View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Complete radio silence, which is odd considering the backlash.
    No its the typical Blizzard reaction. IGNORE it....till it goes away like Blitzchung....

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    That is ridiculous. Heroes of Might and Magic III HD cut way more shit, including all expansion campaigns, factions, units... but still somehow floats at 4.4.
    Which is why review numbers are shit in general because they are driven by which part of the community wants to push the number in either direction the most.Why people are still acting like review sites where it can be bombed by people dedicated enough matters, beats me.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-01-31 at 01:39 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I can't even get the game to install.
    https://imgur.com/a/RKJrnWH
    Thats as far as it gets
    Last edited by Inequs; 2020-01-31 at 01:36 PM. Reason: linked image refused to display

All I can say is, they'd better put some serious money behind actually fixing the concerns.

How much of the new content did they develop before cutting it? At least restore what was shown in E3 sheesh.

And how much fucking dev time does a new UI take?

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    That is ridiculous. Heroes of Might and Magic III HD cut way more shit, including all expansion campaigns, factions, units... but still somehow floats at 4.4.
    Fair point, but those kinds of scores are pretty meaningless even ignoring the angry neckbeard review bombers.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2020-01-31 at 01:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Any protagonist can be a Mary-Sue. Since wow's main lore writer is a huge Sylvanas fan he likely views her as the protagonist of the story and thus wants her seen as a heroic figure despite being something of a villain in this expansion.
    We'll see when Blizzard give her a redemption arc and get the Kerrigan treatment, who cares that she commented genocide it worked for AU Grom it'll work for her I guess. If they keep her a villain I'd be fine with it, but I as sure as hell don't buy her as a protagonist

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Can villains be Mary-Sue's? I thought that was a hero thing?
    No. Fundamentally incompatible with the concept of a Mary Sue.

But people on the internet think Mary Sue just means "a character I don't like".

(There is a related trope "Villain Sue", but like all Sue derivatives it's pretty sketchy and in any case it's not what people mean by a Mary Sue.)

15+ Year Old Account
    I m not going to go through tons of pages, but is it true people arnt able to play the old WC3 after buying Reforged?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Our laws are draconic for a reason.
    Draconian.

Though I would like to see them translated into draconic. For accessibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    No. Fundamentally incompatible with the concept of a Mary Sue.

But people on the internet think Mary Sue just means "a character I don't like".

(There is a related trope "Villain Sue", but like all Sue derivatives it's pretty sketchy and in any case it's not what people mean by a Mary Sue.)
    lol 'Villain Sue; I literally haven't heard that one yet :P

Oes noes purple hair, nobody's allowed to have purple hair in Warcraft III!

Not sure if that post is a joke or a hoax.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    lol 'Villain Sue; I literally haven't heard that one yet :P
    Thing is the people on TVTropes make all kinds of spinoff articles for popular tropes, so there's a thousand flavours of "Sue", but I wouldn't put too much stock in them.

Rather than the trope being common and thus requiring an article, it's more that the popularity of the article leads to more similar articles of dubious applicability. Plus "Mary Sue" is probably the most abused term on the internet (I think it even beats "ad hominem") so nobody even knows what it means anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    I m not going to go through tons of pages, but is it true people arnt able to play the old WC3 after buying Reforged?
    You don't even have to buy it to the original WC3 ripped away from you.

Unless you have the original CD, the old version on the Battle.net launcher is gone and there's no way to play the original game digitally.

Thank fuck i still have my original discs. Modern bad output you can ignore but retroactively going back to ruin former critical darlings is a new one good lord. Remember when everything blizzard touched didn't end up turning to shit?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Yes, you ARE ignoring facts Mr. White Knight who praise literally dogs poo if it was sold by blizzard.

Multiple people have shown you whats wrong with the WC Reforged website and you still ignore it so welcome to the ignore list Mr. I pray poo sold by Blizzard as the best thing ever!
    no they havnt, they said
    "Brand new models"-"THEY ARNT BRAND NEW MODELS, THEY ARE RESKINS!" This is wrong
    "Updated UI" "THE UI IS NOT UPDATED, THIS IS A LIE" Yes, it was updated, this is not a lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Am I the only one who likes the new dialogue UI? The old one was kind of clunky and in the way, half the screen was basically taken up by the big ass black box where the dialogue lines were written, this new UI is much more elegant and simple and allows me to better focus on the actual cutscenes.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    They are still using a fucking cutscene that is not in the finished game to ADVERTISE IT.
    hey i was playing wow and the game didnt look like this

this is false advertising, i am sueing.
    how dare they show somethign that is not in the gameplay, this is false advertising!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    Unless you have the original CD, the old version on the Battle.net launcher is gone and there's no way to play the original game digitally.
    So if u bought WC3 digitally u more or less lost access to a product u paid for?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    It's an HD upgrade and a modernized BNET and editor.

All I'm pretty much seeing essentially in all the flaming of this game is people being drama queens that they didn't do different camera angles on the cutscenes like they said they wanted to when it was announced.

I've personally had zero bugs and no issues playing it, but for those that have how can you not know thats standard crap on any game launch.

What am I missing?
    that they deleted the original game off your hard drive basically. but yeah people are totally being drama queens about blizz being a bunch of greedy corporate thieves who deserve what thieves get....

- - - Updated - - -

So if u bought WC3 digitally u more or less lost access to a product u paid for?
    both versions get erased. if you try to install the physical copy that goes bye bye too. there is a workaround from what i see but its not ideal.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    hey i was playing wow and the game didnt look like this

this is false advertising, i am sueing.
    how dare they show somethign that is not in the gameplay, this is false advertising!
    Did they show a gameplay demo of that for wow?
    No.

Did they show a demo of war3R showing updated cutscenes as a main addition?
    Yes.