Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Warlords: Rushed out before it was ready, game was literally unplayable for days (weeks in high pop realms) unless you could play in the middle of the night. Raiding turned out okay (5/10), class balance was a fucking mess.
    Legion: Again rushed out before it was done, class balance... well everyone could do everything but some specs were definitely miles ahead of others. Raiding was okay (6/10) from what I played but I quit after Helya.
    BfA: Felt rushed out (again), I can't comment on raiding past the first tier as I only played for the first 1.5 months before I got bored and annoyed with the forced grinding...

Do I have any faith in Blizzard making Shadowlands good or allowing it the time it needs to be good at launch?
    No, not even a smidge of hope. Shadowlands will be the first expansion I don't pre-order, I'll watch beta streams and follow that phase but unless I see clear changes from what we've had in Legion and BfA then I'll stick to Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    I imagine Torghast will be like Island Expeditions.

A quaint little feature that would probably be great as a side thing the player could go screw around with when they felt like it, but Blizzard's insistence on keeping people grinding it week after week will have people burnt out before the end of the first raid tier.
    That's also my fear, I can't understand why Blizzard insists on these endless grind models we've had in Legion and BfA. People are getting burned out from having to repeat content on easy mode (lower mythic + level than they can do) for efficiency, there are people in my guild who put their alt(s) on second and third accounts to they can multi-bot islands and dailies. How insane is that?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Yeah, i thought 8.2 was pretty damn good & i wish BFA launched in that state.
    They really just need to stop reinventing the wheel every xpac & removing features people like, the HOA is in a really good place right now & only needs account wide essences, yet they are going to remove it in Shadowlands & replace it with a Covenant system that i guarantee will have issues until they fix it with patches, then remove it again in 10.0, this cycle sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    three lies he will offer you
    10/10

10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Yeah that pretty much seems a lot more reasonable to me.
    If you release a quartal early the backlash for the next one for unfinished/buggy stuff should pretty much negate any profits/shareholder trust.

I mean just look at wc3 reforged, an even later release date but finished product would probably make more money in the long run.
    Have you even played WC3R ? I mean i don't even know what people are talking about. I haven't encountered a single bug and I'm at the end of campaign.

Not anymore, now that JAB is in control and Activision has sunk their claws in even more it's gonna be "how can we do as little work as possible and still get them to pay full price" going forward. It's going to be a culture of release unfinished and "fix" in patches forever.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

for me as long as they cut down on the rng and grind i will be fine with it,i liked wod,mostly because i play wow to raid,but i dont want to feel forced in doing a ton of activities to keep up like in legion and bfa with legendery bs,ap farm,essences etc,but hey,if shadowlands is just as bad as bfa,atleast i hope tbc gets announced

Quote Originally Posted by Globi View Post
    Legion was a good expansion

MOP was a good expansion

So, Shadowland'll be a good expansion

It's the prophecy
    The last patch of legion was good the beginning was horrifying.

Yes, but I expect to me let down far more often then I will be satisfied. Every Expansion has a promise broken, content undelivered/unfinished and missing the mark in some way through patches, constant class balances or bad catch-up mechanics.

I enjoyed everything about TBC, and most things about WotLk but Cataclysm changed everything and I hated it. MoP restored my love for the game and that's honestly been the greatest expansion since TBC for me but WoD was very difficult to get through, if it weren't for alts I would have quit. Legion was fine, fun for alts but that's basically it. BFA is bad, Cataclysm levels of bad. Thankfully Classic is the better alternative but Shadowlands could leave a lot to be desired. It might be good, but more likely it will be okay.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    i think shadowlands will be good especially after the changes they were making on the PTR for 8.3. There will always be haters, but WoW still has the best raids than any other MMO and many features of shadowlands so far look great so basically make your voices heard on the beta because if not you wont get what you want
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

How the fuck have you been here for 7 years and not know that Blizzard doesn't give a flying fuck about feedback?

They ignored all feedback for how bad Azerite gear was, ignored feedback for islands and warfronts, and put them out anyway. In a shocking twist of fate, all of those features are now universally hated.

I think they can, but I think it would require them to return to the kind of design philosophy they had in MoP. If they're unwilling to do that then nope.

Yes, they've made at least 4 good expansions in a row, I can't see any reason the next one won't be good too.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yes, they've made at least 4 good expansions in a row, I can't see any reason the next one won't be good too.
    Name these 4 good expansions please. Because the only ones I can think of are TBC, Wrath, Cata, and MoP, which was almost 10 years ago. Two of which were meh to ok at best.

Oh nvm, I just read your signature. Now it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravec View Post
    Name these 4 good expansions please.
    MoP, WoD, Legion, BfA

People need to remember there are more than two scores for something, people who insist on putting everything into 0/10 and 10/10 are not thinking rationally.

Good doesn't mean amazing, or perfect ... just means good.

I just read your signature. Now it makes sense.
    Good - then you understand I speak from a rational perspective.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Legion was arguably my favorite expansion to date, and that was only the previous one, so no reason for me to find it impossible.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    yes I do. Legion was a good expansion. what they need to do is have a somewhat lengthy alpha/beta cycle (even if it pushes the release into next year) which gives them time to identify and eliminate all the bugs and remove warforging and titanforging (which they basically have done already). they do those two things and the expansion will already be better than BfA

If you expect it to be bad, it most likely will be bad for you regardless. Confirmation bias is a very real thing.

Not like there's another option to choose from.

Really only doing my raids in wow and the other time is spent in POE and I'm quite sure that shadowland raids will still be good - regardless of any stupid decision they come up this time.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    MoP, WoD, Legion, BfA

People need to remember there are more than two scores for something, people who insist on putting everything into 0/10 and 10/10 are not thinking rationally.

Good doesn't mean amazing, or perfect ... just means good.

Good - then you understand I speak from a rational perspective.
    WoD had no content, classes were pruned (though most weren't completely destroyed like they were later), Garrisons were boring and practically printed gold and gear, HFC was awful, and Tanaan Jungle was one of, if not the worst max level zone they've ever made. Oh, and pvp died because it was so bad. There is no way in hell you can't be trolling by saying this was a "good" expansion. Also introduced the pathfinder cancer.

Legion was RNG overload. Class design was absolutely atrocious, they destroyed so many specs *cough* Survival *cough* and pruned even further somehow. They reduced legendaries, items that were once, gasp, L E G E N D A R Y, and made it completely RNG on whether or not you'd get one until the literal end of the xpac. You could go months without getting the good legendaries for your class. Professions were (and still are) irrelevant, only Alchemy mattered. They made slots completely RNG, Titanforging made raiding at a Mythic level pointless other than to say you did it. Artifact grind was horrendous, rep factions were irrelevant (same in WoD and BfA), the raids were a complete mess, with the only one without any real problems being fucking Antorus, the last raid of the expansion lmfao.

BfA... Like, I'm slapping myself on the head for biting. You are absolutely trolling with this one. There is no way in hell can anyone with a functioning brain actually think BfA is a good expansion. The evidence against it is overwhelming.

Also, your little "statement" is insanely childish and completely missing the point of why the Blitzchung incident caused massive outrage. You're basically saying don't boycott a company that will strike down any dissent against a Communist regime that violates human rights daily. Your example is disingenuous, and you are the furthest thing from rational.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    is this your first rodeo?
    Hahahaha. I can't wait for the beta players to call out everything wrong, have people say "its only beta" then they ultimately end up ignored.....for the 5th beta in a row.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

How the fuck have you been here for 7 years and not know that Blizzard doesn't give a flying fuck about feedback?

They ignored all feedback for how bad Azerite gear was, ignored feedback for islands and warfronts, and put them out anyway. In a shocking twist of fate, all of those features are now universally hated.
    thats a bit subjective i have no issues with warfronts, islands, or azerite gear since like 8.2 pretty much. I just think they can be better

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Nope. People responsible for Blizzard success left company. Current Activision-Blizzard developers have no idea what makes game good and they failed to ship good product for over half a decade now.
    ummm legion was awesome so idk what you mean lol