Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The new auction house is amazing!

It's insane how much better the AH is now. You just buy the item you want, at ANY amount you want, and it's always the cheapest price. No more buying out all these weird stack amounts when you just want X amount.

Same thing with selling. It's just two clicks now. No more needing to look up how much the item is going for and manually typing in the price.

It's fantastic. I can't believe we've been using that awful original AH for so long.

Yeah i like it alot so far! This overhaul was long overdue. Ever since vanilla the AH only received a few tweeks but largely remained the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda removes the while 'auction house' aspect to it though? Now it's basically online shopping. Sure, it's a quality of life bonus, but I think it harms immersion and the RPG elements of the game. I think it could have been updated without changing that base functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Yes. I've been waiting for so many months now to put all the various mats and items I've acccumulated on the new AH. And I blew up by quadruppling my 50k gold So awesome.

It's basically a simplified version of the Auction House system EvE has been using for like, more more than a decade, which always boggled my mind how WoW took this long to get something similar working, considering EvE's economy management/AH features are pretty much the best in the business.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Kinda removes the while 'auction house' aspect to it though? Now it's basically online shopping. Sure, it's a quality of life bonus, but I think it harms immersion and the RPG elements of the game. I think it could have been updated without changing that base functionality.
    Oh, tell me more about the RPG elements of going to the shop and telling the shop assistant "Hey, mister. I want to buy 20000 Veiled Crystals" and he is like "Sure! They are scattered in different places around the shop, you just have to find them and pick them one by one! Have fun!"

or

"Hey mister. I want to sell these 500 kilos of Grilled Fish" and he is like "sure, but you have to write the price manually on every 200 grams of it! have fun!"
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2020-01-17 at 08:22 AM.

I agree i love it. Just need 2 things i miss from addons: To cancel all auctions by mass select and show a tooltip from a scan of the AH on items, to see how much it sells on the Auction House.

For buying its awesome, and the mail with stacking stuff from the AH.

For sellers it's a pretty siginficant downgrade, practically speaking. Takes quit a lot longer time to get stuff out. One example is crafted stuff with different stats. It's not hard by any means just takes longer time to check stuff. Which is my grief with it all.

But overall, it's a decent upgrade. The one stack penalty seems to be gone on most trade materials, and it's faster to search for stuff with huge quantities. Remember searching for some herbs throught 50 pages on the AH? Cya in 30 minutes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow, i need to use this as an example of "blizzard could literally fix every bug in the gamer and balance it perfectly, and people would still find something to cry about"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    I agree i love it. Just need 2 things i miss from addons: To cancel all auctions by mass select and show a tooltip from a scan of the AH on items, to see how much it sells on the Auction House.
    Ye the cancel button after checking for undercuts. It's the one thing I really want added to this new one.

Most people have used an addon since vanilla for ah

7+ Year Old Account
    maybe because im not accustomed yet, but i prefer the old one

but again, i didn't much heavy stuff on it anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't call 1500 single stacks of ore immersion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    It has always been easy with addons. But it's surprising how it took years to implement that convenience to players who don't use AH addons.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

If it had not all those bugs.

seems so long ptr phase did not really help as like Hazzikoken promosed it would be.
    Last edited by snaggahoolin; 2020-01-17 at 12:06 PM.

The "Auction House" still remains for anything worth auctioning (items, etc). Noone really wants to auction commodities (ie. materials), you just want X to craft some stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Most people have used an addon since vanilla for ah
    Yea, but it was still slow af when it scanned through many pages of auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    Yea, but it was still slow af when it scanned through many pages of auctions.
    I've not used the new one yet, but this is what I'm hoping has improved. Was so tedious waiting ages for it to scan and find things. Hoping the new one is much quicker

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    who don't use AH addons.
    I dono how any one even enjoyed playing wow without either auctionator or auctioneer

People really will complain about anything.

Nothing says immersion like going through 5 pages of single stack copper ore. Thats the true RPG experience, so immersive.

If it really upsets you that much, call it a commodities broker instead.
    Last edited by willtron; 2020-01-17 at 11:48 AM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day