Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You don't even NEED to be fully optimized to clear the zones needed for the upgrades anyway. Just swap to a dps spec if they share weapons (and frankly if you don't have an offspec this far into WoW's life that's a you problem not WoW failing to design stuff with I WILL HEAL AND DO NOTHING ELSE people) and don't treat it like a heroic dungeon were you can pull -everything- and survive. Take each mob by itself and use CD's as you want and just don't rush things. Rank 1-6 only need the main boss, Thrall or Alerya to be killed and the next few ranks only require the tier 2 zones to be done and you don't even have to kill Thrall/Ale to get the upgrade tokens. The people full clearing and running masks atm are the ones that are 3000% optimized and speced/azurite traited/essence for clearing visions. I cleared 1-5 on my priest at 402 ilevel, this stuff is not -hard-, just requires to think for more than 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    ??? All your specs are ranged DPS and can use the same stats and weapons and trinkets.. lol
    If you think Fire and Frost use the same trinkets you don't know much about mage.

Also outside of trinkets the same is true for priest. You use the same gear for shadow and holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    There's a problem with that as well. I dunno if the talents can be swapped at the Chamber. So people will need to commit to either picking all the grp ones (right side of tree) or the solo ones (left side of tree). At least early, you just wont get enough orbs to level both at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    This. At least, definitely not at first. Further down the line, with more of the new Horrific Vision 'talents' unlocked - especially those suited to solo play - it'll get more manageable.
    Idk if anyone has told you guys yet, but the right side is better for solo. 150 extra corruption, 3 orbs, you get 600 more corruption over your run. Anyone going left is big dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    If you think Fire and Frost use the same trinkets you don't know much about mage.

Also outside of trinkets the same is true for priest. You use the same gear for shadow and holy.
    I haven't played since BoD and I only played paladin so I guess you're right. As paladin you can't use holy trinket as ret or ret trinket as holy. The trinkets for mage may not be "optimal" for each spec but they are at least usable.

The good news is, depending on what level of raiding you planning on doing, bothering with HV's beyond a few isn't even necessary. Which is probably a good thing, because frankly the entire system is the very definition of un-fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    This feature looks promising for Shadowlands (Thorgast).
    Blizzard telling us how to play again.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    I cleared start arena + dwarven + trade (all mobs) with 20% cloak as a 430 resto druid with ancient flame + tide essence and only bracer stat start corruption.

Very inefficient. Very doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Caradras View Post
    I dont see what your warrior has to do with anything since we were talking about healers?

The timer is the limiting factor here since it takes healers more time to kill stuff and they cant clear as far into the vision as a dps can. So they dont be able unlock the tech tree as fast and get the objectives to upgrade the cloak in a single run. Meaning that playing as a healer in this case is punished by blizzard because of the way its designed.

Dps also gets gear and consumables so thats not some special advantage a healer has?

Playing in a group isnt really helping if the talents for solo play were chosen in the tech tree.

My point is I have a really shitty character that does like no DPS and has no self healing but was still able to get the upgrade so you can take a healer and do the same thing now if you want to push hire then rank seven you will put in the extra effort but let’s say you can’t do that for a couple weeks that is fine you can just farm the Momentos to upgrade the tree once you get to a comfortable place you should be fine

My point is I have a really shitty character that does like no DPS and has no self healing but was still able to get the upgrade so you can take a healer and do the same thing now if you want to push higher then rank seven you will put in the extra effort but let’s say you can’t do that for a couple weeks that is fine you can just farm the mementos to upgrade the tree once you get to a comfortable place you should be fine

Now let’s say you have a healer that is geared to 445 or 450 and you go into a vision if you cannot put in the minimal amount of DPS required to clear what you ain’t too clear then grab a group this is not like the mage tower it is not designed to be a challenge for different people this is essentially a scaling dungeon so they give the players the choices on how to go forward if some players choose to play retarded Lee and tie two hands behind their back while smashing their face into the keyboard and then complain that they could not clear it that is not blizzards fault

If you cannot clear it currently on a healer then come back after you get gear because as far as I know all healers have either an off spec that even if it is shitty geared can still do it or they have trinkets and DPS belts that they can use to clear it

I don’t know why a healer would walk into a vision and focus on healing them selves with nothing in that vision will kill you through damage so every time you cast a healing spell you should be casting a damage spell

I really really hope that you understand the point now because yes healers have a harder time doing it but guess what they can still do it if you gear eventually you overcome any obstacle placed in the game by blizzard at this point but you also have to ask yourself what is your goal is your goal to max out the Cape then guess what you should probably play it with other people this is an MMO it is not a fucking random game boy game that you turn on and expect to be handed everything in the game without any help from other players

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    This feature looks promising for Shadowlands (Thorgast).
    Blizzard telling us how to play again.
    Yeah giving us something that we can customize through a tech tree kid and play by ourselves or in a group and can do on literally any spec that is totally them telling us how to play I’m sorry but little fucking Jimmy who can’t use his legs or arms is probably going to have a tough time playing the game anyways so trying to make the game where he can do it easily doesn’t fucking matter

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post
    I cleared start arena + dwarven + trade (all mobs) with 20% cloak as a 430 resto druid with ancient flame + tide essence and only bracer stat start corruption.

Very inefficient. Very doable.
    Dude don’t bother obviously you’re lying because healers cannot do it and what about later when you have to do the more areas well that’s just gonna be you can’t do it you’re lying you’re obviously lying because healers can’t do this if healers could do this then that would mean that the entire argument placed by the people in this thread is pointless and that wouldn’t be true because obviously these people are the greatest players ever and they are right and they know what they are talking about

It's one of the reasons why I'm indifferent to this, with a minimal sense of resentment. MT was designed in every single aspect to challenge me yet allow me to perform with the limitations that healers have. This has none of it. I can't possibly do what Rogues/Ferals/Mages can.

Lamest thing they've done in a while. A rather fitting feature for this expansion.

inb4 ''just go Shadow lmao''/''get a friend 5Head''

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by temp123456 View Post
    there is no content that forces dps to go healer, why should it be content that forces healer to go dps? make diverse content for each spec.
    not having to wait 10 hours for a dungeon qeueue says otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Visions are either a group content or a solo content.
    wrong!
    they are BOTH! if you are to bad at your class, group up otherwise solo it.

- - - Updated - - -

Then forcing healers (and tanks to a lesser extent) to have to group up is just poor design IMO.
    no is forced to do anything. and tanks can solo this fine (at least my dk tank can and I am a nub)

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    ??? All your specs are ranged DPS and can use the same stats and weapons and trinkets.. lol
    I also have a druid, who still has tank and balance spec geared. Point? I think every player should be able to perform all specs of their main class, and be prepared to do so in a semi optimal way. Otherwise they're pitiful nobodies who can't even play one class properly.

Everyone has a DPS spec for solo content. It's the way it has always worked.

If they made it easier to solo for tanks and healers, then everyone would play one for the extra safety.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I don't think you'll have enough damage as a healer to offset the sanity loss if you go solo
    Paladins can pull the first load but not further in as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

No one has really mentioned it, but i am willing to bet there are many healers who can full clear their visions. I could do 2 side areas as holy paladin by my third run and was playing it pretty conservatively. For the sake of being optimal i respecced prot to run with other guildies to get them further, but healers do have dps utility if you build for it.

Paladins built for crit can burn down large groups of mobs spreading glimmer. Druids can pretend cat and be pseudo rogues with infinite sustain. Rsham is basically just elemental with fewer ways to screw up your rotation. Mistweavers have that ridiculous crane stance on a short cd. Disc priest might honestly be the weakest given numerous nerfs, but they can still multi dot and are effectively invincible at reasonable gear levels.

Thanks for sharing this post.

Then forcing healers (and tanks to a lesser extent) to have to group up is just poor design IMO.
    Better get used to it. From what they've shown Torghast in Shadowlands will likely be similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a ridiculous thing to complain about.

I think it would be better if they tied sanity loss to health level.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Except it isn't. You're choosing to play a spec that's designed around having a group. Tanks and Healers have no place soloing content revolved around solo play, Blizzard designed an option so you wouldn't be entirely left out, but the game should not be catered to you because you want to play a group spec for solo content.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.