Page 1 of 30
... LastLast

Screw corrupted gear

this is one of the worst shit I've seen in this game, literally removing a bad system to add one even worst, stupid devs will never learn.

Will you kids ever stop whining?

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Will you brown-nosers ever get the skid marks off your nose?

People didnt like the insane amount of rng already in the game, then they decided to triple down on it and then they act shocked people dont like it....

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post

People didnt like the insane amount of rng already in the game, then they decided to triple down on it and then they act shocked people dont like it....

There's a differece between "shocked" and "OFGZMLOL, THIS IS ALL SHIT, DEVS ARE TOO STUPID TO BREATHE THROUGH THEIR NOSES?!!111".
    One is a valid concern about the game, the other is just self-obsessed whining.

I mean, at least give an explanation why you feel the need to go on such a rant.

This is such a braindead response. The OP was clearly just an unconstructive whine. But to point that out I must be a brown-noser right? You children need to learn that there is a way to dislike decisions that Blizzard has made and/or is making without crying like a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    What exactly is the matter though? Is it that you didnt get the exact upgrade you wanted? Did someone else got something you wanted? Are you "underperforming" because someone else got "lucky" and you didnt? Did you get the wrong item? Too much corruption? Too little? None at all?

Im not being facetious here, honest question, you said the system is worst than war/titan forging; just want to know what is it thats worse exactly.

Just wondering cause I think corruption is a fun variation on the -forging system. At least for 1 patch cicle I think its ok. So far Ive gotten 3 corrupted peaces I can actually wear and dodging the bad side effect has added some fun to the daily grind. I have yet to stablish if its improving my dps raid wise though.

Lets look at the systems.

TF/WF:
    1. The right item had to drop
    2. It had to have a socket
    3. It had to WF/TF

Thats 3 seperate RNG elements to every potential drop.

Corrupted Gear:
    1. The right item has to drop
    2. It has to be Corrupted
    3. It has to have a gem socket
    4. It has to have the right affix of corrupted to be "useful"
    5. It has to have the correct tier of corruption to be useful to you

Thats 5 separate RNG elements to deal with for each potential drop.

Thats not even mentioning the downsides of corrupted gear, please add 1-6 mechanics (depending on your cloak, Heart traits and gear) to every boss in order to gain the "benefits" of the corrupted gear

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    What don't you like about corrupted gear?
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    This is such a braindead response. The OP was clearly just an unconstructive whine. But to point that out I must be a brown-noser right? You children need to learn that there is a way to dislike decisions that Blizzard has made and/or is making without crying like a baby.
    And here come the Brown Nose calvary to save Blizzard from the slightest bit of criticism....

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=LordVargK;52046752]There's a differece between "shocked" and "OFGZMLOL, THIS IS ALL SHIT, DEVS ARE TOO STUPID TO BREATHE THROUGH THEIR NOSES?!!111".
    One is a valid concern about the game, the other is just self-obsessed whining.

I mean, at least give an explanation why you feel the need to go on such a rant.[/QUOTE]

Explanation of what? The responder dismissed the OP as a child because that person didnt like even more rng added to the game. If you act like a self entitled asshat, expect to be treated like one.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    What exactly is the matter though? Is it that you didnt get the exact upgrade you wanted? Did someone else got something you wanted? Are you "underperforming" because someone else got "lucky" and you didnt? Did you get the wrong item? Too much corruption? Too little? None at all?

Im not being facetious here, honest question, you said the system is worst than war/titan forging; just want to know what is it thats worse exactly.

Just wondering cause I think corruption is a fun variation on the -forging system. At least for 1 patch cicle I think its ok. So far Ive gotten 3 corrupted peaces I can actually wear and dodging the bad side effect has added some fun to the daily grind. I have yet to stablish if its improving my dps raid wise though.
    Removing whatever-forging and not adding anything would have been better than this crap.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Obtaining these effects by rolling dice really sucks when there's no changing them or reforging stats on the gear that they come on.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    this is one of the worst shit I've seen in this game, literally removing a bad system to add one even worst, stupid devs will never learn.
    Let me guess.

You are unaware that you can remove the corruption effect and that certain things give you better resist to it?

My Horde alt who barely does anything outside of Rep farming for the Vulps in Voldun has 5 pieces of corrupted gear he can wear. While my main who does the M+, both Raids, and the events in the Blossom and Uldum only has 1.

Its a silly system,

I like corrupted gear.

Lets look at the systems.

TF/WF:
    1. The right item had to drop
    2. It had to have a socket
    3. It had to WF/TF

Thats 3 seperate RNG elements to every potential drop.

Corrupted Gear:
    1. The right item has to drop
    2. It has to be Corrupted
    3. It has to have a gem socket
    4. It has to have the right affix of corrupted to be "useful"
    5. It has to have the correct tier of corruption to be useful to you
    Nothing HAS to have a socket. Benthic gear maybe, but TF/Corrupted doesn't. Sure it helps, and adds 10-15ilvl to it, but what are you trying to do, get BiS in Bfa? That's a silly goal, this isn't early WoW.

Also #5 on corrupted is 100% wrong. While it was still on the PTR they removed random corruption amounts, there is no RNG there. There is a fixed amount, that varies between item slots (legs have more than wrists for example), but there is not random levels of corruption on the same slot.

I agree that these RNG systems stink, but I wouldn't say corruption is any worse than TF. I still think it is slightly better than TF overall (if they could ever somewhat balance the positive proc damage). Happy to not have 5-40 ilvls of variance. There is still huge gear variance (based on what positive bonus trait you get and socket), but it is fixed to a certain ilvl at least.

Something new? How dare they!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I especially enjoy the threads where people say that [thing] is going to be terrible, despite the fact that [thing] isn't released yet and not even in the PTR.

Some things have - justly - received a lot of criticism that has been ignored by Blizz, but that is another story.

Sometimes this is almost as good as Trade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I have a pair of 415 bracers with the crit increase corruption that are better than 445 bracers with a lesser corruption passive.

This system is awful.

ITs benthic gear but with a lot of added RNG layers, so nothing new...

10+ Year Old Account
    Just being new doesn't make something good or fun. This patch is hot garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    I already have to sim every single piece of gear. So... just because corruption has to be simmed... doesn't actually change anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I have a pair of 415 bracers with the crit increase corruption that are better than 445 bracers with a lesser corruption passive.

This system is awful.
    Oh, they made item level even more trash. That's brilliant. Maybe corrupted should have been a gem slot. And imagine if we could add slots to gear. Sort of like a ... crafting system. Blizzard, plz.