Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Where do one even get corrupted gear, only from heroic vision yes? I dont have time to do heroic vision last few weeks, so I just stock up on the quest item thingie....Maybe later ill go for a few runs in a row.
    Corrupted gear can drop from a variety of non 8.3 sources. And that's one of the annoying aspects of this patch, you're gently coerced into generating currency to cleanse those otherwise perfectly good items. I do see where they were going with this.. the tradeoff between how much corruption you're willing to tolerate vs increase output is a neat one, and it makes perfect sense for players who want to hop on the horrific visions hamster wheel.

For everyone else, not so much.

Corrupted gear kinda reminds me of Legion's legendaries, especially early on. If you get the right one, even if you're shit player, you suddenly turn into god of all the meters. If you get bad one...you're screwed.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Corrupted gear can drop from a variety of non 8.3 sources. And that's one of the annoying aspects of this patch, you're gently coerced into generating currency to cleanse those otherwise perfectly good items. I do see where they were going with this.. the tradeoff between how much corruption you're willing to tolerate vs increase output is a neat one, and it makes perfect sense for players who want to hop on the horrific visions hamster wheel.

For everyone else, not so much.
    What gear source is giving so much corrupted gear without also giving memento's? The raid drops memento's, the new daily's give memento's, the PvP WQ gives memento's. The only scenario I can see is the if you only do M+, but even then, just go do a couple daily's, or go kill a couple of rares in the new zones and you'll get 20-50 memento's and be able to cleanse everything you get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    What gear source is giving so much corrupted gear without also giving memento's? The raid drops memento's, the new daily's give memento's, the PvP WQ gives memento's. The only scenario I can see is the if you only do M+, but even then, just go do a couple daily's, or go kill a couple of rares in the new zones and you'll get 20-50 memento's and be able to cleanse everything you get.
    Not all dailies drop memento's. I've gotten corrupted gear from single WQ rewards as well as emissaries, I can only assume they can drop from mythic 0 and higher as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I used to run with 66 corruption and when you get an eye and a suicide bomber when you pop your rune of power and combustion and not at full HP you either fucking die or lose like 30% of your DPS.

Another fun way to die is to blink, get an eye, first hit slows you for 50% and you die on cataclysm on wrathion
    Being fair, that's what the cloak on-use is for. And I'd argue against any corruption above 39 unless one is either 1) really certain of what they're doing or 2) is prepared to pay for their greed by being fucked in the ass by downsides, as they should be.

That said, as melee at least, having 38 corruption is a negligible downside. The slowdown is infrequent and often countered by Charge/Heroic Leap, and the eye doesn't have a very big zone and a few hits can be tanked easily unless you stand in it for the entire duration and get back to back spawns which is rare. And again, for real bad situations the on-use saves your bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Not all dailies drop memento's. I've gotten corrupted gear from single WQ rewards as well as emissaries, I can only assume they can drop from mythic 0 and higher as well.
    Sure, not every daily does, but it's not difficult to only pick up the dailies that drop mementos(There has been at least one in each zone every day), and if you don't want to do dailies, just go kill a rare, guaranteed mementos(in my experience anyway).
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    yeah, unless you hm, mythic raid on this patch, having bis is stupid with shadowland coming soon
    Soon = in about a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Being fair, that's what the cloak on-use is for. And I'd argue against any corruption above 39 unless one is either 1) really certain of what they're doing or 2) is prepared to pay for their greed by being fucked in the ass by downsides, as they should be.

That said, as melee at least, having 38 corruption is a negligible downside. The slowdown is infrequent and often countered by Charge/Heroic Leap, and the eye doesn't have a very big zone and a few hits can be tanked easily unless you stand in it for the entire duration and get back to back spawns which is rare. And again, for real bad situations the on-use saves your bacon.
    It was the case of me getting a 66 corruption effect on the very first piece of gear, my cloak was level 1 or something. But you are right, corruption effect is manageable when you have tools to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The concept is is neat and interesting. The implementation is fucked in typical Blizzard fashion.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Corruption bonuses feels quite similar to Legion legendaries effects to me.

There's months of weekly chests ahead, I guess when people get the good combination of corrupted items, they'll stop complaining, just as with legendaries

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post

The eye isnt nearly as bad as people make it out to be for ranged either. My priest with a little over 80 corruption can easily just walk out of the area.

Gear is better when it's simpler.

Any system that results in RNG acquisition of immense power, a'la legion legos, is a bad system. Any system that results in discrepancy and reduction of personal agency as far as impact on outcome is also a bad system.

Corrupted gear does both of those things.

In addition, I hate the rest of the base-game so much (aoe facepulling the entire zone so I can burst it down to farm mobs for some dumb emissary quest is not and will never be "fun") that anything necessitating even the slightest participation in those pathetic aspects makes me hate it. Lo-and-behold, corrupted gear does this, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    I thought it's a bad system, too, but the rate of it pretty high so it is easily farmable, especially in premades (perfectly in stacks).

It still need some tuning here and there, but there can be interesting situation and things where the best is not the best but your other combination.

Like I got a Lifeleech Proc on a Ring on my Holy Paladin alt. Thought it was shit, thought about cleansing it. Glad that I didn't do it as it turned out to be really amazing for Holy Paladins that ends in more damage as you have to heal actively way less. Awesome in M+.
    You wont see any tuning on them. It is what it is. They are done with BFA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Any system that results in RNG acquisition of immense power, a'la legion legos, is a bad system. Any system that results in discrepancy and reduction of personal agency as far as impact on outcome is also a bad system.

Corrupted gear does both of those things.

In addition, I hate the rest of the base-game so much (aoe facepulling the entire zone so I can burst it down to farm mobs for some dumb emissary quest is not and will never be "fun") that anything necessitating even the slightest participation in those pathetic aspects makes me hate it. Lo-and-behold, corrupted gear does this, too!
    My buddy and I have 2 Unholy Dk about the same Ilvl, 435. I have shit Corrupted gear and he has 3 pieces of good ones. He is doing almost 20k Higher then me and others in the guild with similar stats. Its a shit system that punishes everyone who is not smiled upon by the RNG gods
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

There wer already three tuning Hotfixes for the corruption gear, so...
    And to think that those three tuning hotfixes did much to those procc Corruptions in terms of impact compared to some of the static effects is borderline naive, so...

There wer already three tuning Hotfixes for the corruption gear, so...
    All those hotfixes did was shift them down from being God tier to S tier. Now that Mythic raid has properly started it's really unlikely we'll see any significant changes that actually brings them in line.

What the Corrupted system is missing is what Legiondaries got at the end - a currency to buy them. Just let us buy them with mementos - not too grindable, visions limited, means you get a Corruption bonus instead of a socket and a 1 time use, so you wouldnt waste it on shitty items. 25k-50k-75k mementos for Tier 1-2-3 of a bonus to slap on any item from a vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Gear is better when it's simpler.
    this is the most important statement here.

this. 100000 times this.

Corruption was an Interesting idea, but bad execution.
    Some are way too strong, while some are more or less useless.
    I got a 66 twisted aopendages, which is only a mediocore affix, yet it does 5-15% of my total damage.
    Which is waay to random and way too strong, but some are more than twice as strong.
    When so much of my damage is from random passive proc i barely feel in control of my character, a random proc generator has taken over.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    was a feral druid and agility was our king of stats. The darkmoon faire card greatness had static agility with a further agility proc. Deathbringers and a few others could top it, but agility was so unbalanced for us it was crazy.
    Greantess was good starting item but not even close to BiS, sorry.