Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stormwind is just dramatically worse than Org in every way. The hot feet debuff is one of the dumbest things they have ever designed.

Overall I think they are okay, but they need a lot of iteration.

The visions aren’t enjoyable, nor is the currency slog for them. Thankfully after a certain point they’re entirely optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You should be able to edit your first post and add one later, irrc. Just think about a sensible poll without biased answers, because you can't change them once you've created one.
    I don't see the option to do that. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Ion said in an interview that one of the things Retail should learn from Classic is "the pacing". So why do they still think this ADHD gogogo solo content they call Horrific Visions is OK in 8.3? Did they learn anything from Classic? I agree with you 100%.
    Having timed content isn't a bad thing though, gets the adrenaline pumping on if you can make it or not, every decision has to be weighed "do I have enough time to open this mailbox to try for mount?" "can I finish this zone?" "when should i turn back to complete?"

Without a timer these would be low stress and boring

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Ion said in an interview that one of the things Retail should learn from Classic is "the pacing". So why do they still think this ADHD gogogo solo content they call Horrific Visions is OK in 8.3? Did they learn anything from Classic? I agree with you 100%.
    I do think timed content has a place in the game, it's just not my personal preference. Having to do visions multiple times per week for many, many weeks on end is just tiring.

After 2-3 time its boring to do them, its just a static scenario

Do i have to talk about the fire under foot from stormwind, which devs thought that making your character jump randomly each 5 sec would be f%^#$%$ fun ?...............
    Last edited by kaintk; 2020-02-08 at 08:11 PM.

DK DPS, I mostly enjoy them. They are a nice challenge and fun when things go right. There are situations that are very stressful and annoying though.
    Could someone please teach Alleria how to move out of fire?

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    After 2-3 time its boring to do them, its just a static scenario
    Really, you already cleared with all 5 masks? I doubt that. Plus madnesses change every week always changing the challenge slightly.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2020-02-08 at 08:15 PM.

Doing it solo the problem with them is that you get 3 (easy to earn) chances per week, 4 if you grind dailies and so on. This week you need 2 runs to get the cloak upgrade which means it's risky to experiment with new strats, talents etc and be more aggressive because if you die you're done. Next week you need 3 runs for the upgrade which is all of your tokens used up on runs where you don't want to take any chances. The content would be a lot better if you had limited chances to get loot/mementos etc but an unlimited amount of practice runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Or at least make her take dmg from the fire

I find them just fine. My Hunter main is doing well, but surprisingly I find my alt Rogue with lower ilvl and rank 1 essences (not even a 4th slot yet) actually kills things much easier and faster. Guessing let’s don’t benefit from the damage done/taken buffs you get otherwise I feel like I’d be solo clearing all areas by now.
    My guild has a Holy Pally and he has no issues clearing 3-4 wings pre Visions nerf and now damn near full clears solo.

Really, you already cleared with all 5 masks? I doubt that.
    That's the same argument people always make during content droughts. "Really, you cleared all the raids on mythic?"

First off no, and secondly that argument is BS.

DK DPS, I mostly enjoy them. They are a nice challenge and fun when things go right. There are situations that are very stressful and annoying though.

Really, you already cleared with all 5 masks? I doubt that.
    I dont raid anymore , maybe in shadowland if its suck less ...

So i dont care about the mask lol

Right now i have to do 4 bonus zone, its what i find boring to do the same shit week after week.....

Quote Originally Posted by nlc View Post
    Doing it solo the problem with them is that you get 3 (easy to earn) chances per week, 4 if you grind dailies and so on. This week you need 2 runs to get the cloak upgrade which means it's risky to experiment with new strats, talents etc and be more aggressive because if you die you're done. Next week you need 3 runs for the upgrade which is all of your tokens used up on runs where you don't want to take any chances. The content would be a lot better if you had limited chances to get loot/mementos etc but an unlimited amount of practice runs.
    With the elite extermination talent you should be making your way into a full clear. This week could have been a single run. Should at least aim for 2 runs next week.

But yeah, limiting runs with a sort of "limited lives" system like retro Mario is a horrible design that games learned to stop resorting to years ago. Or at least, they should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    That's the same argument people always make during content droughts. "Really, you cleared all the raids on mythic?"

First off no, and secondly that argument is BS.
    His argument is equivalent to "I've cleared LFR so I'm done with the content" which is just as much bs.

I enjoy them but they are not well thought through
    some classes have a massive advantage over others and that's complete bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    This week could have been a single run. Should at least aim for 2 runs next week.
    Doesn't work like that unfortunately. You only get 2 quest items per vision, even if you do a full clear.

His argument is equivalent to "I've cleared LFR so I'm done with the content" which is just as much bs.
    If what you're interested in is LFR, just seeing the story, then you're done. What about you, did you complete all the pet battles? Well then you aren't done. Same argument. It's not valid.

I'm tolerating them, but I consider them a net negative to my game experience. They certainly aren't something that will help keep me subbed.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Super fun, do them on balance, ret, prot warrior and blood DK.

My first three characters aren't super geared (around 445), and are all capable now of doing full clears and a couple of them can do 1 mask full clears. My blood DK can do a full clear with 4 masks right now. Might be a couple weeks before I attempt to do a 5 mask clear.

Some of the affixes in the zones are super dumb and you can get into situations where things do absurd damage to you if the affixes go off with a mobs ability at the right time. My only caster (balance druid) doesn't particularly have issues with anything in visions, and you generally can't just run around spamming dots with the class (so I do have to turret at times in order to use abilities that actually do damage). When you do them enough you have a pretty good handle as to what mobs need interrupts and which mobs can be pulled in mass, and which can't. Generally, don't pull multiple informants, and there are a couple mobs that AoE fear. If you're playing a class with few interrupts, use LoS or time CDs appropriately.

Disagree about timed runs equals bad. Without there being a timer there's literally zero stress, and given that the rewards in visions are quite good (adding sockets to any piece of gear, and 465/470 loot), it would be silly if it's something that you could slowly take your time at. Pondering whether or not you can do one more zone to risk everything actually makes me think about my actions, and that would be ruined if there was no timer to it. I do however agree that it would be better if you could just practice them with absolutely no rewards though.

Hopefully the tower in Shadowlands is something like this, but obviously much better. I think the only real issue with them at the moment is how often you can do them, and how they're balanced for healers.

I do enjoy them and wish that keys were not so expensive so I could do more. Or maybe some "training" mode - no entry cost but no loot either where you can prepare for your runs.