Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    And with that, i like this author already. They clearly have a sense of humour, which puts them well above most of the posters in this thread spewing their passive aggressive sarcasm or defeatist memes.
    You can like her but she will write whatever blizzard tell her too. If they tell her to write about love with zekhan and talanji, and how they gaze upon each other totems she WILL write about it.

Blame the blizzard, not the author. She is nothing more than girl doing job.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    You can like her but she will write whatever blizzard tell her too. If they tell her to write about love with zekhan and talanji, and how they gaze upon each other totems she WILL write about it.

Blame the blizzard, not the author. She is nothing more than girl doing job.
    This gets trotted out by others as well, and it's nonsense. Blizzard doesn't enforce the kind of prose being written, nor do they even look into much of the content. They just give a list of the most basic plot points and leave the rest to the author. Stackpole and King have both confirmed this when it comes to the Vol'jin and Illidan book respectively, and Golden herself has said that the reason the Calia role was done by Calia and not by a new character is because she decided to do it that way.

BFA, with its millions upon millions heaped into Sadfang cinematics that could be spent on actual content barreling towards an ending (faction unification under muh honor) that was never going to take place due to gameplay reasons shows that if anything Blizzard don't keep their writing monkeys on a tight enough leash nor even put a transaction limit on their company credit cards.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I think it’s less about the “Horde Crisis” and more about integrating Zandalari into the Horde. By the looks of it it’s gonna be following Talanji and Zekhan trying to save Bwonsamdi. The only true Horde part in that premise is Zekhan.
    Also, there was way too much Alliance in the previous book. I’ll be glad to see it rebalanced in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    Dear Lord, how did they find her?

I am a woman I am worried about what I've read so far... she screams feminazi...

Also - really? More Sylvanas? Like we didn't have enough of her and Nathanos?

Would have been to hard to write a book about Bolvar as the Lich King or something? What about the sword in Silithus?
    She dont have ANYTHING to say about plot, about character actions and motivation. She is contracted writer to put blizzard nonsense into book to sell as a promotion of new expansion. If Blizz tell her to write about anduin licking dragon cock she will do that.

Blame Blizzard not the craftsman.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Madeleine Roux

“Roux delivers a feminist SciFi with plot twists, gut-punches, and a female lead with the strength of resilience.” About her 'Salvaged' book.

Yeah, we are fucked.
    So we are fucked because she wrote one feminist scifi book?

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    Dear Lord, how did they find her?

I am a woman I am worried about what I've read so far... she screams feminazi...

Also - really? More Sylvanas? Like we didn't have enough of her and Nathanos?

Would have been to hard to write a book about Bolvar as the Lich King or something? What about the sword in Silithus?
    How? With a geiger counter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    So we are fucked because she wrote one feminist scifi book?
    Just look at her.

I think it's good the Horde isn't that whole yet, considering Blizzard split its playerbase with the loyalty option. Regardless how things ended with Sylvanas I still think the Honor-side was naive af throughout the war and things only worked out because the writers wanted the "good" guys to win (and the Horde needs to continue its existence, of course). They should balance the faction perspectives this time around, though. Before The Storm was 25% Sylvanas, 15% some random goblin and gnome, and 60% Anduin.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It always amazes me how much good female characters were written by the authors who never tried to sell their books as "pro-feminist" or "having strong female characters (c)", and how ZERO good female characters were written by those self-proclaimed feminist authors.

One extreme or another never was good for writing. Its usually too annoying and pretentious.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-02-08 at 11:31 AM.

Just look at her.
    So you judge a book by its cover? This is kinda sexist.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Just look at her.
    "Waaah :'( she doesn't look like my preconceived notion of how a woman should look waaah"
    - Dare not to sleep -

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm so glad a plot to assassinate the loa of death is left exclusively to a novel and we will have no way to experience any of this just buy buying a game and paying the subscribtion.

At least this finally ends the debate of the 2020 release of Shadowlands. There is no way they would release the lead-in novel in mid July, if the game release came only in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Delaryn already found the Light of great Calia and accepted that human potential is better than her savage beliefs, as did most other undead night elves, so I'm home free shirt-wise. Sira has yet to see this which is why she's probably due to die in this one. I'm sure no one will miss her. We can only pray she takes Delaryn or Memeboi with her so we can shuffle this whole thing into a corner and carry on.

@Imurbandaid

Needing to pay 20 bucks for shit that sometimes isn't even available in the country to understand how the plot took place, like WoD did, is a shit move. It means only people dedicated enough to fork over the cash can properly discuss those story beats, while everyone else has to read cliffnotes. They could also just DL pdfs but who would do such a thing. Certainly I'd never recommend it.
    Well we dont know if she sticks with Calia and what tole Calia will take so thats not confirmed yet. So far she seems to love the Horde and working with people who killed her people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    1. Lick Alliance boots
    2. Kill Blood Elves
    3. Lick more Human boots
    4. Say sorry to Night Elves
    5. Kill more Blood Elves
    6. Team up with the Highborne and Draenei to restore Eldre'thalas
    7. Lick even more Alliance boots
    8. Purge of Dalaran 2.0 - Jaina is now a Horde lapdog, get rid of her as well as Modera and the Sunreaver sympathizers
    9. Lick even more of them Alliance boots
    10. Did I mention lick Alliance boots?

- - - Updated - - -

And once again they forgot Vereesa fucking Windrunner existed. My sides.
    Somebody is really butthurt over high elfs not being horde cronies like many other races sucked into that shizophreniac genocidal vortex. Not joining the Horde =/= leaking Alliance boots.

sounds like not enough Sylvanas herself in the book

meh

I guess this confirms Bwonsamdi's boss is Arbiter rather than the Jailer. Also revealed Sira has sided with Sylvanas rather than the Forsaken (for whatever reason). I also like that Talanji isn't happy with the new regime, having lost so much to the Alliance.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Well we dont know if she sticks with Calia and what tole Calia will take so thats not confirmed yet. So far she seems to love the Horde and working with people who killed her people.
    Oh, I'm not doubting that Calia will be the Forsaken leader in the Horde and that Delaryn will stick with her since Calia showed her the way. Rather that my shirt purchase wwasonly if she didn't turn on Sylvanas, and Delaryn already did.

Mind, I do think there's a less than zero chance of Delaryn joining back up with the Alliance to serve as a fig leaf explanation of night elves being able to get dark ranger skins. Nevermind that Delaryn and the others killed their own people willingly out of salt and were not convinced to return by their faith in Elune, disillusionment with Sylvanas or having zilch in common with anyone in the Horde but by their contact with a holy undead who's royalty from a different continent.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

3+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I'm not doubting that Calia will be the Forsaken leader in the Horde and that Delaryn will stick with her since Calia showed her the way. Rather that my shirt purchase wwasonly if she didn't turn on Sylvanas, and Delaryn already did.
    So... another reason for Ion to not give High Elves... why not Lightforged Undead Night/High Elves amirite?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Somebody is really butthurt over high elfs not being horde cronies like many other races sucked into that shizophreniac genocidal vortex. Not joining the Horde =/= leaking Alliance boots.
    Had to sing a different tune today

Mind, I do think there's a less than zero chance of Delaryn joining back up with the Alliance to serve as a fig leaf explanation of night elves being able to get dark ranger skins. Nevermind that Delaryn and the others killed their own people willingly out of salt and were not convinced to return by their faith in Elune, disillusionment with Sylvanas or having zilch in common with anyone in the Horde but by their contact with a holy undead who's royalty from a different continent.
    Calia will not be a Forsaken leader, we already got confirmation on that. She will be a neutral “coping with undeath” couch i bet but all the “reformed” elfs will still go to the Horde and then be used as “racist Alliance dosent want us back” excuse to make Alliance look bad despite them actually begging those morons to come back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I guess this confirms Bwonsamdi's boss is Arbiter rather than the Jailer. Also revealed Sira has sided with Sylvanas rather than the Forsaken (for whatever reason). I also like that Talanji isn't happy with the new regime, having lost so much to the Alliance.
    Well Talanji can suck it and can it because otherwise the “crazy revunge door” it is and behind that door is death and/or freezer. Tyrande already heads down that path right now. And Horde in general won a LOT in this war, so Zandalari arent exactly “devastated”, unlike nelfs.

7+ Year Old Account
    The story seems pretty boring.

Formerly known as Arafal

And a few weeks after the book's release they will retcon half of its plot in an interview or a tweet because they wrote themselves into a corner again and it doesn't fit into their narrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    So you judge a book by its cover? This is kinda sexist.
    Of course I do. Everything we do with ourselves speak about us. And all I see is classic tumblretta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixxit the Gnome View Post
    "Waaah :'( she doesn't look like my preconceived notion of how a woman should look waaah"
    Yes.