Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I really hope they revert the BfA GCD changes going into Shadowlands

Been playing classic pretty casually since it's release, recently returned to retail to unlock the new Allied Races and oh my god...

Even compared to ancient Vanilla, the combat of retail feels like pure dogshit. Every battle is an absolute drag compared to even Legion.

The combat before BfA was so fluid, and was one of the core reasons I kept subbed even during the downtimes but it's not fun anymore, the combat doesn't feel fluid but instead is slow and janky.

Really hoping they revert the added GCD's in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Even compared to ancient Vanilla, the combat of retail feels like pure dogshit.
    would be good bait if it wasn't so obvious lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The combat in retail is noticeably stickier than it was in Legion. The change was definitely a bad decision.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing classic pretty casually since it's release, recently returned to retail to unlock the new Allied Races and oh my god...

Even compared to ancient Vanilla, the combat of retail feels like pure dogshit. Every battle is an absolute drag compared to even Legion.

The combat before BfA was so fluid, and was one of the core reasons I kept subbed even during the downtimes but it's not fun anymore, the combat doesn't feel fluid but instead is slow and janky.

Kudos on the lies! I'm sure a few Classic players will believe you

The GCD change was the worst thing they did in BfA, and that's saying quite a bit..
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Game felt more fluid back in 2006 with 256kb line and 110ms latency
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Been playing Classic for a while, and when I returned to BFA, I was amazed at how fast and fluent everything felt. And that's annoying, becasue I KNOW how much slower and clunkier BFA is compared to the gameplay of any expansion from Cata to Legion.

Playing Classic for a few months, then going back to MoP with full SoO gear would be quite an experience...
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Last i heard (some Kelani video) they weren't planning any big class changed aside from returning some useless spells (that is my opinion).

So, i am far from optimistic that they will revert any other of their dumb decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Game felt more fluid back in 2006 with 256kb line and 110ms latency
    It most certainly did not. Classic and TBC gameplay was still MUCH slower than BFA.

BFA gameplay is about where WotLK was in terms of class complexity and speed. Cata, MoP, WoD and Legion were obviously much faster, but BFA is still like playing cocaine dragracing compared to the gameplay of Classic and TBC.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

I'll never understand how 2-3 spells being on the GCD changes combat for you guys so much.
    I think you guys just have really low haste or something.
    Combat does not feel any different for me at all, and two of my most important spells are on the GCD now.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I honestly can't feel the difference, get some haste procs if it bothers you that much

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    I'll never understand how 2-3 spells being on the GCD changes combat for you guys so much.
    I think you guys just have really low haste or something.
    Combat does not feel any different for me at all, and two of my most important spells are on the GCD now.
    As I understand it, specific DPS specs require 2-4 cool-downs for their burst phase, in the old world they could macro them together and just hit one button and start bursting, now they need to hit each of the cool-downs individually. I think the number of specs it impacts is incredibly small, and most of the outrage is people just jumping on the bandwagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

I really do want them to remove DPS cooldowns and other things like Light of the Protector from the GCD. It's just shitty to spend a GCD looking at my character yelling at the sky when he could be smashing things instead.

But the claim that Classic has more fluid combat than BFA can safely be dismissed as far as I'm concerned. I didn't even last to level 15. Just having to wait on Heroic Strike like a chump was torture compared to the rage-fueled intensity of playing Fury on Live, especially with Bloodlust one.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    The combat in retail is noticeably stickier than it was in Legion. The change was definitely a bad decision.
    I disagree, I personally like it. It's a nerf to power and control but so was removing Recuperate or Symbiosis.

Some classes have it worse with the change than others though, to be fair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I really do want them to remove DPS cooldowns and other things like Light of the Protector from the GCD. It's just shitty to spend a GCD looking at my character yelling at the sky when he could be smashing things instead.

But the claim that Classic has more fluid combat than BFA can safely be dismissed as far as I'm concerned. I didn't even last to level 15. Just having to wait on Heroic Strike like a chump was torture compared to the rage-fueled intensity of playing Fury on Live, especially with Bloodlust one.
    Well as the change was literally meant to emulate what people liked about Classic's combat, but not quite as slow and clunky, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they revert all the classes back to how they worked in Warlords or Pandaria. Then again i probably won't be buying the next expac as they're doing that idiotic level squish instead of actually fixing things in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I disagree, I personally like it. It's a nerf to power and control but so was removing Recuperate or Symbiosis.

Some classes have it worse with the change than others though, to be fair.

- - - Updated - - -

Well as the change was literally meant to emulate what people liked about Classic's combat, but not quite as slow and clunky, yes.
    Yeah, well, Classic's combat sucks donkey balls in my opinion, so the least the game emulates it, the better off it'll be.

I fucking hate it as an arcane mage because it's like 3 full GCDs and then a cast time before I can even start doing damage at the start of a fight. It's a fucking awful change for any class that is designed to stack cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I hope they revert all the classes back to how they worked in Warlords or Pandaria. Then again i probably won't be buying the next expac as they're doing that idiotic level squish instead of actually fixing things in game.
    They are fixing classes. Or at least so they say. And the level squish is entirely necessary if this game has any chance of attracting new players at this point. Its hardly idiotic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    They are fixing classes. Or at least so they say. And the level squish is entirely necessary if this game has any chance of attracting new players at this point. Its hardly idiotic.
    How does squishing levels get new players? I don't understand. Leveling is already easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still miss ranged Survival too.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...