Page 85 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    That would bring a marked improvement in the White House.
    Less face makeup and slightly less ridiculous hair, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    This will come up again, and is only ancillary to the DNC Primary, but the GOP is in full voter suppression mode this season.
    This is the kind of fuckery that's gonna lose us the election, that and the russian campaign that's coming. it's not gonna be bernie bro's.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    By 0.1%. Not exactly a crushing victory there.
    By two delegates, actually, which is a more noticeable margin.

This will come up again, and is only ancillary to the DNC Primary, but the GOP is in full voter suppression mode this season.
    I have brought it up a few times and even had another bring it up to me.

1. The Federal Elections Commission is dismantled as it takes 4 members of leadership to legally function and Trump refused to fill them, they only have 3 and aren't legally allowed to do anything because of it.

2. The Senate didn't call him innocent and the defense even admitted he did it, they acquitted on Nixon's old defense that if a president does it, it isn't illegal. They didn't even give a censure for a mark of disapproval so they the precedence that Trump and any other future president can commit extortion and cheat in elections for personal gain.

3. Within 48 hours of that, Barr banned the FBI from looking into Trump and the 2020 election.

We may very well have a Russian style democratic election this year if it follows this course. And I expect things to get very bad and potentially violent because of it.

We have Trump who tried to silently get 2 foreign nations to meddle in our elections for his benefit just get the green light to do it again without fear of impeachment while the FEC and FBI are not allowed to look into him or the 2020 election. To say he will be emboldened is an understatement.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    This is the kind of fuckery that's gonna lose us the election, that and the russian campaign that's coming. it's not gonna be bernie bro's.
    just goes to show how absolutely privileged threatening to not vote is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final national delegates allocated by @IowaDemocrats :
    Buttigieg 14
    Sanders 12
    Warren 8
    Biden 6
    Klobuchar 1

2020 Iowa Democratic caucuses
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_I...ratic_caucuses

It's officially over.
    @Rozz or @Farelaine feel free to close it up. Fun will be in New Hampshire now!
    Mod Edit: There is no need. Discussion will naturally move to other threads as this dies down.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-02-10 at 10:33 PM.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Agreed. I'm just curious how the Sanders' peeps are taking it.
    Not a big deal. Even with the dumbasses that don't know he is gay, trying to change their vote after they figure it out. They are only voting for Pete because of how shittily conservative Iowa is. And Pete is about as conservative of a democrat as it gets. And they don't want to vote for Biden because they actually believe Trump that he is corrupt like gullible dumbasses they are. The disinformation campaign worked and people believe that shit.

But I am glad at the turnout that Bernie got.

https://twitter.com/tripgabriel/stat...58111453274113

Gotta protect the integrity of incorrect math!

How is it possible for Sanders to win the popular vote and only be behind in SDEs by 0.1%, but get 2 less delegates?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimensius View Post
    https://twitter.com/tripgabriel/stat...58111453274113

Gotta protect the integrity of incorrect math!

How is it possible for Sanders to win the popular vote and only be behind in SDEs by 0.1%, but get 2 less delegates?
    They capped delegates, to 32% so popular vote didn't matter. What this shows is that Bernie pivoted his strategy to not rely on solely college towns and still did as well in spite of this should be encouraging for sanders supporters. Keep in mind there are almost 2500 total delegates in play, so 2 delegates might seem a lot because its the only ones we have available right now, but it's a drop in the ocean of what's needed, so I wouldn't worry about it too much att.

Pete wins Iowa. How are Sanders supporters taking that news?
    As a Sanders supporter, I hope this caucus just dies. Overall, Sanders and Pete break even, the rest of the Democrats lose badly, and Trump wins big time.

Another disaster like this and Trump is home free.

Overall Sanders was the clear winner. Not of delegates but of race positioning.

Buttigieg takes support from Biden, not Sanders, but Buttigieg doesn't have a path to victory. Sanders does. If the chaos in Iowa helps Buttigieg, that's very good for Sanders and very bad for Biden, and it's being reflected in the current polling as well.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

It's one week later.

Why hasn't the leadership of the Iowa Democratic party resigned in disgrace yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post

Buttigieg takes support from Biden, not Sanders, but Buttigieg doesn't have a path to victory. Sanders does. If the chaos in Iowa helps Buttigieg, that's very good for Sanders and very bad for Biden, and it's being reflected in the current polling as well.
    That's pretty much my take on it. Bad news for Biden, good news for Sanders. On to NH!

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post

I agree with this assessment.

It's good for Klobachar too; seems she's starting to see a consolidation of support as people start to realise Biden is a spent force. With Buttigieg's poor support from non-white voters almost certain to hamstring him short of a major shift, she seems best placed to see a boost.

From the Sanders campaign's perspective seeing support dither between the establishment candidates is the best case scenario. If you could pick one candidate to also be doing well at this stage, it would be Buttigieg; he seems very likely to crash to a halt in the near future because he is performing so poorly outside of the white voter demographic. Early victories/good showings for Buttigieg takes early support and media coverage away from a candidate who will have more staying power. By the time voters looking for a more establishment candidate consolidate, they may have split the vote between 3 people who are all languishing on middling delegate numbers.

Unless Buttigieg somehow reverses his lack of appeal with non-white voters, it seems like he's destined to act as a bit of a spoiler candidate.

Not a fan of Kyle Kulinski. I especially disagree with him on his views on foreign policy, but nevertheless I think this video perfectly captures how Sanders supporters feel about what's happening in the primaries.

Even 100% assuming the primaries aren't being rigged... There's a point where there are too many "coincidences" for one not to be skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Not a fan of Kyle Kulinski. I especially disagree with him on his views on foreign policy, but nevertheless I think this video perfectly captures how Sanders supporters feel about what's happening in the primaries.

Even 100% assuming the primaries aren't being rigged... There's a point where there are too many "coincidences" for one not to be skeptical.
    MSNBC had put up a graphic the other day that I can't seem to find now that showed the polling immediately before the caucus in relation to the results. Everyone had their results be within 1% of the polling. Except Bernie and Pete who had their results seemingly equalized to almost tie with Pete ahead.

I don't hold polling as gospel, but to have everyone else match except those two with the rest of the shit show going on? I heard someone say "The only reason it was Pete instead of Biden was because Biden just did too poorly." Gotta agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimensius View Post
    It’s a sad state of affairs when the MSM cult is just saying that the Democrats have no obligation to be democratic. And we’re the ones that are like Trump supporters...

- - - Updated - - -

Read my previous posts

Wait nvm, you did read it, but are just straight up denying facts because you don’t like those facts. Very Trumpian
    It's still far more democratic than the GOP... who aren't even holding primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's still far more democratic than the GOP... who aren't even holding primaries.
    I mean, nominally there are primaries, but that's because there's never a full fledged primary when there's an incumbent. Including for Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, nominally there are primaries, but that's because there's never a full fledged primary when there's an incumbent. Including for Democrats.
    Of course, which is why complaining about the "democraticness" of it all from a Trumpster, doesn't make much sense.

Caucuses are a fucking cancer. There really is no way around it. It's not genuinely democratic, but is far more democratic than not holding any primary. Trumpsters complaining about things not being democratic, when their guy is in power due to a lack of democracy, is rather ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    As I understand it there are normally primaries when there was a challenger, they don't bother to care because they won't win.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_R...tial_primaries
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_D...tial_primaries

They didn't bother to stop the primaries because they knew the president wouldn't lose any. They stopped the primaries this year because they feared Trump would lose some because there was actual candidates challenging him.