot rng and how much corruption you can stack without dying.
    Last edited by DazManianDevil; 2020-01-15 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Fix't spelling :3

They better get nerfed or this is just the same bullshit that Legion Legendaries were.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had never heard of this, but I doubt I'll be lucky enough to get a piece. I got some bracers (much like my last 5 m+ chests...) with a + something 2ndary stats proc.

Oh boy, here comes the crying wolves demanding nerf then realizing shadowland is nearby... Ok
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-01-15 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Oh boy, here comes the crying wolves demanding nerf then realizing shadowland is nearby... Ok
    Yes, RNG is SO much fun. The funnest. Nothing is more fun than RNG. Yep.

What a stupid comment, more than 3/4s a year away... that's the same equivalent thought logic of "why bother gearing, greens are better next expansion!".

This is why Corruption is just Titanforging with a different coat of paint. Y'all really thought they would remove RNG from the game?

There are some reports that Infinite Stars will give an Elemental Shaman 30k + DPS.

RNG on RNG on RNG on RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    What a stupid comment, more than 3/4s a year away... that's the same equivalent thought logic of "why bother gearing, greens are better next expansion!".
    Isn't it slated for August? That's just under 3/4 of a year away.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Oh boy, here comes the crying wolves demanding nerf then realizing shadowland is nearby... This is why we can't have FUN for a while.
    I mean, you're not wrong. However, I'm personally not looking forward to the idea of "everyone farm M+ to get 1-2 Stars traits because it's mandatory for decent Mythic Progression".
    The issue comes down to, will Mythic bosses be tuned around rampant overpowered corruption traits, or fall over with a sneeze because of them?
    I didn't raid Mythic Emerald Nightmare but this forum loves to bash how easy it was due to early powercreep, which corruption is looking to be. Benthic 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I'm sorry if I triggered you mate, ignore and move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    I mean, you're not wrong. However, I'm personally not looking forward to the idea of "everyone farm M+ to get 1-2 Stars traits because it's mandatory for decent Mythic Progression".
    The issue comes down to, will Mythic bosses be tuned around rampant overpowered corruption traits, or fall over with a sneeze because of them?
    I didn't raid Mythic Emerald Nightmare but this forum loves to bash how easy it was due to early powercreep, which corruption is looking to be. Benthic 2.0
    Who knows? Wait next week to see the results then tuning/balancing comes in. I am expecting it will be terrible. Once again, That's blizzactivision for us. Enjoy while it lasted...
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-01-15 at 11:27 PM.

People that think they got someone "triggered" probably get a hard on thinking that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Isn't it slated for August? That's just under 3/4 of a year away.
    It's supposed to be by the end of 2020. I think August is very unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

So you say something dumb, get called on it and the best you can do is a hurr-durrr yer so triggered? Pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    It's supposed to be by the end of 2020. I think August is very unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

So you say something dumb, get called on it and the best you can do is a hurr-durrr yer so triggered? Pretty lame.
    I'm sorry if it took you 3 years to think of that comment Agent Smith.

I'm sorry if it took you 3 years to think of that comment Agent Smith.
    Say something that isn't completely stupid. I dare you.

While extreme outliers should obviously be fixed i actually hope they don't hotfix/nerf/buff stuff too often.

Gearing/essences/azerit traits etc. are already enough to worry about now together with the corruption system.

Why did it even have to come to this? Why is gearing more layered than an onion?

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    While extreme outliers should obviously be fixed i actually hope they don't hotfix/nerf/buff stuff too often.

Gearing/essences/azerit traits etc. are already enough to worry about now together with the corruption system.

Why did it even have to come to this? Why is gearing more layered than an onion?
    Your guess is as good as mine, though it seems in an effort to keep the game fresh Blizz has tried to add depth and complexity, with wildly mixed results.
    I took a lot of time off raiding, but iirc Legion was pretty awful too, in the sense of tier sets, plus Artifacts needing AP and specific BiS socket items at the right ilvl plus the whole crucible system and Legiondaries that were pure RNG for most of the expansion. I got a ring on my resto druid week 1 and didn't replace it until BFA.

Buddy of mine raided well into Mythic Antorus still using a 2set bonus from Night Hold and a 2set from ToS, on top of the 2set from Antorus. Talk about layered.

At least now we can proactively fish for "perfect" items, seeing as it doesn't matter if that BiS ring has or doesn't have a corruption affix, it can roll on any other piece of gear.
    Example, most 2handed Str classes will probably run +15 KRs til they get a 465 Geti, socket it and not replace it til Shadowlands, and since it can't titanforge; you're basically done. Sure the 2hander off Mythic N'Zoth might be a tad better due to ilvl but if you have access to that weapon, you've beaten bfa anyway in terms of PvE.