Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Personally I think the WC3 Reforged models are amazing and blow away even the new WoW models. I'd like for WoW to be remade with this style of art...
    Lol the "new" WoW models from WoD are complete trash. Dear god.. the human male model face gives me nightmares.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Personally I think the WC3 Reforged models are amazing and blow away even the new WoW models. I'd like for WoW to be remade with this style of art...
    The new models is pretty much the sole reason why im personally NOT buying the game. They just feel....off. Like as if i was playing RAID: Shadow Legends or some other mobile game. Seeing the models move around on the surface texture seems wierd, like they are howering or moving faster than they should be...

And the faces of the portraits O.o They remind me of the faces in Mass Effect: Andromeda, where their eyes and face is lifeless, with only the mouth moving O.o

I agree, that if you look at them in a vacuum, in their T-poses, the models are pretty good atleast.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, definitely didn't like how...unpolished it felt to play it.

Day of I couldn't play Horde Campaign without it auto-failing the minute the loading screen was finished.

Graphically it looked...choppy. Like Starcraft 2 but much much MUCH choppier.

It wasn't what was promised, so off to the refunds I go. At least Starcraft 1's remake was good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Say what you will, that was one of the easiest refunds I've ever had. I just clicked a few buttons and voila!

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Except you can go to WC3 website and all those things are still advertised.

- - - Updated - - -

For perspective, Bethesda gave away their HD update for f04...
    That's fine. I'm not debating that. I'm debating that pre release footage that is specifically labeled as a work in progress and my not represent the final product is not false advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Blizzard in 2020:

"This game is an integral part of the Blizzard DNA, with a team that loves Warcraft III, and we’re looking forward to pouring our hearts into Reforged and the Warcraft III community for the long term."

Blizzard in 2021:

"Warcraft III? What's that?"

Meanwhile behind the scenes: "Can you believe we got those idiots to buy Warcraft III again? What else is lying around here that we can throw a coat of paint on and sell?"
    Diablo 2. Lol I lost a lot of years on that game. 1.08 1.09, after that shit went to hell.
    I really
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymonic View Post
    Fighting against a warlock is about being under a constant barrage of smaller spells that chip away at your health. During the fight you would constantly be trying to do enough damage to the warlock to kill him before his spells build to critical mass, killing you. Warlocks prefer a very blatant display of their power. Walking around with their minions, or having their spells scorch the very earth they are battling upon

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    That's fine. I'm not debating that. I'm debating that pre release footage that is specifically labeled as a work in progress and my not represent the final product is not false advertising.
    Its on the website right now. If its "pre-release footage" (as it is), why are they still advertising it, after release?
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-02-05 at 02:32 AM.

I don't understand why everyone is losing their shit. WC3 follows the same basic model as SC:Reforged. I've been playing it and having a blast of nostalgia. It's not worth $60, but it's worth the $30 I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Blizzard's art team didn't even work on this. It was Lemon Sky in Malaysia. The models are good for some mobile game or maybe another generic game, but they don't really match the cartoony style of warcraft 3. They went way too realistic and it doesn't mesh well with the cartoony environment. The models by themselves are okay, but not what I would expect from blizzard artists. For example: Naga have human ears.
    Tbf here, the models don't blend with the rest of the game due to how half-assed everything else is in comparison.

I mean, look at KJ and Archimonde. They're brilliant. Everything else around them just sucks, cause they fucked it up mid-way through development. For example: Re-rendered Cinematics (WHICH WAS PROMISED, BTW! FUCK OFF BLIZZARD!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Yep it is !
    Why do you think the game managed to be review-bombed SO MUCH and is drawing so much ire ? They really outdid themselves when it came to retardation.
    Which sucks, cause the old Customs maps were fun to play in...

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    I don't understand why everyone is losing their shit. WC3 follows the same basic model as SC:Reforged. I've been playing it and having a blast of nostalgia. It's not worth $60, but it's worth the $30 I paid for it.
    SC was only $15 for comparison.

Its literally the worst terms in the entire industry for mods. Not even Bethesda (elder scrolls developer) claims ownership of all mods created in their games.
    That doesn't change the fact that it doesn't impact 99.99% of the player-base at all.
    On the internet everybody pretends he is this super-creative genious who is gonna create the next DOTA, while most of them are actually just average joes, with a dead-end 9 to 5 job who spend too much time on video-game forums/newsletters while complaining how unfair the world is handling them.

So are they harsh terms? Yes, they are.
    Do they matter? Not in the slightest.

Go look at the in-game cutscene advertised on their WCIII website that they didn't put in the game. Compare the quality of what is in the game with that cutscene and maybe you will get a clue.
    Always thought that one looked like crap TBH. The clunky animations inthere look worse than what we get as in-game scenes in WoW.

All in all; all i wanted was updated models... i'd preffer them to be stylized more in the direction of WoW, but hey it's an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    SC was only $15 for comparison.
    Hardly a fair comparison. SC remaster was basically just upscaling 2d models (sprites) and polishing them...
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2020-02-05 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Hardly a fair comparison.
    Is that because SC remaster worked out of the box np, for less? If youre just another BLizzard zealot, like your post history suggests, you can fuck right off and save us both some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Which doesn't change the fact that outrage actually do sway companies... which is my point. You can't be angry and mad due to delays and then complain they should delay games regardless. Doesn't work like that.

If people were more supporting towards delays I'm sure we would get more delays.
    Or on the other side it would make it a lot more clear if a company rush something out due to greed since it's not because of player demands...

Either way, both outcomes are better than what we currently have.
    Well, to paraphrase Steve Jobs again: "when marketing people take over the descision making roles in a product company ...it’s the end of the company."
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Well, to paraphrase Steve Jobs again: "when marketing people take over the descision making roles in a product company ...it’s the end of the company."
    Which is ironic since Apple is as big as it because of marketing more so than innovation at this point. Even that quote can be used for marketing.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing of this matters at all while we still have legions of blizzard fanboys with their hands over their keyboards, ready to defend blizzard as hard as they can whenever they mess up.

It doesn't matter if some sort of leak comes out showing some blizzard employee saying something like "people are idiots for buying this game, lol", they would still find a way to defend them.

Just look at most of the WoW players. Many people play WoW out of tradition, pretty much. They never stop subbing, when a new xpac comes out they instantly pre-order it, they buy all the stuff in the blizzard store. WoW is part of their lives so they refuse to admit that blizzard can do something wrong. If blizzard or WoW dies, what are they gonna play? What will they do with their lives and time?
    And Blizzard knows this. Which is why they prey on game devs that wanna work at blizzard because it's a dream for them after decades of playing blizzard games, so they pay them way less than other companies. Many employees gotta work as uber drivers or sleep in their cars because of this BS.

Nowadays, Blizzard is a disgusting company. I wish they could act just like Activision and just stay quiet while doing all the cash grab, but no they gotta do the usual apologies or speeches about how much they love their games and how they are really listening to the players.

If they have sold it as a reskin instead of luring people with false promises and breaking things on top of it then the people that would have bought it would be cheering instead of grabbing their pitchforks.

The problem is that they wanted to intice even more people with what seems to be false advertising. I guess they realised pretty fast they could milk more people that way

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    I remember when Blizzard released games when they were ready and the games worked. Now not so much.
    Most of the individuals responsible for making the older games are no longer with the company. The talent isn't really there these days. They just draw a lot of people in with the hope that things will get better, the sunk cost fallacy and appeals to nostalgia.

They also know that they'll get away with it since there's still a decent amount of people who will lap up everything that Blizzard do.

They gonna unfuck their malasian scab studio making the naga humans?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Lol, when the fuck did WoW ever work properly on release date and a few subsequent weeks?
    Don’t misunderstand, the shit with W3 is hot garbage, but let’s not pretend Blizzard doesn’t have a track record of nonbuggy, no lag messes on patch days and/or xpac release.
    I'm talking about games like Warcraft 2, Starcraft, Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3, which all came out before WoW. The quality of WoW has never been as good as the earlier games (although it is more complicated) and isn't under the same "when it's ready" because they always set release dates way ahead of time. With the previous games you knew they were in development, but not when they would be released and would get like a month notice when they went gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Most of the individuals responsible for making the older games are no longer with the company. The talent isn't really there these days. They just draw a lot of people in with the hope that things will get better, the sunk cost fallacy and appeals to nostalgia.

They also know that they'll get away with it since there's still a decent amount of people who will lap up everything that Blizzard do.
    They also have another part of the company telling them they need to release games at certain times to make more money. If you read the history of Blizzard before they merged with Activision, they had a lot of difficult money situations when development took longer than expected. Now they release whatever they have on they day they said they would and try to fix it later because that supposedly makes more money.

I really like those new games published by Blizzard via Reforged. I never expected them to make such based content as some of their mods provide.