Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Does anyone know if 8.3 Legendary cloak will be removed in 9.0?

Cant seem to find any info on title question? If anyone knows please let us know!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...and if not, it will be outdated in a few level ups anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on...15 years of history, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

My guess if it anything like MOP and WOD, Yes they will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    They've never removed a legendary quest item before, so why would they?

I have my previous Wrathion Leg Cloak.. I have All of my legendary items.. what are we on about? WILL THEY REMOVE THE BONUS, You damn well know they will lol

Given that this is an MMO, and given the track record. Absolutely yes, you'll be replacing it with a green cloak around lvl 55 probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    Cant seem to find any info on title question? If anyone knows please let us know!
    Negative, but the bonus will be likely removed at next xpac or when you hit the next level (50 to 51 after the lvl crunch)

The item or the quest line?

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post

I have my previous Wrathion Leg Cloak.. I have All of my legendary items.. what are we on about? WILL THEY REMOVE THE BONUS, You damn well know they will lol
    u cant get mop cloak anymore tho if u didnt do it then, i guess thats my question

10+ Year Old Account
    The item itself? No chance in hell.

The ability to obtain it? Definitely. Unless they keep horrific visions around for some reason there is no reason to allow new characters to get the cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Given that this is an MMO, and given the track record. Absolutely yes, you'll be replacing it with a green cloak around lvl 55 probably.
    really the questing im trying to ask is if the availability of getting will be removed

It's possible the quest line to obtain it will be removed, but otherwise the effect will most likely not be removed but only pertain to the visions (if they remain). I'm sure the major ones will be around in the Heart of Azeroth, but the minor ones may not.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    The item itself? No chance in hell.

The ability to obtain it? Definitely. Unless they keep horrific visions around for some reason there is no reason to allow new characters to get the cloak.
    yea thats my question, but still its not confirmed right?

no reason to remove it or remove its effect or make it unobtainable, in order to keep visions of nzoth playable in the future.

what probably will happen is that they will make it so you don't get insta mind controlled anymore if you don't have it equipped on the nzoth fights.

Do you mean the ability to obtain it (quests) or the item itself?

If you mean getting the item, yeah, we have no reason to believe they would leave that in since they didn't for MoP cloaks or WoD rings.

If you mean the item itself, that'll probably be left in but it will get out leveled just as hard as most legendaries do. Only ones with particularly unique possibilities like Thunderfury's threat production really see use beyond their expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    no reason to remove it or remove its effect or make it unobtainable, in order to keep visions of nzoth playable in the future.

what probably will happen is that they will make it so you don't get insta mind controlled anymore if you don't have it equipped on the nzoth fights.
    There was no reason to remove the mop and wod quests either yet they did it anyway.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Unlike the previous legendary cloak, this one is central to pretty much all of the gameplay in 8.3 rather than being an optional challenge for a superior item. I don't expect it to go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    yea thats my question, but still its not confirmed right?
    you don't get an achievement for obtaining this "legendary" cloak, let alone a feat of strength. think of this piece of junk more as a legion legendary than a real legendary. so i wouldn't be to worried. and it's not like it's got major gameplay systems tied to it like the heart of azeroth has.

players will have to be able to obtain the vision mount in the future, so no reason to remove the cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post

Maybe OP means "will they remove the questline" because the way most have interpreted is just stupid. Of course they won't remove the cloak. But you won't be able to get a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    There was no reason to remove the mop and wod quests either yet they did it anyway.
    you can make a good "reward the effort of people playing at the time" argument for that cloak/ring. probably plenty of people who think of those as an actual achievement, something they worked on for years.

this one... not so much. the heart of azeroth is more comparable.