as much as I want to play it... I'll wait till black friday or some other discount

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Well, looks like I am starting a Critical playthrough...

How fucked am I?
    Crit in KH3 isn't that hard once you get the hang of it. Some elements of it felt easier than Proud Mode in KH1 imo. If you do manage to get the ultima weapon, it makes nearly everything a breeze.

What is version 1.09 and why is it 9gb? I already pre-loaded the dlc and that was 8gb.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    What is version 1.09 and why is it 9gb? I already pre-loaded the dlc and that was 8gb.
    That would be the free update that adds some new things to the base game. Don't have a list of changes so I can't tell you what it adds outside of new abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kingdom Hearts 3 was an abomination. I absolutely love the KH series, have played all the games and have been waiting for it since I beat KH2 a few weeks after it came out.

It was a poorly constructed mess, and I blame Disney for like 95% of it. The combat was as fun as ever but the world's felt tiny and boring, and the story was god awful. None of the world's were meaningful, any and all story was confined to the last bits where they tried to cram it all in. I don't think I've ever traded in a game so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Kingdom Hearts 3 was an abomination. I absolutely love the KH series, have played all the games and have been waiting for it since I beat KH2 a few weeks after it came out.

It was a poorly constructed mess, and I blame Disney for like 95% of it. The combat was as fun as ever but the world's felt tiny and boring, and the story was god awful. None of the world's were meaningful, any and all story was confined to the last bits where they tried to cram it all in. I don't think I've ever traded in a game so quickly.
    I agree with you, although I blame square and disney. I do not know if it is because I am what, 10 years older since I played KH2, but KH3 just felt so bland and pointless. The interactions between Sora, Donald and Goofy felt so cringy (infact all character speech did to me). Honestly I did not even finish the game, despite eagerly awaiting the release. I spent the whole game waiting for the square storyline side of things to pick up, but honestly it never felt like it did.

At the point I stopped playing, I realized the next place I have to go is the last world, and I was like WTF is this?? And I could not even motivate myself to finish the game, it sits on my PS4 Unfinished. I would have preferred KH2 graphics and still on the PS2 but with different worlds and plot than what KH3 was. I was bitterly dissapointed by KH3. I do not know how people that tested it said it felt like a good game...I think they forgot that for an RPG a solid plot line and good dialogue/storytelling is one of the most important parts of it (for me its actually the most important, even above gameplay).
    Last edited by Geo9999; 2020-01-22 at 12:33 PM.

Apparently Master Xehanort has a new VA, no clue if it's for the entire game or just new cutscenes. Not sure who it is yet but people are thinking it might be Christopher Lloyd.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    That would be the free update that adds some new things to the base game. Don't have a list of changes so I can't tell you what it adds outside of new abilities.
    Adds Oathkeeper and Oblivion keyblades.

Requirements for Oathkeeper is to find all Lucky Emblems.
    Requirements for Oblivion is to beat the base game on Critical mode.

I still haven't purchased Remind. I think I'm going to wait for a verdict.

I will say the new combo moves and the two new keyblades are stellar.

new title coming soon from the q&a

- - - Updated - - -

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    new title coming soon from the q&a

- - - Updated - - -

Bummer, I thought that there was another story driven dlc coming, but maybe I misread from way back then?

Oh well, RE:Mind launches in a few hours.

Though, I had to struggle a bit to avoid spoilers because it seems that certain countries already have it released (if TheGamer'sJoint is any indication since he started his playthrough just today).

project xehanort coming to ios and android

https://www.kingdomhearts.com/xehanort/us/home/
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    My theory is that Disney canned the original story line for the Frozen world because they were probably unsure which direction they wanted the future of the (Frozen) franchise to go. Taking a better safe than sorry approach. Which ultimately resulted in a horrible world for us to play through. Probably should have given us another Aladdin story for us to explore than Arendelle.

Of course, I am probably wrong, but eh.
    I was so glad to be done with Arendelle, the scenery was bland and repetitive, even though there was some fun gameplay/boss fights...

ReMind hype!!!!!!!!! T- 3 hrs

Re:mind is live boys, time to save Kairi.

Wait, are the cheat modes mutually exclusive? RIP my dreams of Thundazing hordes of balls to the walls hard enemies all day.

I'm a bit disappointed they dubbed over Rutger Hauer(also rip), but I guess it would also be weird having him voiced by RH in one scene and Christopher Lloyd the next.
    Mickey Mouse microwave hall.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2020-01-23 at 05:43 PM.

So thoughts on the DLC, hard to recommend if you aren't a big KH fan.

Pros:

- They changed up the cutscene where Kairi gets captured to make her look less pathetic (she actually gets to do stuff before getting captured)
    - Playing as Kairi was awesome just a really fun move set.
    - The guardian battle was just cool
    - epic Mickey moment
    - New cutscenes help to explain things
    - Christopher Lloyd's performance

Cons:

- Having to replay the keyblade graveyard in its entirety with no clue what cutscenes had new material.

Overall solid DLC if you're a fan, hard to justify the price otherwise.

Excuse my while I UNF. Bit disappointed they reused the new unbreakable chains, would've been nice if they did a new one of his LW theme.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2020-01-24 at 10:55 AM.

Finished the Remind portion of the DLC. It fixes a LOT of problems I had with the final act of the game. There are some scenes I feel it did not need to repeat because I've seen them already in the base game, but the new scenes/fights were super fun. One issue I had is it somehow managed to make Kingdom Hearts even more convoluted lol. I suppose that is to be expected with this franchise, though.

I'm gonna start the limit cut today.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay these data fights are amazing. They are extremely hard even on level 99 Proud mode.

I've managed to take down 2 of them so far.

Finally got Oblivion, I guess it was a good thing I had a crit save right after the nort court, now to level this beech and do the whole thing all over again.

I think after I do the main part of Re:mind, I am going to go through my Proud save to get the remaining lucky emblems to get Oathkeeper, then restart my crit playthrough using that exclusively to get Obliviion.