Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    And this is something that will never happen until America manages to kick its foolish delusions that everyone can be rich if they work hard. People aren't afraid of tyranny -- they're afraid that someone will take away their ability to be a tyrant to those of lower social classes.
    The American dream: become an asshole without boundaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    Normal republican policy towards the sick or poor.
    If you are sick or poor. Die quickly.
    Republicans are perfectly fine with people in need getting help from charities. Their concern is Big Government intrusion. There are food banks and churches that give away food, medicine, clothes, toiletries, etc. Republicans have no problem with any of that.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Republicans are perfectly fine with people in need getting help from charities. Their concern is Big Government intrusion. There are food banks and churches that give away food, medicine, clothes, toiletries, etc. Republicans have no problem with any of that.
    And what happens when both of those run out of food and everything else? Because they run out, even with people on food stamps.

Do you know what happens then? Crime spikes. Because people will do anything they can to survive.

Republicans have no problem at all with big government. Republicans wanting small government is one of the biggest lies in US politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Republicans have no problem at all with big government. Republicans wanting small government is one of the biggest lies in US politics.
    Yep, look at the "big government spending" that could have been avoided, if Trump wasn't president and knew ANYTHING about economics and didn't institute tariffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Especially when they want laws to pass that allows charitable places like churches to refuse to assist people for being homosexual, or who worship another faith simply because of their religious beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yep, look at the "big government spending" that could have been avoided, if Trump wasn't president and knew ANYTHING about economics and didn't institute tariffs.
    But Americans aren't paying those tariffs! /s

I got into a debate with a Libertarian today who was trying to convince me that average folks benefited as well as the ultra wealthy did on the tax cuts. When I showed him that the average $60k/year family who seen an average increase in net pay of $1000/year now pays on average $800/year more on their purchases he tried to convince me of the above. Must be great having that extra $200 a year that's going to be a whole lot worse come 2025.
    Last edited by Captain N; 2020-01-27 at 07:34 AM.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Especially when they want laws to pass that allows charitable places like churches to refuse to assist people for being homosexual, or who worship another faith simply because of their religious beliefs.

But Americans aren't paying those tariffs! /s

I got into a debate with a Libertarian today who was trying to convince me that average folks benefited as well as the ultra wealthy did on the tax cuts. When I showed him that the average $60k/year family who seen an average increase in net pay of $1000/year now pays on average $800/year more on their purchases he tried to convince me of the above. Must be great having that extra $200 a year that's going to be a whole lot worse come 2025.
    Not surprising. Some people have such thick skulls that facts don't get in there.

Things have changed since the 70s
    Might want to keep up.

Of course they're fine with letting the poor help the poor, but you forgot what happens when those charities/churches/food banks run out.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/13/u...-virginia.html

TLDR: Welfare/foodstamp work requirements still don't work, and don't have any meaningful impact on employment. Their usual effect is kicking people out of those programs and pushing them to food pantries and other charities.

As with the Kansas "supply side economics" experiment, it's another major failure for what is a pretty major Republican policy talking point.
    If you're between 18-40, abled bodied, no kids and you can't get a decent job in this economy, somethings wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    If you're between 18-40, abled bodied, no kids and you can't get a decent job in this economy, somethings wrong.
    Yes, the system is.

What is decent job? Above minimum wage? $40k? $50k? $60k? Because some of those ranges, simply aren't attainable for the majority of the country. Due to where they live, education, training, and whatnot.

You're right, if you can't get a job that gives you $400k a year, you're just doing it wrong. Trump worked so hard to make all of those top jobs possible.

It's funny, 'cause that what everyone told the rustbelters and coal losers before Trump and then they voted for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    You're right, if you can't get a job that gives you $400k a year, you're just doing it wrong. Trump worked so hard to make all of those top jobs possible.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/HefaYpv.jpg[/IG]
    To be fair, there are six-figure coal jobs. You just have to own the mine.

Except they have no ground to stand on when they want to intrude into a woman's body, gay people bedrooms, and dictate that poor have to meet higher standing to get entitlements they paid for, than free handouts given to the ultra rich and corporations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Yes, the system is.
    It must be nice living in the world he lives in where there is no racism or socioeconomic injustices preventing certain groups of people from obtaining decent jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    It must be nice living in the world he lives in where there is no racism or socioeconomic injustices preventing certain groups of people from obtaining decent jobs.
    Or in reality where you just don't get a job just because you apply for it. Hell, I was over experienced for many of the jobs I was applying for (janitorial with many years of experience and supervisor experience) and not even Wal-Mart was answering my application. Sometimes you just don't get the job.

Oh shit. Zenkai said something of merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Or in reality where you just don't get a job just because you apply for it. Hell, I was over experienced for many of the jobs I was applying for (janitorial with many years of experience and supervisor experience) and not even Wal-Mart was answering my application. Sometimes you just don't get the job.
    I had that experience recently. Over qualified for the entry level positions I was applying for to get my foot in the door, was told I was over qualified and never hired. But hey, it must be us, not the system.

This while thing reminded me of a study I saw on hiring on som docu-series that showed minorities were hired at an equal or greater rate than whites when the interviewees were not able to bee seen. But again, it must not be the system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    my father would love a job.
    You ready to hire someone who has had 3 strokes, 2 heart attacks, has diabetes since birth, deformed feet, rod in one leg, pacemaker and is 70 years old?? He has about 11 other things wrong with him too if you want the full list.

He worked for over 40 years as a truck driver, bus driver and mover and Social Security in his expensive state is not a livable wage thanks to the cost of living.

So he gets 51 dollars a month for food stamps (for which he never spends cause he refuses to even though he qualifies)

ABOLISH FOOD STAMPS!!!

All this because wages and social security have not kept up with REAL inflation.
    Maybe he should have been more responsible when he was not disabled and worked. He should have been investing in a 401k or IRA account during his working years instead of expecting to live off social security in a high cost of living area. Its not my responsibility to pay for his mistakes