Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Tell me dude, is mutiny legal ? (No, and for the record, it's illegal even if you are right and the commencer is an incompetent. People who pretend to be right wing have a very peculiar vision of the military, I mean beyond ''huge boom-boom sticks''. And yeah, I'm fracking sure that if your captain give you an order, ''he is not explaining it to me'' is not a justification.
    Since when was the question ever about the "legality" of Mutiny......... it was never about if Poe was "legally" right for instigating his attempted Mutiny, but weather it was "justified". And yes, he had loads of reasons to justify his mutiny.

Also, I really don't think you want to go down that particular road, as your argument of "disobeying orders is illegal" is literally a hairs breadth away from the kind of "but I was just following orders" defense most of the people involved in the Nuremberg Trials attempted to use to justify their crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Since when was the question ever about the "legality" of Mutiny......... it was never about if Poe was "legally" right for instigating his attempted Mutiny, but weather it was "justified". And yes, he had loads of reasons to justify his mutiny.

Also, I really don't think you want to go down that particular road, as your argument of "disobeying orders is illegal" is literally a hairs breadth away from the kind of "but I was just following orders" defense most of the people involved in the Nuremberg Trials attempted to use to justify their crimes.
    It's okay to refuse to obey to orders, it's illegal to organize a mutiny. Again, and this is out of topic, I'm a bit flabergasted that people who accuse Star Wars of being SJW are aghast that someone who commit a mutiny on a warship during a battle is...uh…..stopped and that's it. (Holdo and Leia are lenient beyond belief, even by SW standards, yet they are accused by edgelords of being left wing for….what exactly ? )

Saw it, didn't like it.

I am however not the target audience, I followed my brother who's a big DC comics fan (he's bought comics for years) but he didn't seem to like it neither.

I'll be reviewing it "for real" once I've rewatched it at home though, since we had a pretty bad cinematic experience with lots of people shuffling and lots of noise and shit...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Weird you couldn't figure out it wasn't for you based on the title/trailer... Maybe you should lay off movies for a while if girls being powerful characters is so offensive to your sensitive disposition snowflake.
    It's really quite sad.

- Women being horrible characters in male-led movies? Sounds plausible, no issues here! I never in my life saw any guy object to this.

- Men being horrible characters in female-led movies?? Oh no!! If this was reversed, everyone would scream!! This is oppressive!!!... Meanwhile they'd screech about lack of representation if the villains were men of color or women...

Switch out female for black, hispanic, Asian or whatever suits the resident bigotry of the forum where people are screeching.
    It's starting to become evident where the people from certain subreddits congregated around here though...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-02-08 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Saw it, didn't like it.

I am however not the target audience, I followed my brother who's a big DC comics fan (he's bought comics for years) but he didn't seem to like it neither.

I'll be reviewing it "for real" once I've rewatched it at home though, since we had a pretty bad cinematic experience with lots of people shuffling and lots of noise and shit...

It's really quite sad.

- Women being horrible characters in male-led movies? Sounds plausible, no issues here! I never in my life saw any guy object to this.

- Men being horrible characters in female-led movies?? Oh no!! If this was reversed, everyone would scream!! This is oppressive!!!... Meanwhile they'd screech about lack of representation if the villains were men of color or women...

Switch out female for black, hispanic, Asian or whatever suits the resident bigotry of the forum where people are screeching.
    It's starting to become evident where the people from certain subreddits congregated around here though...
    I invite you to read the post of someone who flat out said that Harley Quinn outfit is a Jew plot against the whites. (Nazi and not following the times : 4-chan rats are rather squeaking that the Jews are robbing them of their manhood by giving longer shorts to Lara Croft). But back on your post, it's amazing that the usual suspects are crying that psychotic supervillains are depicted as not wholesome citizens.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2020-02-08 at 02:17 AM.

It's okay to refuse to obey to orders, it's illegal to organize a mutiny. Again, and this is out of topic, I'm a bit flabergasted that people who accuse Star Wars of being SJW are aghast that someone who commit a mutiny on a warship during a battle is...uh…..stopped and that's it.
    Again, nobody is "aghast" that he committed a mutiny or that he was stopped. That was never their concern in that particular scene. They are "aghast" that all the people defending that scene are doing so on the grounds that Holdo was the perfect commander, that Poe never should have had a reason to mutiny, and that he and the other mutineers should have just blindly trusted someone who had shown absolutely no reason to be granted said blind trust with their lives and the literal future of the rebellion when for all intents and purposes she appears to have no goddamned plan at all except "run to our inevitable doom". They are "aghast" that the defense of a badly written movie revolves almost entirely around attempting to argue that it's plot and writing weren't shit, when they straight up were. In this case, Holdo's gender is irrelevant, as her being a man or a woman wouldn't have changed the outcome of the scene, however her being a woman with SJW purple hair (which is so utterly out of place it is mind boggling) doesn't exactly help counter the "left wing" shenanigans argument much.

Again, nobody is "aghast" that he committed a mutiny or that he was stopped. That was never their concern in that particular scene. They are "aghast" that all the people defending that scene are doing so on the grounds that Holdo was the perfect commander, that Poe never should have had a reason to mutiny, and that he and the other mutineers should have just blindly trusted someone who had shown absolutely no reason to be granted said blind trust with their lives and the literal future of the rebellion when for all intents and purposes she appears to have no goddamned plan at all except "run to our inevitable doom". They are "aghast" that the defense of a badly written movie revolves almost entirely around attempting to argue that it's plot and writing weren't shit, when they straight up were. In this case, Holdo's gender is irrelevant, as her being a man or a woman wouldn't have changed the outcome of the scene, however her being a woman with SJW purple hair (which is so utterly out of place it is mind boggling) doesn't exactly help counter the "left wing" shenanigans argument much.
    Actually dude, do you really think that the US Marines, you can arrest your captain because you think he is incompetent ? Most people in human history fought under incompetent generals or officers, and yet it was pretty much always illegal to conspire against them.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2020-02-08 at 02:44 AM.

Actually dude, do you really think that the US Marines, you can arrest your captain because you think he is incompetent ?
    So we are now back to "mutiny is illegal" as a defense are we? Good to see you completely missed the point AND have no actual argument to make here and have decided to simply go around and around in circles. It is 100% irrelevant that what he did is illegal as far as military command structures go. He (and enough of the rest of the crew) had enough justification in their own mind to attempt it, which is the point: You are a shitty commander if your own crew has so little faith in you that they consider mutiny an option.

So we are now back to "mutiny is illegal" as a defense are we? Good to see you completely missed the point AND have no actual argument to make here and have decided to simply go around and around in circles. It is 100% irrelevant that what he did is illegal as far as military command structures go. He (and enough of the rest of the crew) had enough justification in their own mind to attempt it, which is the point: You are a shitty commander if your own crew has so little faith in you that they consider mutiny an option.
    Yet, mutiny in such cases is acceptable by left wing standards (ergo, the mutineers of the Potemkin lionized by the Soviet Union). Its quite against right wing standards.

Which leads, hopefully, leads back to the subject : the usual suspects are so brainwashed with ''my ideas are right and correct'' that they assume that everything they don't like is ''leftist''. Ergo, the perpetual complaints against ''censorship'', with people actually convinced that feminists single-handledly created the marked American hostility to naked bodies. (No, dudes, giving Black Canary pants instead of fishnet leggings is not censorship)
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2020-02-08 at 03:04 AM.

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Ok this movie was pretty dumb and boring. Waste of a friday night :/
    5'11 tranny, proud of it, but NOT an sjw.
    Margot Robbie = GOALS

Yet, mutiny in such cases is acceptable by left wing standards (ergo, the mutineers of the Potemkin lionized by the Soviet Union). Its quite against right wing standards.
    Umm, no shit? Or do I need to point out again that your "Right Wing" standards are the kind of things that lead to "But I was just following orders" as a line of defense for doing the indefensible?

Ergo, the perpetual complaints against ''censorship'', with people actually convinced that feminists single-handledly created the marked American hostility to naked bodies.
    Yeah, no. Nobody worth taking seriously honestly believes that "feminists" created America's hostility towards tits and ass, considering that that puritanical bent in their societal makeup has existed for nearly as long as the country itself...... I mean, you have to practically be blind not to recognize that American society has put a harsher gaze on overt displays of sexuality than it has on gratuitous violence since almost day one.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Umm, no shit? Or do I need to point out again that your "Right Wing" standards are the kind of things that lead to "But I was just following orders" as a line of defense for doing the indefensible?

Yeah, no. Nobody worth taking seriously honestly believes that "feminists" created America's hostility towards tits and ass, considering that that puritanical bent in their societal makeup has existed for nearly as long as the country itself...... I mean, you have to practically be blind not to recognize that American society has put a harsher gaze on overt displays of sexuality than it has on gratuitous violence since almost day one.
    It's funny how the morality police over the decades have shifted sides. For a long time it was the Christian right, then it became the Democrats and leftists. Don't believe me? The PMRC is a prime example of a group of moralists shoving their worldview on pop culture, and they were all the wives of Democrat politicians. See, it doesn't even matter which side these people play on either, because they all believe in the same crap. They all exist to shove their idea of morals onto the general population, which is not only ignorant, but a violation of an artists freedom of expression.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's funny how the morality police over the decades have shifted sides. For a long time it was the Christian right, then it became the Democrats and leftists. Don't believe me? The PMRC is a prime example of a group of moralists shoving their worldview on pop culture, and they were all the wives of Democrat politicians. See, it doesn't even matter which side these people play on either, because they all believe in the same crap. They all exist to shove their idea of morals onto the general population, which is not only ignorant, but a violation of an artists freedom of expression.
    You know this is a thread for a superhero movie right?
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Don't believe me? The PMRC is a prime example of a group of moralists shoving their worldview on pop culture, and they were all the wives of Democrat politicians.
    What's the motive behind lying about something like this, I wonder?

Both John Nevius and James Baker identified as Republicans around the time that now-defunct organization was formed (oh, did I mention you're talking about something that shut down 25 years ago?). There was no wiki article about Howar, so assuming her husband was in fact a Democrat, the most you can say was that it was completely bi-partisan (being 2 Democrats and 2 Republicans). Rendering your non sequitur political ramblings even more meaningless, if that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I didn't realise people still put so much stock in shit like RT. Go see it, form your own opinion. If it is shit, so be it. At least you got out of the house for a few hours.
    People use reviews the way they always have...to help them decide if the movie they are debating on seeing is actually going to be worth the money. If a movie gets a overall negative review score...they will at least know to set their expectations low if they still decide to see the film. If the movie gets a decent score...they can go in with a bit more confidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    What's the motive behind lying about something like this, I wonder?
    Hanlon's Razor could very well apply here:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    People use reviews the way they always have...to help them decide if the movie they are debating on seeing is actually going to be worth the money. If a movie gets a overall negative review score...they will at least know to set their expectations low if they still decide to see the film. If the movie gets a decent score...they can go in with a bit more confidence.
    Not trusting critics is one thing….not trusting critics and believing like the Gospel YouTube videos is another.

Not trusting critics is one thing….not trusting critics and believing like the Gospel YouTube videos is another.
    I wasn't advocating for either. Just merely stating that one can read a review on RT or watch one on YT to help determine whether or not they want to spend the money on a movie and still be able to form their own opinion about the movie itself.

Personally I think reviews can spoil an experience before you even watch/experience the art.

Something will either interest you or not.

Personally I look at directors for films as they are the most important aspect. Some directors ill watch every film they make.

Superhero films need to bring something new now to draw my interest. Im with Martin and that they are like theme parks. And like theme parks they make a lot of money so we are getting more and more.

The only thing new about this film is including a highly trained Hyena which is quite interesting. Using a highly intelligent/dangerous animal for filming is always risky ^^ so i give em props for that and am curious to see those scenes at least
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Bullshit, I can recall at least 4 instances that were basically straight off the page of a comic. Stop lying.
    I'm not even going to bother responding to you anymore. You and your comments are biased. Anyone who dislikes the movie is apparently just an incel. You're as bad as Elizabeth Banks saying anyone that didn't like the Charlie's Angels remake wasn't a feminist if they hated the movie.

Well, that was disappointing. Definitely didn't reflect the critic's scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Well, that was disappointing. Definitely didn't reflect the critic's scores.
    What critics score ? The movie have a 50-60 rating. Which, for a normal adult, means bad movie.