13 18.31%
  • Taken Away!

9 12.68%
  • Regulated

49 69.01%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It was a peaceful, constitutional event. And discussed in more detail in the mega gun control thread. The vast majority of gun owners are law abiding citizens just wanting to exercise their constitutional right to keep and carry a firearm for self defense.
    And the proposed law doesn't interfere with that at all.

I think it says enough when they said that look, rally was peaceful, we are so good!
    Jesus christ, almost all rallies in the Western world are peaceful!

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    What. The. Fuck. It really takes the biggest cake there is for someone in the power to decide that a Western country will bomb their own city in peacetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    There is nothing dangerous about the U.S. once you leave the liberal gun free cities.

- - - Updated - - -

Part of the reason I am glad we have a more conservative SC. That translation was ridiculous to say the least.
    I mean, that quote is from the conservative majority in Heller.

No right is free from limitations. You have limitations on your free speech, limitations on your due process, limitations on free assembly, free press, etc.

It was a peaceful, constitutional event. And discussed in more detail in the mega gun control thread. The vast majority of gun owners are law abiding citizens just wanting to exercise their constitutional right to keep and carry a firearm for self defense.
    Which is why I don't get why the MSM is so against it. It's almost like they're getting paid by corporations to spread fake news and cause mass fearmongerering in the age of misinformation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    We're fortunate here. This could have been a disaster. For now, we still have a chance to fix the terrible divisions in the US.
    there was never going to be a disaster. If one person would've began opening fire, the rest just had to pull the hair trigger and blow him or her to bits.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

ill post it here too https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...-Maryland.html

good thing these guys got picked up

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, a lot of the fear mongering around this reminded me of the Joker shit the media was pulling up to the movie's release; getting up in arms over something that hadn't happened yet and coyly hoping something did so they could get views off it. So, really, I'm glad this went off without a hitch in spite of how many people wanted it to turn into a riot for either validation of their own political opinions or news clicks.

I like to think I lean pretty hard to the left in all this, and do agree with the laws being proposed, but some folks do forget how many sensible/reasonable gun owners exist and that not every gathering of them is going to end up in a Western Style Shootout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Honestly, a lot of the fear mongering around this reminded me of the Joker shit the media was pulling up to the movie's release; getting up in arms over something that hadn't happened yet and coyly hoping something did so they could get views off it. So, really, I'm glad this went off without a hitch in spite of how many people wanted it to turn into a riot for either validation of their own political opinions or news clicks.

I like to think I lean pretty hard to the left in all this, and do agree with the laws being proposed, but some folks do forget how many sensible/reasonable gun owners exist and that not every gathering of them is going to end up in a Western Style Shootout.
    The reasonable ones did not show up, one of them[Lee Carter] even had to go into hiding because of this rally.

Yeah they don't look like a bunch of gun-addled crazies who wouldn't get into the Taleban on grounds of dress.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    there was never going to be a disaster. If one person would've began opening fire, the rest just had to pull the hair trigger and blow him or [I]] to bits.
    Wow. You just set the new threshold for stupid with this post. It was like you sat around for months thinking "how can I stuff all my lack of intelligence into one single post. And you did it! It was like this beautiful microcosm of condensed retard.

Seriously, how do you get out of bed without falling out of the window?
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-01-22 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Flaming

Guys it was just a peaceful rally.

https://news3lv.com/news/nation-worl...tart-civil-war
    A hidden camera captured members of a violent white supremacist group expressing hope that violence at a gun rights rally in Virginia this week could start a civil war, federal prosecutors said in a court filing Tuesday.

Former Canadian Armed Forces reservist Patrik Jordan Mathews also videotaped himself advocating for killing people, poisoning water supplies and derailing trains, a prosecutor wrote in urging a judge in Maryland to keep Mathews and two other members of The Base detained in federal custody.

The Canadian national didn't know investigators were watching and listening when he and two other group members talked about attending the Richmond rally in the days leading up to Monday's event, which attracted tens of thousands of people and ended peacefully.

Last month, a camera installed by investigators captured Mathews talking about the Virginia rally as a "boundless" opportunity.

"And the thing is you've got tons of guys who are just in theory should be radicalized enough to know that all you gotta do is start making things go wrong and if Virginia can spiral out to (expletive) full blown civil war," he said.

FBI agents arrested Mathews and two others — Brian Mark Lemley Jr., 33, of Elkton, Maryland; and William Garfield Bilbrough IV, 19, of Denton, Maryland — last Thursday as part of a broader investigation of The Base. Authorities in Georgia and Wisconsin also arrested four other men linked to the group.
    I wonder why a white supremacist terrorist thought that a supposed "peaceful gun rights protest" would be full of radicalized people that would be a good opportunity to start a civil war. Hmm...
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2020-01-21 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    When have gun ownership rights been taken away?

1911, Turkey
    Established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, were rounded up and exterminated. Search Armenian Genocide.

1929, Soviet Union
    Established gun control. In 1937, about 2million dissidents, including 30000 military officers, were rounded up and imprisoned or executed. Search The Great Purges

1935, China
    Established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents were rounded up and exterminated.

1938, Germany
    Established gun control. From 1939 to 1945, leaving a populace unable to defend itself against the Gestapo and SS.

1956, Cambodia
    Established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, 1-2 million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. SPECIAL NOTE: The law was passed in 1956, but was not used for 20 years. But it WAS used.

1964, Guatemala
    Established gun control. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

1970, Uganda
    Established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. The total dead are said to be 2-3 million.

If you truly can't see how gun rights could be taken away by a state that's absolutely contemptuous of the Constitution, you haven't been paying attention to all the previous laws and bills.

The best part is the very posters who do so shriek about "hate" while behaving in a completely hateful manner.
    sigh this debunked load of crap again??
    Citizens guns would not have done shit against the multiple million man German army even if this was true.

BTW if the US military wanted to round you up, none of you with all your 2A weapons would stand a chance. Hell they don't even need to be within 1000 miles of you and your silly militia friends, to evaporate you with a lousy drone.

Your imagination is cute though.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    sigh this debunked load of crap again??
    Citizens guns would not have done shit against the multiple million man German army even if this was true.

BTW if the US military wanted to round you up, none of you with all your 2A weapons would stand a chance. Hell they don't even need to be within 1000 miles of you and your silly militia friends, to evaporate you with a lousy drone.

Your imagination is cute though.
    To be fair they wouldn't even need a drone. People tend to forget that everything is digital these days. Freezing a bank account, shutting off their electricity, and locking out their vehicles remotely are things that can all be done easily. They'd be arrested by local law enforcement while trying to buy a cheeseburger with their frozen debit card.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Against unarmed people, they are deadly weapons of war, but against tanks or drones if need be, an untrained moron would die easily. So both buttons are in fact still TRUE.

If a squad of [insert your military branch of choice here] soldiers was raiding your house, how effective do you think your AR-15 would be? What if that squad is armed with M-16s which, as far as I know, are basically the same thing? Would it be more or less effective than you taking that AR-15 and shooting up a school or movie theater?
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2020-01-22 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Against unarmed people, they are deadly weapons of war, but against tanks or drones if need be, an untrained moron would die easily. So both buttons are in fact still TRUE.
    Yes, because guerilla warfare involving small arms has never tripped up the US Military.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    If a squad of [insert your military branch of choice here] soldiers was raiding your house, how effective do you think your AR-15 would be? What if that squad is armed with M-16s which, as far as I know, are basically the same thing? Would it be more or less effective than you taking that AR-15 and shooting up a school or movie theater?
    There could be upwards of 100 million armed people in the US, certainly several dozen million. We're not talking a platoon vs. one person.

I'm betting you two are, as usual in these threads, woefully out of your element here.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2020-01-22 at 06:53 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    And the proposed law doesn't interfere with that at all.
    It does if it wants to ban AR-15's. Which are a common semi-auto rifle used by millions of people. Just like when Chicago and DC wanted to ban handguns. It was ruled Unconstitutional.

And I see this thread has evolved into a gun control debate. lol!
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because guerilla warfare involving small arms has never tripped up the US Military.

There could be upwards of 100 million armed people in the US, certainly several dozen million. We're not talking a platoon vs. one person.

I'm betting you two are, as usual in these threads, woefully out of your element here.
    ah, the assumption that all those people would rise up and work together
    when the truth is they would be in little cells of their drinking buddies, and to small and disorganized to actually fight people that we've literally spent hundreds of thousands per person in training.

- - - Updated - - -

It does if it wants to ban AR-15's. Which are a common semi-auto rifle used by millions of people. Just like when Chicago and DC wanted to ban handguns. It was ruled Unconstitutional.

And I see this thread has evolved into a gun control debate. lol!
    cause people keep ranting about the law being passed leading to some sort of gun grab.

Well armed trained military people with weapons of mass destruction vs your imaginary numbers of unorganized untrained obese yokels.

I don't get the hulabalu about this protest. I mean how can one just sit there when legislation is passed limiting purchases of handguns to ONE A MONTH!!! But I needs more guns. 12 A YEAR? But I'm 'Merican!

The only people that would rise up and cause trouble are indeed conservatives they’d instigate something and become the terrorist as the trends and attacks and stats have shown. The majority of America would stand against them so this idea of some major civil war is just silly. F there was even an inkling if a chance they’d be crushed in an instant. Remember this is America we know America the government knows America.