Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Different opinions of fun. Having tanks beat dps for once is fun in itself. DPS who complain they aren't on top of meters for any reason need to lighten up. It's not like they were worse and they are clearing things faster than they were.
    Except if tanks are doing more dps than dps, then dps have no reason to even exist -- their whole raison d'etre is to do dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Feel like they shouldn't mess with these too much. Its nicer when there are some special ones rather than having em all be equal, and I think Twilight Dev and Infinite stars look the coolest so it might as well be those. Bringing a couple really awful ones up a bit would be okay, but other than that I think once people get more corrupted gear they'll be happy some things stayed strong.
    Well once again they went down the same avenue they did with Azerite traits. Made way too many, several that are bad for everybody and 2 or 3 that even rank 1s of out perform all other even at rank 3. Infinate stars blows almost everythign out of the water for dps on single target and is still way to close to the top for aoe. With the corruption price being static there are too many options you would never want to take some even if it was your only corrupted item.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Scratches View Post
    Except if tanks are doing more dps than dps, then dps have no reason to even exist -- their whole raison d'etre is to do dps.
    Well we know it's not to follow mechanics 90% of the time, that's for sure.

Problem with echoing void and Twilight devastation is the same infinite stars had at the start, dmg being a fixed value not related to the ilvl of the item with the corruption, its fucking absurd to have a 410 blue with EV rank 2 or 3 giving you 4-8k more dps than a 470-475 bis stats with socket

This just sucks.
    I remember during the Dragon Soul raid which was the last raid of the Cataclysm expansion had some op af trinkets.Caster trinket had a chance to cast shadowbolts on all nearby enemies which was op in pvp aswell and didnt get number adjustements.Then you had Gurthalac weapon which had a chance on swing to spawn a tentacle which casted mindflay that damaged you and slowed you and procced like crazy but the weapon didnt get nerfed and remained as it was even in pvp.
    Blizzard that time sayd since it was the last raid of the expansion they will let the items as is and let people have fun.
    What happened in the meantime? Still the last raid of the expansion and everything gets nerfed? A big slap on the face to those who bought items for the corruption effects.Luckily i avoided this.

imagine having best corruption and complain they will make it slightly worse (still best) while all i have are items with +mastery% or faster cooldown on classes that dont depend on cooldowns...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    imagine having best corruption and complain they will make it slightly worse (still best) while all i have are items with +mastery% or faster cooldown on classes that dont depend on cooldowns...
    I would be glad to have anything that isn't "Increase X stay by Y stat". Though finally one of my alts got a mind flay tier 3 belt out of m+ chest, but from what I've seen its been lackluster especially compared to others.

I would be glad to have anything that isn't "Increase X stay by Y stat". Though finally one of my alts got a mind flay tier 3 belt out of m+ chest, but from what I've seen its been lackluster especially compared to others.
    i have useless shite in my main but got infinite stars on my alt i barely play while doing wq for emisary gold so fml i guess
    the complete randomness is my only issue with corrupted gear

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i have useless shite in my main but got infinite stars on my alt i barely play while doing wq for emisary gold so fml i guess
    the complete randomness is my only issue with corrupted gear
    That sucks =/ I wish I'd get something decent is all. Just did a vision and Mind Flay throughout the entire vision (3 wings because I hate stormwind) did 969k damage overall. My total damage was 34.43M about 0.2% of my damage and that's at +66 corruption just for that.

The corruption vs damage needs a look at too. Something doing 0.2% of my damage shouldn't be that high on the corruption chart and with the cloak/essence put me at 29 corruption so dealing with the eye isn't worth it for small boost.

If only we had a PTR for this shit...

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    It was too good for everyone, having a completely passive effect you have no control over doing like 20% of your damage per dungeon (more so for tanks) is simply too strong. It should never have made it live but there would always be something way better than the others - EV is still gonna be good, relax
    It was already nerfed pretty hard and is around 11% damage (regardless of situation) for dps, so about half of what it was originally. I have r3 of the haste proc on a ring and it's simming to give me about 5% damage. For half the corruption. So if they nerf it by another 50%, they better reduce the corruption it gives. Meanwhile Twilight Devastation is doing metric crapton of damage in AOE situation (about double of EV), and the start thingy is about as good as EV is, probably depending on ilvl of the item.

For those complaining about infinite stars: the proc rate has been massively reduced, at least in M+ and arenas, it doesn't even come close to EV or TD.

That sucks =/ I wish I'd get something decent is all. Just did a vision and Mind Flay throughout the entire vision (3 wings because I hate stormwind) did 969k damage overall. My total damage was 34.43M about 0.2% of my damage and that's at +66 corruption just for that.

The corruption vs damage needs a look at too. Something doing 0.2% of my damage shouldn't be that high on the corruption chart and with the cloak/essence put me at 29 corruption so dealing with the eye isn't worth it for small boost.
    Mind flay procs are annoying tbh. I had once on the void elemental 3 tentacles at the same time, was top dmg ofc; sometimes it wouldnt proc at all. Definitely not consistent.
    Last edited by Vynx; 2020-02-05 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    For those complaining about infinite stars: the proc rate has been massively reduced, at least in M+ and arenas, it doesn't even come close to EV or TD.
    And when did that happen?
    I have logs from yesterday's raid that have EV doing 12.5% on single target boss and IS doing 9.5% (unknown ilvl)

Glad echoing void is getting nerfed so I can actually use some caster corruption effects. Sick of standing in melee.

They should probably look into making all corruption effects more ranged friendly in general. There’s no reason why the effects can’t be on target.

Might it be time for Blizzard to not strive for "perfect balanse". Of course a perfect balanse will never be obtainable but what is it such a huge problem to have items outperforming others? If they want to strive for balanse they need to do a better job during BETA and PTR. You shouldn't have huge increases and decreases in power on gear after it's released.

And let's be real here. Everyone that really cares about the numbers will use sites to pinpoint whatever items, ability, rotation etc that will be the most optimal one. Changing these numbers will serve only one purpose and that is to annoy everyone that have already gone out of their way to min-max already. People will still utilise the same sources to figure out what is the min-max after the changes, rinse and repeat.

Perhaps it's time to just stick with it after you have released something instead of tuning the numbers all the time making people annoyed? Who really cares if it turns out item A, B and C are the preferable ones due to how things are tuned? They people will just try to get those and be happy. After you tune things it will just change it from being item A, B and C and instead make it so that item D, E and C are now the preferable ones and people will start hunting those instead. The only thing you really achieve is annoying all those who already obtained A, B and C that now has to hunt for D and E instead.

The only exception would be if something is downright game breaking or something. Having re-tuning going on all the time isn't fun. And it almost seems like every major patch comes out in-balanced forcing some serious re-tunes shortly after. Just do a better job during PTR or simply live with what you released and let people have fun with it. Don't make it so that your players get tricked into hunting something only for it to get nerfed days after..

Cool, corruption changes. How about removing the completely worthless ones, like getting the one that increases versatility when hit on a ranged DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
    Might it be time for Blizzard to not strive for "perfect balanse". Of course a perfect balanse will never be obtainable but what is it such a huge problem to have items outperforming others? If they want to strive for balanse they need to do a better job during BETA and PTR. You shouldn't have huge increases and decreases in power on gear after it's released.

And let's be real here. Everyone that really cares about the numbers will use sites to pinpoint whatever items, ability, rotation etc that will be the most optimal one. Changing these numbers will serve only one purpose and that is to annoy everyone that have already gone out of their way to min-max already. People will still utilise the same sources to figure out what is the min-max after the changes, rinse and repeat.

Perhaps it's time to just stick with it after you have released something instead of tuning the numbers all the time making people annoyed? Who really cares if it turns out item A, B and C are the preferable ones due to how things are tuned? They people will just try to get those and be happy. After you tune things it will just change it from being item A, B and C and instead make it so that item D, E and C are now the preferable ones and people will start hunting those instead. The only thing you really achieve is annoying all those who already obtained A, B and C that now has to hunt for D and E instead.

The only exception would be if something is downright game breaking or something. Having re-tuning going on all the time isn't fun. And it almost seems like every major patch comes out in-balanced forcing some serious re-tunes shortly after. Just do a better job during PTR or simply live with what you released and let people have fun with it. Don't make it so that your players get tricked into hunting something only for it to get nerfed days after..
    I hope every Blizzard developer read this comment. I agree 100% with this.
    I am one of those that check sims and hunt for the best items.
    When I finally get the one item I'm after it feels really good. That's what makes it fun to play. Standing out from the crowd cause you worked towards a goal.

Waking up the next morning noticing they nerfed the item to oblivion is so f@#¤%" annoying that it makes me want to stop playing. It's not fun at all when the game changes so much from day to day. Use PTR for what it's supposed to be. If you fuck up, fine, live with it and learn for next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthronian View Post
    I hope every Blizzard developer read this comment. I agree 100% with this.
    I am one of those that check sims and hunt for the best items.
    When I finally get the one item I'm after it feels really good. That's what makes it fun to play. Standing out from the crowd cause you worked towards a goal.

Waking up the next morning noticing they nerfed the item to oblivion is so f@#¤%" annoying that it makes me want to stop playing. It's not fun at all when the game changes so much from day to day. Use PTR for what it's supposed to be. If you fuck up, fine, live with it and learn for next time.
    This is the exact reason i quit borderlands 3 shortly after it launched. There would be a few highly sought after guns that made you feel powerful. Within a few days, they would be nerfed into oblivion. This happened multiple times in a short timespan. What the hell is the point of a gear based game, if the best gear keeps getting changed to garbage?

If anyone bought a BOE off the AH with echoing void on it, they should be entitled to a full gold refund if the value of echoing void changes.

Same with every other corruption.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    the fuck is this. Infinite star is still way ahead of echoing void and they nerf echoing void and doesn't touch infinite stars ?
    Incorrect.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

now can we get refunds on gold paid for BoEs and cleansed corrupted gear that becomes viable?

or better yet let us test new gear systems on ptr properly, and pay fucking attention to feedback.

the first 2 weeks of live shouldnt feel like ptr testing!

its a disgrace blizzard, do better!