Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Not enough diversity in the GOP!

*Muslim runs*

Hypocrites for having diversity!

In the same vein, the left lambasts the GOP for being "too white", not enough people of color, yet when a black guy runs he gets called an Uncle Tom.

You kind of made the point against what you’re saying. This is a white Muslim who is running against a woman of color.

- - - Updated - - -

Jewish people in concentration camps got special privileges too. Especially if they work for the better interest of those trying to kill them.

Survival tactic or act of self preservation.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Well for a side that "hates labels" the left certainly loves to throw them out.
    I know it's hard for y'all to tell the difference between hating labels and hating slurs but, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    It's actually a way of testing if I'm talking to a person or an ideologue.
    A person will always admit the smallest chance of being wrong about something, even if that doesn't seem the case of the situation.
    An ideologue will adamantly refuse that and keep projecting the dogma.
    So what, you want a disclaimer with every opinion expressed? Like... The Republican party is interested in nothing more than racism and plundering the wealth of the country for themselves*.

* Based on currently available evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I know it's hard for y'all to tell the difference between hating labels and hating slurs but, please.
    "It's fine when we do it" / "It's different when we do it"
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    So what, you want a disclaimer with every opinion expressed? Like... The Republican party is interested in nothing more than racism and plundering the wealth of the country for themselves*.

* Based on currently available evidence.
    No because you can't 100 percent prove that statement you are not allowed to say it. Yet he/she can say whatever literal batshit insane idea comes out of their head because he/she believes it therefore it has validity.

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post

* Based on an opinion which I admit could be wrong.
    Fixed.

This would be intellectually honest and a mark of a balanced person rather than an angry ideologue.
    Don't really expect to see it anyway soon here.
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Y'all? (Blank)ist, (blank)phobic, racist, nazi, fascist and that's just off the top of my head. That's just a simple observation and one your ironically contributing to. You ever see me use the terms fag, chink, spic, nigger, etc outside of an example like this? I'll wait?
    It's almost as if there's a difference between reprehensible ideological positions and slurs used to demean minorities for something they are unable to help.

Fairly telling as to how little y'all understand about oppression if you're this desperate to be victims.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    No because you can't 100 percent prove that statement you are not allowed to say it. Yet he/she can say whatever literal batshit insane idea comes out of their head because he/she believes it therefore it has validity.
    Nothing in life is 100% certain, so you can't say anything, right?

Most people operate on a level where they look at the available evidence, and draw a rational inference from it. Inference/implication, logic, etc, are whole fields of rational thought.

Your statement is utter fucking nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good fucking god. That might've been the single most stupid thing I've read on this site. Yes, thanks to retards like Bush jr and trump. Conservative is a dirty word. Three GoP its poised for a dramatic change in policy. Mostly because they need to. Their voter base is literally dieing off.
    Everything I said is a provable fact. The woman is running because she has a gimmick, it has nothing to do with who she is representing by her make up and appearance.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

Most people operate on a level where they look at the available evidence, and draw a rational inference from it. Inference/implication, logic, etc, are whole fields of rational thought.

I believe they were mocking Malaky's drivel with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see. I've been called a trump supporter because i said jussie was faking it with evidence. Been called a racist as well for that. Been called a fascist because kicking out illegal is bad if a Republican does it. A-ok if obama did it.
    Okay? The fact that you remotely think these are equivalent to slurs is, again, telling. As is the fact you think these opinions are generaliseable.

You can fucking shove that oppression shit. If you want equality you can't have recognition. Equality is apathy if you think about it.

I think it's telling you going bat shit over me saying what I said. You guilty of it ain't you.
    "If you want equality you can't have recognition" - i.e. the only way to purchase acceptance is through conformity.

That's not equality, that's adding more cells to the prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Fixed.

This would be intellectually honest and a mark of a balanced person rather than an angry ideologue.
    Don't really expect to see it anyway soon here.
    Don't edit my quotes to say something I didn't say. Moreover what you edited in is pointless and redundant. All opinions can be wrong. Which is why they're opinions and not facts.

What I had in there was far more accurate. If Republican politicians stop blatantly acting in their own self-interest at the expense of everything else then I'm open to re-evaluating my opinion of them. But going by current behaviour, I won't have to do that for the foreseeable future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rich coming from the side saying conform or you're a fascist.
    Strawman - nobody is saying that. Pointing out fascistic behavior is not demanding conformity.

Think like us or your a racist while we say white males are the problem. Because you can't be racist against whites (ironically being racist). I'm also STILL waiting for you to pony up proof I said any slurs. You said y'all when addressing me. So pony up proof.
    I said y'all can't tell the difference between a label and a slur, which is the only reasonable explanation for you getting triggered because someone called you a racist, lol.

You clearly have never actually interacted with a left winger in person since the "arguments" you're presenting are largely right wing caricatures of the left.

- - - Updated - - -

The left isn't the utopia you like to think it is.
    And another strawman.

Hint: If your only defense of the right is "but the left", that's just whataboutism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rich coming from the side saying conform or you're a fascist. Think like us or your a racist while we say white males are the problem. Because you can't be racist against whites (ironically being racist). I'm also STILL waiting for you to pony up proof I said any slurs. You said y'all when addressing me. So pony up proof.

The left isn't the utopia you like to think it is. They have some glaring double standards. It's better then the right but that's not saying much.
    Speaking as someone with few ideological colleagues among "the left", I've never been called a "fascist" by any of them, never been called a "racist" by them because I spoke out as a white guy about something. I don't get anyone demanding I "conform" to anything, ever, really.

I have had those labels flung at me, without any basis in reality, by right-wingers. But not by people on the left.

If you keep getting accused of being a racist/fascist by a lot of different people, maybe you should engage in a bit of self-reflection. For most of us, that just never happens; it's not the norm, and your experience isn't descriptive of how things are for everyone else.

Ya I am talking about @Malaky with his/her utter bullshit ramblings over these last number of pages. Who when called to backup their bullshit with facts or evidence says he/she doesn't have to because they believe it and if you can't 100 percent disprove it then what he/she is totally valid.

I see in this thread the left is supposed to be some monolithic entity where if you don't conform you're ostracized.

And in the DNC primary thread people are complaining and/or mocking the left for being divided over issues.

Well, which one is it? Oh, right, it has nothing at all to do with reality and is just used to mock and troll based on the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Speaking as someone with few ideological colleagues among "the left", I've never been called a "fascist" by any of them, never been called a "racist" by them because I spoke out as a white guy about something.

I have had those labels flung at me, without any basis in reality, by right-wingers. But not by people on the left.

If you keep getting accused of being a racist/fascist by a lot of different people, maybe you should engage in a bit of self-reflection. For most of us, that just never happens; it's not the norm, and your experience isn't descriptive of how things are for everyone else.
    Man I keep getting called a racist every time I use the word "thug" to describe a black person suspected of a crime, must just be the left tossing out labels. /s

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Ya I am talking about @Malaky with his/her utter bullshit ramblings over these last number of pages. Who when called to backup their bullshit with facts or evidence says he/she doesn't have to because they believe it and if you can't 100 percent disprove it then what he/she is totally valid.
    Oh look, a strawman. How new and unique.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a strawman. it's a fact. You can look at J.K Rowling. The moment she went against the crazy left on twitter they demanded her be canceled. Can't go into why because the the fantastic mods here would lock the thread. Look it up. Just another prime example of the far-left (hate using this term but it does apply because Twitter) going mental because someone went against their message.
    A fact, as supported by an opinion page.

Being transphobic is going against the crazy left now, apparently.

Nope, wrong. You can say it, but with the humility of understanding your own lackings and possibility of being wrong.