Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    clearly there is no other way then execution. I mean warning shots are not a thing.....

BTW there is no indication the intruder was armed and he was shot outside the house.

- - - Updated - - -
    Oh so you're all for reckless discharge of a firearm? Anyone suggesting using warning shots is an idiot who should never have access to a gun
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

clearly there is no other way then execution. I mean warning shots are not a thing.....

BTW there is no indication the intruder was armed and he was shot outside the house.

- - - Updated - - -
    I think almost all of any "gun problem" we have in this country is the obviousnessness with which so many know all they know about firearms and use of force from TV and movies. "warning shots".

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    There is no indication the intruder was unarmed either, and if he was actively attempting to force entry, who cares where he was shot.
    there is every indication or the charges would have been different and the police reports/news reports would have mentioned it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    Oh so you're all for reckless discharge of a firearm? Anyone suggesting using warning shots is an idiot who should never have access to a gun
    Wait are you telling me as a gun owner you don't know how to use your firearm?

Wait #2.... so you are saying firing a gun in this situation is reckless? Thought you supported him shooting the person?
    So shooting a gun at a person is not reckless, but warning shot is? Hmm great logic bro

As I have said before, I've been around guns all my life. My father as been a owner since he was about 21. Currently has multiple weapons at the houses and I was taught at an early age to use a gun.

Guess the only solution to you guys is killing someone.
    With that logic I would have seen a lot of dead people growing up...a lot.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I think almost all of any "gun problem" we have in this country is the obviousnessness with which so many know all they know about firearms and use of force from TV and movies. "warning shots".
    Sorry but a warning shot is much better than killing someone who is unarmed and still outside the house.
    If you don't know how to safely perform such an action then you should not own a gun
    If you only plan on killing people with your gun, for every illegal activity, then you should not own a gun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Warning shots are a reckless discharge of a gun and nobody who calls themselves a responsible gun owner should do it. Let me guess you also think that cops should shoot the gun out of people's hands...

the fact that they are willing to break in is plenty of indication that they are willing to hurt the people in the house. It's sad you are willing to risk your families life.
    If you do not know how to handle a gun then you should not own one.

Another dude who thinks discharging a gun into someone's chest is not reckless, but a warning shot is...…
    Is everyone a perfect marksman like in the movies???
    Nothing reckless like shooting outside of your house possibly pointing towards other residences and area's of population /s

Glad you think you are judge, jury and executioner.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    there is every indication or the charges would have been different and the police reports/news reports would have mentioned it.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait #2.... so you are saying firing a gun in this situation is reckless? Thought you supported him shooting the person?
    So shooting a gun at a person is not reckless, but warning shot is? Hmm great logic bro

As I have said before, I've been around guns all my life. My father as been a owner since he was about 21. Currently has multiple weapons at the houses and I was taught at an early age to use a gun.

With that logic I would have seen a lot of dead people growing up...a lot.....

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but a warning shot is much better than killing someone who is unarmed and still outside the house.
    If you don't know how to safely perform such an action then you should not own a gun
    If you only plan on killing people with your gun, for every illegal activity, then you should not own a gun.

- - - Updated - - -

If you do not know how to handle a gun then you should not own one.

Another dude who thinks discharging a gun into someone's chest is not reckless, but a warning shot is...…
    Nothing reckless like shooting outside of your house possibly pointing towards other residences and area's of population /s

There were no charges, the victim acted in self defense and the criminal died.

The is nothing wrong with shooting to kill in self defense, quit ignoring the fact the criminals are getting shot because the have chosen to commit a crime of their own free will knowing full well what the results could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    There were no charges, the victim acted in self defense and the criminal died.

The is nothing wrong with shooting to kill in self defense, quit ignoring the fact the criminals are getting shot because the have chosen to commit a crime of their own free will knowing full well what the results could be.

"because the have chosen to commit a crime"

So any crime is a death sentence now?

Guess that's how people get killed stealing 2 dollar items from a store, walking down the street by a "neighborhood watch nut"......etc etc.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Guess that's how people get killed stealing 2 dollar items from a store, walking down the street by a "neighborhood watch nut"......etc etc.
    Let me retype that for you.

Guess that's how thieving pieces of shit get killed stealing items from a store, walking down the street by decent neighborhood watch folk....etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Let me retype that for you.

Guess that's how thieving pieces of shit get killed stealing items from a store, walking down the street by decent neighborhood watch folk....etc etc.
    so death penalties for stealing 2 dollars worth of goods and being black in a stand your ground state.....

I guess you would not be here right now if that was the case since most likely you have committed a minor offense equal to stealing 2 dollars worth of goods....say jaywalking.....or even stealing when you were a kid (which most people won't admit but have done), smoking weed, underage drinking...etc etc.

Guess its not a problem till your 10 year old kid goes and takes a pack of gum.
    Guess if they don't shoot him you will do it then as punishment right? Right?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

An aimed shot is always safer than a wild shot. A "warning shot" by definition violates at least two of the four rules of basic gun safety.

The action is manifestly unsafe. But beside that, the very idea of one undermines the credibility of any eventual justifiable force defense. To wit - the sole legal justification to fire the gun *at all* relies on reasonable fear of imminent death or bodily injury. Firing the gun *at all* is lethal force, wherever it is aimed, and if the danger wasn't so imminent that it required you to actually use it on the threat, than the use wasn't justified, and you're probably going to go to prison if your "warning shot" didn't help and you still had to shoot to kill.

This grossly misstates the law on the use of force and definitely clarifies... yep, learned everything you assume about guns and their use from cop shows and action movies. If you were an attorney giving this advice you would deserve sanctions or disbarment.

He's a dude that understands that recklessness is a legal term of art that has relevant meaning. Yes, a warning shot is always reckless. No, an aimed shot at an imminent threat of death or grievous bodily injury isn't reckless, it's intentional.

This is pretty rich from the guy trying to pitch firing without substantively aiming at all as the safety-conscious option.

ah, the curtain draws and the unserious nature of this is revealed. There's no adult conversation to be had with someone who thinks a defensive shooting is "trial, verdict, and sentence" for whatever crime the decedent was committing when they decided to become a deadly threat.

- - - Updated - - -

so death penalties for stealing 2 dollars worth of goods and being black in a stand your ground state.....
    Childish silliness. In all 50 states, the defensive shooting would only be justified if the thief created a reasonable fear of imminent death or grievious bodily injury - such as if someone decided that getting those 2 dollars worth of goods would involve drawing a gun, large knife, a bat, or a severe beating of a smaller person. Then they aren't being shot "for stealing", they are being rightfully, deservedly shot to end the deadly threat they chose to pose. "Stand your ground" has nothing to do with it - "stand your ground" just refers to the modern majority rule whereby you don't have a legal duty to retreat before using force to defend yourself, replacing the backwards antiquated notion that it's the victim of a crime that owes a duty to their attacker before using force to survive.

15+ Year Old Account

With that logic I would have seen a lot of dead people growing up...a lot....
    way to completely miss the point and make yourself look idiotic. Shooting a gun at someone who's threatening you is not reckless firing a warning shot off is the fact that you even suggest such an idiotic actin is reason enough to never give 2 shits about your opinion on guns because you clearly aren't fit to own one and clearly your father or whoever taught you about guns did a piss poor job
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

way to completely miss the point and make yourself look idiotic. Shooting a gun at someone who's threatening you is not reckless firing a warning shot off is the fact that you even suggest such an idiotic actin is reason enough to never give 2 shits about your opinion on guns because you clearly aren't fit to own one and clearly your father or whoever taught you about guns did a piss poor job
    Never owned a gun and never will. I don't live in fear and have to arm the shit out of myself because I live a life in fear of people or the govt. I feel sorry for those whom do. Guns might give you better odds in some situations, but in others they increase odds of something bad happening. I'll pass.

My experiences with guns and guns owners drive my opinions.
    Shooting a gun at all is reckless by its very nature and the average accuracy of even the best shots in a stressful/active situation.

You don't give two shits about anyone else opinion unless they exactly match your own.....so why start now. That's the good thing about opinions I don't need your approval.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

15+ Year Old Account
    Never owned a gun and never will. I don't live in fear and have to arm the shit out of myself because I live a life in fear of people or the govt. I feel sorry for those whom do. Guns might give you better odds in some situations, but in others they increase odds of something bad happening. I'll pass.

My experiences with guns and guns owners drive my opinions.
    Shooting a gun at all is reckless by its very nature and the average accuracy of even the best shots in a stressful/active situation.

You don't give two shits about anyone else opinion unless they exactly match your own.....so why start now. That's the good thing about opinions I don't need your approval.
    no i dont give 2 shits about yours because you clearly dont know shit about guns and there in lies the problem its people like you who are completely clueless trying to legislate something. and good on you parroting those bloomberg talking points about living in fear
    Get your shit together

no i dont give 2 shits about yours because you clearly dont know shit about guns and there in lies the problem its people like you who are completely clueless trying to legislate something. and good on you parroting those bloomberg talking points about living in fear
    nah be honest, I could prove what I know about guns and their real world implications and use.....and you still would not give two shits because that is how most people are wired including you.

and Bloomberg? really?
    Gee I wonder why his name comes up all of a sudden?
    Could it be some other than me is reading from new talking points??? Feel free to go back in post history to see I've said the same thing long before Bloomberg came on the presidential scene and I sure was not paying attention to him prior to this run.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

15+ Year Old Account
    nah be honest, I could prove what I know about guns and their real world implications and use.....and you still would not give two shits because that is how most people are wired including you.

and Bloomberg? really?
    Gee I wonder why his name comes up all of a sudden?
    Could it be some other than me is reading from new talking points??? Feel free to go back in post history to see I've said the same thing long before Bloomberg came on the presidential scene and I sure was not paying attention to him prior to this run.
    you openly said about using warning shots sorry but that right there shows me you dont have a damn clue about firearms. you talk about people being reckless with guns and you mention one of the most reckless things to do i'm glad you never plan on owning guns because people like you shouldn't
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account

The commitment of a crime in a manner that puts another in fear of their life is intentionally putting ones self in position to be shot. I have no sympathy for criminals that do that.

https://www.fredericksburg.com/news/..._medium=social

There was easily 100k of us here today in Richmond. tens of thousands with firearms. No one was hurt, no violence. No anti gun groups showed up at all . And on Lobby day, every Democrat law maker was absent and the Governor skipped town to be in Manteo NC. They refused to listen to the will of the people.
    This shot down the Anti gun groups narrative that the majority of the People want stricter gun control laws / This was a tremendous day that should have been covered by the major media, but they only hung around in case something bad happened. Governor Blackface Northram must resign. We need to recall him and those Lawmakers looking to take away our rights.

And no trash , we all cleaned up after ourselves. Imagine that https://twitter.com/i/status/1219311446615633921
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2020-01-20 at 09:00 PM.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    https://www.fredericksburg.com/news/..._medium=social

There was easily 100k of us here today in Richmond. tens of thousands with firearms. No one was hurt, no violence. No anti gun groups showed up at all . And on Lobby day, every Democrat law maker was absent and the Governor skipped town to be in Manteo NC. They refused to listen to the will of the people.
    This shot down the Anti gun groups narrative that the majority of the People want stricter gun control laws / This was a tremendous day that should have been covered by the major media, but they only hung around in case something bad happened. Governor Blackface Northram must resign. We need to recall him and those Lawmakers looking to take away our rights.
    Someone did provide a poll that showed the majority did support those laws going through. Not that I support those laws, but the clear majority did.

Hence, the problem with the "will of the people" taking away the freedoms of others.

This was a tremendous day that should have been covered by the major media, but they only hung around in case something bad happened.
    So basically they covered it, bigly, you just didn't like how they did it....waaaaaaaaaah

They refused to listen to the will of the people.
    Sorry but the "will of the people" voted him in so you are wrong on all points here.

The poll shows that 84% of Virginians support universal checks for firearm purchases and 57% support an assault weapons ban. Also, 76% of people polled support extreme risk protection orders, which would allow a family member to petition a judge for a warrant to seize legally owned guns if someone is determined to be an immediate threat to themselves or others

Here's another
    https://oppo.vcu.edu/media/oppo/Wint...20Release2.pdf

Sure seems like the loud minority showed up while the silent majority just did not bother.

P.s. You know today is a holiday right? People have off...lol.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I absolutely love to hunt and actually make a vacation out of it every year with my brother but that being said i fail to see how any of these laws / regulations would impose? Like i am curious? We should have universal background checks, we should make it harder for morons to get ahold of a weapon like these. Having a gun should be seen as having a drivers license which if i had my way with it require insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Someone did provide a poll that showed the majority did support those laws going through. Not that I support those laws, but the clear majority did.

Hence, the problem with the "will of the people" taking away the freedoms of others.
    Polls can easily be manipulated. Those Polls were from Bloombergs groups. There was over 100k People here today, and not one Bloomberg gun control group or anti gun group showed up. Not one.
    We had people come from all over the country today. And teh anti gun groups narrative of White supremacist red necks was shot out of the water. People of all colors races and creeds arrived today to support the 2A. It was a glorious thing to witness. It was also a very very bad day for the liberal media and the DNC especially the Virginia Dems
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Polls can easily be manipulated. Those Polls were from Bloombergs groups. There was over 100k People here today, and not one Bloomberg gun control group or anti gun group showed up. Not one.
    We had people come from all over the country today. And teh anti gun groups narrative of White supremacist red necks was shot out of the water. People of all colors races and creeds arrived today to support the 2A. It was a glorious thing to witness. It was also a very very bad day for the liberal media and the DNC especially the Virginia Dems
    Great, so 100K people showed up... and Virginia has over 8 million people in it. As you stated, people came from all over, so it's from a pool of more than 8 million people.

It's weird, were these people just as outraged when Trump banned bump stocks, or called for gun confiscation without due process? I must have missed those marches. Did you march against Trump?

If you can refute the polls, then let's have you do it.