Poll: Who would win?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    One looks like a legit Horde soldier, other looks like Alliance. Irony is that neither of them are on any faction

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Thats basically Veressa tbh.
    Haha ye true

- - - Updated - - -

Ye them kids are realy ugly

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    That's cold. I don't get the Vereesa indifference. Damn developers and writers just made her a human male elf trophy wife. Maybe she'll get some development when Sylvanas and Alleria both die.
    Don't all three sisters have a human male mate?

I wonder if they make something different though like human female and male elf? Modera and Aethas?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Yet no one discusses what exactly she has done or can do well. I wonder why.
    I played OutsiderXE's Day of the Dragon (very good custom campaign btw!) and I don't even remember what she did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post

I wonder if they make something different though like human female and male elf? Modera and Aethas?
    They do, but Vereesa is the only one who has received no character development of her own and existed solely as a wife to a male character. Sylvanas and Alleria are fully developed characters in their own right, actually more so than their male human husbands.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    Makes me sick to see that witch wielding Thori'dal.
    Next we'll probably have Auric Sunchaser proudly dual wielding Quel'delar and Felo'melorn

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    One looks like a legit Horde soldier, other looks like Alliance. Irony is that neither of them are on any faction
    Silver Covenant is sponsored by the Alliance though, and she fought for the Alliance in MoP, joining Varian and Jaina, as well as slaughtering her Blood Elf cousins for her quest for human dixxx

And she also almost shot at Rommath in Suramar

10+ Year Old Account
    So much hatred toward Vereesa just because she has blue eyes and joined the good faction.

Anyways both Vereesa and Valeera are Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

They do, but Vereesa is the only one who has received no character development of her own and existed solely as a wife to a male character. Sylvanas and Alleria are fully developed characters in their own right, actually more so than their male human husbands.
    Vereesa went to do some stuff to Zul'Aman, Theramore, Suramar, Dalaran during the purge, Orgrimmar twice and Argus without Rhonin I guess.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post

modera seems to have a thing for aethas, they maybe had a fling while he was on the council.

but he's screwing some nightborne woman now. despite his weak personality, he seems to be a bit of a ladies man.

as for this though, we've never really even seen what vareesa can do. she doesn't have a special artifact bow like sylv and alleria had, she's always just kinda existed. the intro to the isle of thunder is the most she's ever done. she's the youngest sister, but that doesn't say anything about her actual age. she does however have quite a few years on valeera.

valeera though, valeera has shown much more combat capability, so i'd say valeera takes it.

I'll take Valeera Sanguinar over the Khloe of the Windrunner Sisters. Any day. Any time.

Vereesa is an evil war criminal and human arm candy. Valeera is her own Chad character and kicks booty. Also shes bloodelf. Is obvuous that she wins this by default.

Not really. In books Turalyon is the only Alliance character, who has an actual development and a character arc. He is the main character bassically, because Khadgar is there just to explain stuff, and Alleria is some elven chick with anger issues (she even disappears from plot in the second half of Tides of Darkness). But now with all that cosmic stuff I think that they're both equally developed and complement each other greatly.

Anyway, I really don't understand why people hate Vereesa so much. Yes, she is a weak person and a hypocrite, but that's her shtick as a character. Not every Windrunner should be a badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Rozz is a shit mod and gave me an infraction for no reason, so very sadly I was banned from this wonderful forum for a bit but I did want to come back here really quick and say this: While I could easily dissect your entire post and go on a long, drawn out diatribe about why you're wrong, I'm just going to say that you're wrong about everything you wrote on the sole single fact that Rhonin simply isn't a Mary Sue or Knaak's self-insert, rendering everything you said pointless and not worth picking apart. That's all.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-02-04 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    on the sole single fact that Rhonin simply isn't a Mary Sue or Knaak's self-insert
    Dude Rhonin is one of the best known self inserts in warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    What is a self inert?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    No, he isn't. Because he's not.

But nice try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    What is a self inert?
    When an author vicariously projects themselves into their own writing, usually as the main (or one of the main) characters. People don't like Knaak because he's a mediocre writer, and therefore they feel that Rhonin (one of his original characters) is therefore a self-insert. Even though he isn't and trying to argue that he is is very, very stupid. People can never tell you why Rhonin is a self-insert, only that he must be because he's one of the characters Knaak created.

No, he isn't. Because he's not.

But nice try.

- - - Updated - - -

When an author vicariously projects themselves into their own writing, usually as the main (or one of the main) characters. People don't like Knaak because he's a mediocre writer, and therefore they feel that Rhonin (one of his original characters) is therefore a self-insert. Even though he isn't and trying to argue that he is is very, very stupid. People can never tell you why Rhonin is a self-insert, only that he must be because he's one of the characters Knaak created.
    Well, ok.

So can someone tell why Rhonin is a self insert? Or a mary sue for that matters?

Why do humans in fantasy stories, always end up with an elf? Are elves supposed to be trophy wives for the main characters or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Why do humans in fantasy stories, always end up with an elf? Are elves supposed to be trophy wives for the main characters or something?
    Because elves males are boring while human are dashing, yet fading (they usually live shorter lives) badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "Self-insert," like the claim of "Mary Sue," has a tendency to be used as a catch-all type admonishment anymore - as opposed to a technical term that means a specific thing. I don't think Rhonin is explicitly a self-insert or a Mary Sue/Gary Stu, though; when what he actually is would be summed up as just a badly made and/or written character. I can certainly see where the argument comes from, and if I recall Rhonin is actually based on a D&D character Knaak once had or something along those lines. A few two many degrees of abstraction to be a true self-insert, though still written with a sense of wish fulfillment that permeates the character's various portrayals.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Rozz is a shit mod and gave me an infraction for no reason, so very sadly I was banned from this wonderful forum for a bit but I did want to come back here really quick and say this: While I could easily dissect your entire post and go on a long, drawn out diatribe about why you're wrong, I'm just going to say that you're wrong about everything you wrote on the sole single fact that Rhonin simply isn't a Mary Sue or Knaak's self-insert, rendering everything you said pointless and not worth picking apart. That's all.

Infracted.
    Except I wasn't actually arguing that Rhonin is or isn't Knaak's self-insert. Which is self evident from my post if you actually bothered to read it. So nothing is rendered anything in my post. What is rendering pointless and "not worth picking apart" consequently, is your reply as it's built upon your fantasies. What I was arguing was that your counterarguments against the notion of him being a self-insert, particularly @Wyrt's are flat out wrong.

So let's be real, that is the reason why you deemed my reply "not worth picking apart" and you put on a farcical show to deflect from that. Because, as I already pointed out, one of your main arguments against the notion ran contrary to the very origin of the term Mary Sue. Another was you engaging in some double standard about what constitutes an objective truth. The former also included you omitting a key part of Wyrt's claim you were arguing against.

The very notion you could go on a long, drawn diatribe about how me pointing those rather obvious flaws in your claims are somehow wrong is rather ridiculous. So the next time you want to make things up in order to validate your falsehoods, don't overdo it. If you make things less obvious maybe you'll actually manage to fool someone.

That's indeed all.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2020-02-04 at 01:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I have to give this to Vereesa Windrunner, simply because Blizzard seems obsessed with the Windrunner family, and Vereesa is destined to become some type of mutant elf with powers beyond any other person like her. I think Valeera could take her in a straight-out fight right now, but it'll end with Vereesa's transformation into something else that then makes her one of the most powerful characters in the lore, rivaling the very beings that created her in the first place.