Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Like em. Needs balance between orgrimmar and stormwind tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    As a prot pally with decent gear I can do a full run with one mask, but I still don't get all the praise these visions are getting. It's a tiny bit of content, that's very repetitive and as you said, quite stressful, because of the limited tries.
    Are you using the initial mask that lowers sanity or do you swap to a different one for 1 mask run?

Also is goddamned echoing void mandatory to enjoy this content, I was watching a guide from @SoulSoBreezy and he was also a prot pally and also with echoing void like you so I'm starting to see some pattern here...

(I have a blood dk with no dps corruptions just the stat ones so far and it feels like damn slow to progress through the vision.)
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2020-02-10 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Are you using the initial mask that lowers sanity or do you swap to a different one for 1 mask run?

Also is goddamned echoing void mandatory to enjoy this content, I was watching a guide from @SoulSoBreezy and he was also a prot pally and also with echoing void like you so I'm starting to see some pattern here...

(I have a blood dk with no dps corruptions just the stat ones so far and it feels like damn slow to progress through the vision.)
    Echoing Void is trash compared to Twilight Devastation for these tbh, and that's even before the tues nerf kicks in. Literally 1 TD proc kills any non elite and does 40%+ damage to bosses in tank solo runs, and it's procs quite often when fighting multiple targets since it procs off AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Echoing Void is trash compared to Twilight Devastation for these tbh, and that's even before the tues nerf kicks in. Literally 1 TD proc kills any non elite and does 40%+ damage to bosses in tank solo runs, and it's procs quite often when fighting multiple targets since it procs off AoE.
    I meant echoing void / twilight devastation / infinite stars vs. "you get 9% more haste" or "when you're hit you proc 300 versatility" etc. corruptions.

Corruptions feel to me a typical case of "gear > skill", yes there's always room for improving skill (pathing, wasting less time, optimizing orb uses), but it feels like you get so much more from just farming gear (corruptions, cloak upgrades, titan archive upgrades). And while cloak / archive can be just "grinded out" corruptions are very rng. Hope next week I'm not getting another stupid trinket from m+ cache (0 corruption guaranteed).

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You mean, if I want to spend 10 minutes stunned do arenas. Arena's are awful, I HATE pvp.
    And people hate timed content in PVP. That's why classic is so popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    And people hate timed content in PVP. That's why classic is so popular.
    Ah yes, the only reason people like classic, no timed content. Hate to break it to you but both Vanilla and TBC had popular timed content.

This is the only FORCED timed content in the game atm, you can even do M+ without worrying about the timer, you still get gear.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant echoing void / twilight devastation / infinite stars vs. "you get 9% more haste" or "when you're hit you proc 300 versatility" etc. corruptions.

Corruptions feel to me a typical case of "gear > skill", yes there's always room for improving skill (pathing, wasting less time, optimizing orb uses), but it feels like you get so much more from just farming gear (corruptions, cloak upgrades, titan archive upgrades). And while cloak / archive can be just "grinded out" corruptions are very rng. Hope next week I'm not getting another stupid trinket from m+ cache (0 corruption guaranteed).
    I mean, wow has always kind of been gear>skill unless you were pushing early.

They're fun and I hope they're a sign of good things to come with Torghast. I really hope Torghast doesn't limit how much you can do it in a week like the visions though and I hope the zones really change a lot in terms of layout and aesthetic. The visions are kind of uninteresting to look at (just Org / SW with a purple hue and tentacles). Not as challenging or epic as the mage towers, but I'd rather be doing these than doing WQ out in Uldum / Vale.

I can understand if people don't like them, but I can't understand the hate for them for what they are on paper. Would you guys just want another shitty WQ zone again like Argus?

This system and Torghast by extension are Blizzard expanding the gameplay of this game into a relevant fourth area - challenging solo content that is dynamic and roguelike. We already have raids, mythic+, and pvp as the only meaningful gameplay in this game, and all three are largely on rails at this point (especially raids). Actual world content ala WQ and questing in general is braindead easy, boring kill x enemies click x things dressed differently every time, with no thought or challenge involved whatsoever. Since people are so against more worldbuilding aspects and customization-based gameplay like a housing system, at least give Blizz some credit for trying to add something new to the game 15 years in.

I swear, people on these forums only want to run the same raids and dungeons until the end of time, and god-forbid if anything interrupts that. Despite some of the mixed reactions to Legion / BFA, at least Blizzard is trying new things more so than previous expansions. Even if it doesn't always hit the mark, at least they know they can't rely on raids and dungeons forever.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2020-02-10 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Ah yes, the only reason people like classic, no timed content. Hate to break it to you but both Vanilla and TBC had popular timed content.

This is the only FORCED timed content in the game atm, you can even do M+ without worrying about the timer, you still get gear.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, wow has always kind of been gear>skill unless you were pushing early.
    What was the popular timed content in Vanilla and TBC rofl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    To me, they are just stressful and it's just a bunch of "move out of the AoE" every single time I cast a spell.

I don't enjoy it at all and it's really an indicator of how Shadowlands solo content is gonna be too... I play a Resto Shaman, just like Ion does, and it just feels horrible doing these horrific visions solo, even after these nerfs... I just end up asking myself "why does this system even exist?"..

I get they are desperate to make the game get positive feelback but the direction they are going is just completely wrong IMO. Take some inspiration from Classic and stop this dumb daily and weekly chore BS. That's just me though.

How do u guys feel about Horrific Visions?
    i do enjoy them greatly. Its like the proven arenas from MoP. I DO however empathize that it must not be as much fun for casters or non dpsers in general.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

No, it made me unsubscribe. I played it for a 8 days. So just start of week 2, and the loopwas just so clear and boring. I had way more fun in the scenario to save Chrnoie. This is just boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    What was the popular timed content in Vanilla and TBC rofl.
    Timed runs of Dead strat for tier .5 for one thing.

And timed runs of Shattered halls in TBC, people did that shit ALL the time.

Tbh Spriest is overnerfed, but I don't think it's the worst spec for everything. For raids, you still have better chance to get a spot as spriest over non-meta melee (feral, enhance, survival, windwalker, even ret), and for m+ the worst dps spec hands down is affliction. For visions hard to say, solo healer used to be the worst choice before the 40% nerf. I remember there was some guy who complained on the forums how arcane mage is completely worst spec for these (could be just that guy though).

Sad part is we're around the time of the patch when usually Blizzard does some class balancing pass, but they were so preoccupied nerfing OP corruptions they completely forgot to check the state of various classes and specs.
    Lock and mage can both respec. Mage has the best raid spec in the game atm. Shadow can't respec. Its the problem with hybrids thats been in since wow's inception. Once you get nerfed you're totally fucked.

Not particularly fun. I went up to lvl5 on all my alts just because it was relatively quick and easy, but I've only been progressing further on my main. Definitely a far cry from the Mage Tower (which I did for every spec on every class).

Definitly,

I think this is billion times better then mage tower, only how to participate is a bit of a let down.

I really enjoy horrific visions. Yesterday I got a mask on two characters after pushing myself to the limit and was euphoric. Also, I found that you can use Condensed Life-Force on mage quarter boss to interrupt his Frozen Storm. If you have enough dps you will kill him fast that way. If only we could get more vessels per week or share our alter's vessels...

I don't find them interesting. I have been guildless through all of BFA and rely on M+ and other non-raid sources of gear. I don't see a point in trying to push difficulties. I can still max out my cape, but there isn't a reward that I know of for trying over and over to do better. It seems repetitive with no benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Ion said in an interview that one of the things Retail should learn from Classic is "the pacing". So why do they still think this ADHD gogogo solo content they call Horrific Visions is OK in 8.3? Did they learn anything from Classic? I agree with you 100%.
    They weren't joking around when they picked that name.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'm tolerating them, but I consider them a net negative to my game experience. They certainly aren't something that will help keep me subbed.
    I wanted the same thing with Mage tower challenges after you've completed them... just to be able to retry them using different tactics but oh wait fun detected. It's a great idea to have a training mode...

15+ Year Old Account
    I would greatly appreciate them if it didn't cost 10k for a try. It's far too much.

As a die-hard fan of challenging solo-content I absolutely love them. Gonna see if I can manage 2 mask full clears this reset, altho that might end up becoming a 3 + Thrall clear instead, those mask effects are disgustang.