Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    "certainly capable" when she has NEVER shown anything like that is a big assumption. Fact is, in a book that was published many years ago, Mannoroth ranked her as weaker than Archimonde and Kil'jaeden. And the way she was portrayed in WoW since then has shown her as even weaker than said in that book. Say what you want, from the facts we have so far, shes the best sorceress on Azeroth, but nothing more.
    Not even, I would still put Medivh above her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    source?

My point stands, she was empowered by nzoth and the fact she appears as a boss one expansion later to kiljaeden and two later to archimonde, is enough to say she is at least as powerful as them.
    Wow no, just no. Kil’jaeden was beaten using godly weapons and edgy super demon hunter (and Velen). Death wing was beaten by super dragon ball z laser and 4 aspect, took nothing special to beat Azshara as necklace was being sucked dry the entire time. And trying to place order of raid appearance as sign of strength is just wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    like I said, you do that for every character.

that's extremely low bar.

and nah, she isn't above them.

I already posted Archimonde's feats.
    no, most characters have references of how powerful they are.

You posted them to another guy, but nonetheless, the only feat that is worth noting is the destruction of dalaran, and as i said, azshara is certainly capable of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Not even, I would still put Medivh above her.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow no, just no. Kil’jaeden was beaten using godly weapons and edgy super demon hunter (and Velen). Death wing was beaten by super dragon ball z laser and 4 aspect, took nothing special to beat Azshara as necklace was being sucked dry the entire time. And trying to place order of raid appearance as sign of strength is just wrong.
    she is the most powerful sorcerer on azeroth, so she is more powerful than the guardian.

we have thalysra, jaina and lorthemar help and we are being powered by azeroth. In other words, we are being powered by a titan.

and before you forget, at that point the neck is powered by the aspects.
    Last edited by Piamonte; 2020-01-26 at 10:19 PM.

There is no reference for Azshara being above Demon Lords.

You posted them to another guy, but nonetheless, the only feat that is worth noting is the destruction of dalaran, and as i said, azshara is certainly capable of.
    Don't be ridiculous.

Show me Azshara feats.

I'm waiting.

You posted them to another guy, but nonetheless, the only feat that is worth noting is the destruction of dalaran, and as i said, azshara is certainly capable of that.

- - - Updated - - -

she is the most powerful sorcerer on azeroth, so she is more powerful than the guardian.

we have thalysra, jaina and lorthemar help and we are being powered by azeroth. In other words, we are being powered by a titan.

Thalysra jaina and Lorthemar combine wouldn’t equal Illidan. Also you forget to beat Kiljaeden we needed several artifact, greatly empowered weapons. Some of those alone would smite Azshara in an instant. The titan empowered necklace was of no use to us when we fought her.

Don’t mistake my responses for being an Azshara hater. Love elf lore, love Azshara but I try my best to not be delusional about it. Archimonde has destroyed entire world with a spell, Kiljaeden ruled over the legion (tho only as a proxy of Sargeras) that spans countless world. Azshara cannot compare to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

There is no reference for Azshara being above Demon Lords.

Don't be ridiculous.

Show me Azshara feats.

I'm waiting.
    we are going on circles, thats exactly my point, most characters have references for their respecting power level, azshara doesnt, and that is a problem, but that doesnt mean she is weak (or far weaker than archimonde and kiljaeden) because every time she is referenced in the lore, she is depicted as this all powerfull sorcerer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Thalysra jaina and Lorthemar combine wouldn’t equal Illidan. Also you forget to beat Kiljaeden we needed several artifact, greatly empowered weapons. Some of those alone would smite Azshara in an instant. The titan empowered necklace was of no use to us when we fought her.

Don’t mistake my responses for being an Azshara hater. Love elf lore, love Azshara but I try my best to not be delusional about it. Archimonde has destroyed entire world with a spell, Kiljaeden ruled over the legion (tho only as a proxy of Sargeras) that spans countless world. Azshara cannot compare to them.
    the only artifact that was really powerful was the scepter of sargeras, as we know it was used for destroying an entire planet.

Archimonde didnt destroy a planet, he destroyed a city, huge difference there.

Kiljaeden ruling the legion, speak of his capacities as a leader, not of his power level, yes he was more powerful than any other demon, but so does azshara.

we are going on circles, thats exactly my point, most characters have references for their respecting power level, azshara doesnt, and that is a problem, but that doesnt mean she is weak (or far weaker than archimonde and kiljaeden) because every time she is referenced in the lore, she is depicted as this all powerfull sorcerer.
    And she always fell short.

Meaning all that hype was just that... hype.

- - - Updated - - -

And you forget that we ar enot empowered by a titan, the necklace is. and the necklace is drained during the fight, to free n'zoth.
    and now compare:

it was azshara vs jaina+lorthemar+thalysrra+us (necklace was actively used against us to free n'zoth in the fight)

and now the others:

deathwing vs alexstrasza,yera, nozdormu, kalecgos, thrall, us, dragonsoul
    archimonde vs khadgar, grom, yrel, us (with canon legendary ring), armies of horde/alliance/draenor people
    kil'jaeden vs illidan, velen, khadgar, us, fricking artifacts (which are insanely OP)
    argus vs illidan, velen, khadgar, us, artifacts, the entire titan pantheon spirits (and yet argus STILL won at first)

We had much less support against azshara, and yet we still beat her. Or in other words, we needed much less support and power-ups to beat her.
    Just admit that Azshara isn't all that. Her strength was over-estimated, both in the lore by the characters and by the players themselves.
    Yeah, i was hyped for her too, and hoped she would live up to her big name, but she simply didnt, sorry.

Edit:

Damn u always beat me to it.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

he didnt fell short, because she never showed her powers. again going on circles here.

he didnt fell short, because she never showed her powers. again going on circles here.
    She did... and it was pathetic.

Got imprisoned and was watched by some random NPC boss made up in one patch.

She's powerful enough to be a massive threat. The exact minutiae of how powerful is unknowable and pointless given that characters are only as powerful as the plot demands (exhibit A: Jaina). The point is, she's an endboss level threat, as she should be, without being the world-ending invincible ultra-Mage that some people conjured in their minds.

And you forget that we ar enot empowered by a titan, the necklace is. and the necklace is drained during the fight, to free n'zoth.
    and now compare:

it was azshara vs jaina+lorthemar+thalysrra+us (necklace was actively used against us to free n'zoth in the fight)

and now the others:

archimonde vs khadgar, grom, yrel, us (with canon legendary ring), armies of horde/alliance/draenor people
    kil'jaeden vs illidan, velen, khadgar, us, fricking artifacts (which are insanely OP)
    argus vs illidan, velen, khadgar, us, artifacts, the entire titan pantheon spirits (and yet argus STILL won at first)

We had much less support against azshara, and yet we still beat her. Or in other words, we needed much less support and power-ups to beat her.
    Just admit that Azshara isn't all that. Her strength was over-estimated, both in the lore by the characters and by the players themselves.
    Yeah, i was hyped for her too, and hoped she would live up to her big name, but she simply didnt, sorry.

Edit:
    the power of the heart of azeroth is both being used by azshara to release nzoth and by us, we still have our special neck abilities when we fight her and aszhara isnt really paying attention to us as she is completing the ritual.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah after being beaten by us and brought back to life from the brink of death.

Did you not know that Azshara is the single most powerful being in the whole multiverse without ever actually having to go against anyone?

How dare you question the power level of a character that has done literally nothing but talk about how great she is for thousands of years?

I would even argue that BfA Thrall has more power than Azshara at this point. He at least can hold an axe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Stronger then Khadgar, jaina, illidan, wild gods.
    likely weaker then archimonde, but as strong as kiljaden.
    as the pitlord said back when she was just an elf she was likely only rivaled by archimonde and kiljaden themselves.
    but now that she is more powerful, i could see her being stronger then the weaker but more intelligent of the two.
    She was only that strong when she had a magical well of unlimited power at her beck and call. She lost that but gained some amount of power from an old god. how much? we don't know couldn't be an amazing amount considering said old god was still restrained.

the power of the heart of azeroth is both being used by azshara to release nzoth and by us, we still have our special neck abilities when we fight her and aszhara isnt really paying attention to us as she is completing the ritual.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah after being beaten by us and brought back to life from the brink of death.
    Azshara literally put all of her focus on us later in a fight and still got her ass handed to her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Did you not know that Azshara is the single most powerful being in the whole multiverse without ever actually having to go against anyone?

How dare you question the power level of a character that has done literally nothing but talk about how great she is for thousands of years?

I would even argue that BfA Thrall has more power than Azshara at this point. He at least can hold an axe.
    We are heathens!!!

Azshara literally put all of her focus on us later in a fight and still got her ass handed to her.

- - - Updated - - -

We are heathens!!!
    she is literally completing the ritual while she is fighting us. From wowpedia: "and as Queen Azshara fell, with her last gasp the lock, the final seal that contained N'zoth was broken."

Rather, Mannoroth discovered that here was a force against which only his lord and Archimonde would prove superior.
    Sauce: https://cableplugger.files.wordpress...rd-a-knaak.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

10+ Year Old Account
    and now compare:

and now the others:

Edit:
    Not only that but she had her own force of elite naga to help her during the fight, We spend a large portion of our strength just keeping the power on, and she is drawing extra power form the room.... without the threat of the room coming in on you the whole thing would have been much easier. to Top it all of she is getting a boost from an old god...

she is literally completing the ritual while she is fighting us. From wowpedia: "and as Queen Azshara fell, with her last gasp the lock, the final seal that contained N'zoth was broken."
    In the actual lore we know that the deal between Azshara and Sylvanas was that we get lured there to open the lock and then she kills us like bugs.

But then she got surprised how useless she really is and fuckin dies on the floor so daddy n'zoth was like "bruh Imma punish the B" and rezzed her and now she is kept in a cage like a fckin parrot.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post

Oh god, you are right. We shouldve known. May she have mercy on us.
    I will immediately begin the construction of a shrine for her, so i may ask for forgiveness at least 2h a day for the next 50 years.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

The thing that people aren’t understanding is relativity. Azshara was hyped up as really powerful since the RTS games by those who were weaker than her. While a real contender for the most powerful Azerothian native, we’ve been exposed to so much more than that by this point that Azshara doesn’t seem that powerful anymore. This especially true with how she’s handled in 8.2 and even worse in 8.3

Of all the characters we’ve met so far, she just keeps getting demoted further and further with each passing expansion. Considering that we needed tons of external help with Deathwing, she’s not more powerful than him, nor Argus.