Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I question why they are paying so much to have such crappy SSD space?

I can understand for work, but damn, for the same price as the best macbook pro you can get a MUCH better windows laptop....
    Honestly, it is quality hardware, MacBooks are nice to use. Make sense for people to get the base model. Aswell as some people preferring MacOS over Windows which is fine too, to each their own.

To be frank, I also prefer MacOS over Windows simply because of the ecosystem, optimization, and the smoothness of it all. It just works.... (besides WoW) hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Xe4ro View Post
    I've been playing WoW, Civ, Xcom etc on Mac for like a decade now and never had THIS kind of issue. So far Blizzard kind of blames Apple and or Intel but (for me and a lot of others) this started with 8.3 and was never there before. A few people don't seem to be having this problem but thousands of people do and Blizzard is been very silent about it.

Check out the two threads from the US & EU forum if you want but they are pretty depressive in regards to how and when a blue actually responded.
    Thank you. Blizzard's silence is not a good sign as a business.
    Let's hope we get a fix tomorrow.
    Last edited by Beergod; 2020-02-04 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beergod View Post
    Honestly, it is quality hardware, MacBooks are nice to use. Make sense for people to get the base model. Aswell as some people preferring MacOS over Windows which is fine too, to each their own.

To be frank, I also prefer MacOS over Windows simply because of the ecosystem, optimization, and the smoothness of it all. It just works.... (besides WoW) hahaha

Thank you. Blizzard's silence is not a good sign as a business.
    Let's hope we get a fix tomorrow.
    Fair point, just can't fathom having as low of storage as those base models! I feel starved with 1tb of SSD and 2 tb of hdd

15+ Year Old Account
    Fair point, just can't fathom having as low of storage as those base models! I feel starved with 1tb of SSD and 2 tb of hdd
    Well atm I'm playing on a MacBook Air (with external monitor) but I have an imac 4k with 2tb+fusion drive (a hybrid of ssd &hdd). I do have a bootcamp partition on there with Win10 for more demanding games or games that are Windows exclusive but imagine getting forced to use another OP to play your game because a company doesn't really seem to bother fixing their game. I don't really want to be playing WoW in Windows as I cant access my OSX partition from inside Windows but if it turns out that they don't bother with it I will have only two options. Give in and play it on Windows or stop playing after 14+ years.
    Druid since Feb. 06

I didn't buy reforged O.o.
    So, youre just a zealot for corporate blizzard.. Good to know lol. Idk whats worse, that, or being a hypocrite.. its a toss up..

Well atm I'm playing on a MacBook Air (with external monitor) but I have an imac 4k with 2tb+fusion drive (a hybrid of ssd &hdd). I do have a bootcamp partition on there with Win10 for more demanding games or games that are Windows exclusive but imagine getting forced to use another OP to play your game because a company doesn't really seem to bother fixing their game. I don't really want to be playing WoW in Windows as I cant access my OSX partition from inside Windows but if it turns out that they don't bother with it I will have only two options. Give in and play it on Windows or stop playing after 14+ years.
    I honestly don't even know blizzards stance on Mac lately, I just know ow was no Mac at all. They could be working on it honestly, they're never really forthcoming with issues until they have a proper answer, they hate just saying "we're aware and we're working on it" for some reason

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    So, youre just a zealot for corporate blizzard lol.. idk whats worse, that, or being a hypocrite.. its a toss up..
    What are you even on about? All I've done in the reforged Bonanza is refute people who said that they never said they were changing the game. Its still a shitshow

What are you even on about? All I've done in the reforged Bonanza is refute people who said that they never said they were changing the game. Its still a shitshow
    Yeh, Im sure you dont /rollseyes..
    You know anyone can look at your post history, right? I cant find one where youre not fan-boying for blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't even know blizzards stance on Mac lately, I just know ow was no Mac at all.
    Well they were releasing games for Mac almost from the very beginning, not as S&S but in the 90s and onwards as Blizzard as you can see here ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tainment_games). So they do have a rather long history of supporting Mac :>

Overwatch is indeed the first and only of their big franchise games that didn't get a MacOs release.
    Last edited by Xe4ro; 2020-02-04 at 06:28 AM.
    Druid since Feb. 06

Yeh, Im sure you dont /rollseyes..
    You know anyone can look at your post history, right? I cant find one where youre not fan-boying for blizzard.
    What, like the ones where I was speaking about how bad 8.0 and 8.1 is? Seriously, bug off dude

- - - Updated - - -

Well they were releasing games for Mac almost from the very beginning, not as S&S but in the 90s and onwards as Blizzard as you can see here ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tainment_games). So they do have a rather long history of supporting Mac :>
    History yes, but I wonder what they're thoughts on it now are, specially since apparently Metal is a pain in the ass.

They should really drop dx for vulkan though, would make life easier for them I would think

What, like the ones where I was speaking about how bad 8.0 and 8.1 is? Seriously, bug off dude
    lmao: "People enjoy different things, I love 8.3" but 8.0 and 8.1 are bad.. right.. jesus christ...

So you dont want to get called out for being the zealot that you are, I get it. Why the fuck do you care if people play WoW on macs? Not every WoW player is a gamer.. not every "gamer" has a pc.. Thats some elitist bullshit entitlement you got going on there.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-02-04 at 06:35 AM.

lmao: "People enjoy different things, I love 8.3" but 8.0 and 8.1 are bad.. right.. jesus christ...

So you dont want to get called out for being the zealot that you are, I get it. Why the fuck do you care if people play WoW on macs? Not every WoW player is a gamer.. not every "gamer" has a pc.. Thats some elitist bullshit entitlement you got going on there.
    Yes, people have opinions, and in my opinion 8.3 is a great patch. 8.0 and 8.1 were shit and actually made me quit for the first time ever.

And seriously? Elitism? I don't care if you have a Mac dude, it was purely just a question of why pay the premium prices for less hardware. And there's valid reasons as pointed out. I haven't ragged on anyone in this thread for having one, was just wondering the reasons why.

And yes, every wow player is a "gamer", you're playing a game and are therefore a gamer

10+ Year Old Account

True, not every WoW player is a cliche "gamer." Just a game they enjoy playing. Most people who play on Macs plays the game solely, meaning they don't need a gaming PC to play the one fucking game they play. The mindset of people suggesting to build/buy a pc to play the game is stupid. If your Mac has the hardware (which is no different to PC hardware albeit less than your average gaming PC) to play the game on then why build/buy a PC to play ONE game?

Yes, people have opinions, and in my opinion 8.3 is a great patch. 8.0 and 8.1 were shit and actually made me quit for the first time ever.

And seriously? Elitism? I don't care if you have a Mac dude, it was purely just a question of why pay the premium prices for less hardware. And there's valid reasons as pointed out. I haven't ragged on anyone in this thread for having one, was just wondering the reasons why.

And yes, every wow player is a "gamer", you're playing a game and are therefore a gamer
    Less hardware, more quality/utility, if someone can use their Mac for both productivity and ONE game, why build/buy a PC?

Less hardware, more quality/utility, if someone can use their Mac for both productivity and ONE game, why build/buy a PC?
    That's what I mean, that's a valid reason.

Then you get people too who are like my sister in law who bought a 2k mac that she didn't need for anything (she just does word processing and shit) because someone told her they were "better". No, not inherently.

Don't really understand your "less hardware" part though. PCs and macs are generally made up of the same components.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I mean, that's a valid reason.

Then you get people too who are like my sister in law who bought a 2k mac that she didn't need for anything (she just does word processing and shit) because someone told her they were "better". No, not inherently.

Don't really understand your "less hardware" part though. PCs and macs are generally made up of the same components.
    I don't care if you have a Mac dude, it was purely just a question of why pay the premium prices for less hardware.
    (which is no different to PC hardware albeit less than your average gaming PC)
    You literally said less hardware. Yes, most Macs have less hardware compared to the average gaming PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    Hello! Has everyone been enlightened by the fact that 8.3 is unplayable for a majority of Mac users. Players are reporting that they cannot do ANY instanced content ie. BG's, Mythic+, Raid etc. And it now seems to be seeping into outdoor content:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ring-after-83/

Thoughts on this unmitigated disaster?
    Wow still supports Mac clients?

I thought it was removed from all games by now.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

You literally said less hardware. Yes, most Macs have less hardware compared to the average gaming PC.
    I meant like... you're paying more for less powerful hardware. The amount of pieces is generally the same.

To play wow your avg mac is still going to have a sdd/hdd, processor, and dedicated GPU.

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant like... you're paying more for less powerful hardware. The amount of pieces is generally the same.

To play wow your avg mac is still going to have a sdd/hdd, processor, and dedicated GPU.
    (which is no different to PC hardware albeit less than your average gaming PC)
    Yes, the only problem is the MacOS, which is Blizzard is lagging on, and still advertising MacOS support.
    Last edited by Beergod; 2020-02-04 at 07:34 AM.

Yes, the only problem is the MacOS, which is Blizzard is lagging on, and still advertising MacOS support.
    Blizzard apparently hates Metal which is probably the problem. Metal is the entire reason they didn't have OW support on mac.

Which is why i mentioned they should switch to vulkan development, iirc vulkan works on all three main OS's (linux included) out of box.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    My personal opinion, that I've had since the mid 90s....

A PC is for gaming. A Mac is for work.

Don't game on a Mac.
    Or.... hear me out here. Some people buy a Mac for work/university/design and then can’t afford to buy a PC for gaming. Regardless it should work.

To OP. I have both, I use my 2019 27 iMac for work and other stuff. I have a PC too but I just Cba re logging to another computer so I just play wow on my Mac. Mine is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    My personal opinion, that I've had since the mid 90s....

A PC is for gaming. A Mac is for work.

Don't game on a Mac.
    A PC is for gaming and a PC is for work.

Don't buy a Mac.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    Or.... hear me out here. Some people buy a Mac for work/university/design and then can’t afford to buy a PC for gaming. Regardless it should work.
    claiming that people who buy a mac cant afford a pc is a nice joke D: