Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    There's also the movie ruining the 'waifu effect' for dweebs who saw Joker and thought 'its me'. Suitable or unsuitable waifu behavior seems to be a major source of the nerdrage and 'getwokegobroke' calls.
    Oh, is the Joker in this? The trailer I saw made this look like hot garbage, so I have precisely zero interest in wasting the price of a ticket on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I already see the usual sites writing articles about the girl power of this so I'm gonna go ahead and write it off like everything else from DC that isn't Wonder Woman or Joker.
    Hey now, Aquaman was relatively decent, considering the absolute garbage that is the rest of the "DC CU" outside of Wonderwoman. Joker was good, but Joker doesn't really count, because it's sort of a stand alone thing.

Honestly, DC REALLY REALLY needs to find someone like Kevin Feige, and put him in creative control of ALL of their shit. Cause quite frankly, they have an absolutely fucking shit track record of finding people who actually understand comic movies, or for that matter, even the basic qualities of the characters themselves, when it comes to getting this stuff made. It honestly feels like almost every suit at DC working on these things secretly hates the source material and everything it stands for......

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Oh, is the Joker in this? The trailer I saw made this look like hot garbage, so I have precisely zero interest in wasting the price of a ticket on it.
    No, and that's the point. A lot of people don't like that she's broken up with her guy, and isn't the 'sexy sidekick' anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Hey now, Aquaman was relatively decent, considering the absolute garbage that is the rest of the "DC CU" outside of Wonderwoman. Joker was good, but Joker doesn't really count, because it's sort of a stand alone thing.

Honestly, DC REALLY REALLY needs to find someone like Kevin Feige, and put him in creative control of ALL of their shit. Cause quite frankly, they have an absolutely fucking shit track record of finding people who actually understand comic movies, or for that matter, even the basic qualities of the characters themselves, when it comes to getting this stuff made. It honestly feels like almost every suit at DC working on these things secretly hates the source material and everything it stands for......
    Aquaman was awesome. The whole movie was bananas. Can't wait for the next one in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    No, and that's the point. A lot of people don't like that she's broken up with her guy, and isn't the 'sexy sidekick' anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Aquaman was awesome. The whole movie was bananas. Can't wait for the next one in the series.
    Thats cause Jason Momoa carries everything he does he is a amzing actor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post

Is is possible with todays technology to clone feige? There's probably no law yet needing his permission.

Good movie and worth the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    get woke go broke
    Expect like captain marvel and black panther made a billion each. So.....no?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There was nothing woke about this film. Nice try though.
    The entire promo of this movie was" we don't need a man" "it is not for boys "crap in half promo articles we saw ... It is almost if they want this to fail> But ofc we see :P MAN blaming for it fo flop... Ant some "critics" say this is better than Wonder woman ......... But what i know im just a man :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    "Woke" = "having prominent female characters" to a certain segment of the population these days.
    yes yes, let's do the mental gymnastics ant pretend the woke promo crap before the movie didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Made a lot in ticket sales but the movies were shit, imo.
    I liked both but the claim wasn't make woke films make shit films.

I liked Black Panther! Captain Marvel was a disappointment then I remembered Carol Danvers was so unlikeable rogue was a hero after putting her in a coma. Brie Larson player her perfectly.

I saw the movie but I just can’t get over the portrayal of Cassandra Cain. It completely ruins it for me.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Expect like captain marvel and black panther made a billion each. So.....no?
    People will go watch anything with the Marvel logo...

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    People will go watch anything with the Marvel logo...
    So its "go woke go broke unless your a massive movie franchise"?

Just trying to know how many expectations we need to add on to the end. What about Get out? No massive movie franchise still did well.

5+ Year Old Account
    So its "go woke go broke unless your a massive movie franchise"?

Just trying to know how many expectations we need to add on to the end. What about Get out? No massive movie franchise still did well.
    New Star Wars trilogy movies made a billion each, regardless of how shitty they were, cuz of logo

You could make a 2 hour movie of kevin feige picking his nose, and people would watch it

New Star Wars trilogy movies made a billion each, regardless of how shitty they were, cuz of logo
    Im not saying massive film franchise can't produce shit films. Im saying "go woke go broke" is a wank statement.

Also the new star wars is case study against the statement. Only film headed by a white man did the worse.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-02-09 at 08:38 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Im not saying massive film franchise can't produce shit films. Im saying "go woke go broke" is a wank statement
    Star Wars n Marvel have farmed nerd currency to such an extent it takes longer than normal for nerds to connect their critical thinking n they will forgive shit like the last jedi, rise of skywalker, captain marvel & black panther

Star Wars n Marvel have farmed nerd currency to such an extent it takes longer than normal for nerds to connect their critical thinking n they will forgive shit like the last jedi, rise of skywalker, captain marvel & black panther
    But all of them still made millions despite going "woke" so..........

5+ Year Old Account
    But all of them still made millions despite going "woke" so..........
    Birds of prey didn't farm enough movie nerd currency, it comes off a flop, suicide squad, so there wasn't a nerd ocean to flood sales, more like a little lake..You need to build up a large base so u can unload turd sandwiches..

Your franchise needs to have a really fat ass so its sheer bulk becomes a gravitational pull that (I'm not continuing down this road, is best...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-02-09 at 08:50 PM.

Birds of prey didn't farm enough movie nerd currency, it comes off a flop, suicide squad, so there wasn't a nerd ocean to flood sales, more like a little lake..You need to build up a large base so u can unload turd sandwiches..
    Ss made 745 million usd.....

5+ Year Old Account
    Ss made 745 million usd.....
    That's ok for a low-budget minimal effects movie...but not for something u want to contend with the avengers...

That's ok for a low-budget minimal effects movie...but not for something u want to contend with the avengers...
    But it wasn't a flop