Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stopped after rank 2

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I play a Resto Shaman, just like Ion does, and it just feels horrible doing these horrific visions solo
    I think you have found the problem right here. Horrific Visions isn't really caster friendly, and if you on top of that happen to be a healer with an even smaller dps toolkit I'm not surprised that you don't like them.

Try it a week as enhancement and you might enjoy them more, I certainly did when I swapped my druid over to feral for the visions.

The main problem is they got lazy and made a 1 size fits all for every spec. Specs that aren't as generally good in dealing with large numbers of mobs perform poorly compared to an equally skilled spec of another class. And not to mention it's all DPS, so healers and tanks who switch to damage are going to perform poorer since their weapons/trinkets could be geared towards their main spec and all their azerite traits as well.

Honestly I would have been happier with a rehashed mage tower that scaled endlessly upwards with new abilities and mechanics to deal with. Add some helpful talents you earn overtime so the upper levels become more manageable, but better players can access them without them due to their superior dps/heals. And it won't be timed like so many people complain about because a timer isn't needed for a difficult challenge.

I have not done one yet. I assume I will do one at some point. I have the Halls of Origination one as a quest although I really do not care enough to bother doing it yet.

I assumed they were solo content although I see some mentioning 5 man groups.

One of the worst content ever labelled with "solo challenge" ever saw.

Just play a no brain class like DH or go party. #ez

Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    Most fun content in a while, and idk why people keep saying its hard for casters, it isnt lol
    It's harder and definitely less fun.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    To me, they are just stressful and it's just a bunch of "move out of the AoE" every single time I cast a spell.

I don't enjoy it at all and it's really an indicator of how Shadowlands solo content is gonna be too... I play a Resto Shaman, just like Ion does, and it just feels horrible doing these horrific visions solo, even after these nerfs... I just end up asking myself "why does this system even exist?"..

I get they are desperate to make the game get positive feelback but the direction they are going is just completely wrong IMO. Take some inspiration from Classic and stop this dumb daily and weekly chore BS. That's just me though.

How do u guys feel about Horrific Visions?
    I feel like if a person has only mastered one of the three specs of his class, then he has no right to whine about the tuning of any content in the game. You have all the tools to completly demonlish those visions, the only thing blocking you from success is your selfimposed restriction.

Spread your wings, become a Shaman, not just a resto-shaman.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    Most fun content in a while, and idk why people keep saying its hard for casters, it isnt lol
    Do it as Shadow Priest then as DH or Rogue then as Tank and then as Healer

Ofc a full run is the min, if you had mask it just makes more obv

This isn't " challenge " content, it is nowhere near Tower Mage quality, even if some challenge were a joke even day 1, while other required skill and knowledge of the spec.

Beside the turning point where you could stomp them with the perfect leggo or with antorus gear

Horrific Visions are not challenging content, since you can do solo and group it is just not balanced.
    The 5 mask achiv is even worse beacuse it is clearly the classic " you can do asap with this class or wait gear with these instead "

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    With the elite extermination talent you should be making your way into a full clear. This week could have been a single run. Should at least aim for 2 runs next week.

But yeah, limiting runs with a sort of "limited lives" system like retro Mario is a horrible design that games learned to stop resorting to years ago. Or at least, they should have.
    You all talk about the elite talent, but do you know how many mementos that talent cost? For the majority of people it takes ages to arrive to that row, it’s way too deep in the tree.

I play a DK blood and even with the mob health nerf visions are a nightmare, I can barely kill one boss for the page and one other (usually Alleria or Thrall). By the time I will be able to see a mask, Shadowlands will be out.

I can’t really understand this Blizzard fetish for timed content, it’s really annoying and not fun unless you have a class and ilvl which allows you to instagib everything.

As with the original Deaths of Chromie scenario, the Warlock green fire questline, and the Mage Tower bosses, horrific visions are the latest in a line of spectacular solo challenge modes. I enjoy gradually improving my solo performance. And permitting groups allows players who are not soloers to progress their capes as well. Good all around, although I don't think the soft cap number of attempts was entirely necessary.

I play a Mistweaver Monk btw.
    Last edited by MatadorMedia; 2020-02-10 at 09:02 AM.

No. Feels like another chore to do for no reason other than Blizzard said so.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    You all talk about the elite talent, but do you know how many mementos that talent cost? For the majority of people it takes ages to arrive to that row, it’s way too deep in the tree.

I play a DK blood and even with the mob health nerf visions are a nightmare, I can barely kill one boss for the page and one other (usually Alleria or Thrall). By the time I will be able to see a mask, Shadowlands will be out.

I can’t really understand this Blizzard fetish for timed content, it’s really annoying and not fun unless you have a class and ilvl which allows you to instagib everything.
    The elite talent costs like 1.5k memes or something like that unless you're inting and took too many talents in the early rows, which isn't a problem with the system. It really isn't that deep.
    And maybe you're playing too safe either in terms of pulls or in terms of talents/gear/corruption.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    As a die-hard fan of challenging solo-content I absolutely love them. Gonna see if I can manage 2 mask full clears this reset, altho that might end up becoming a 3 + Thrall clear instead, those mask effects are disgustang.
    Some, sure. The -50% sanity you should only use once, when unlocking any other mask, and then you should leave it alone till you're ready for 5 masks. The 2 madnesses can be pretty brutal, especially during some weeks. However, some are...somewhat useless, at least in terms of their effect, not talking the +25%dmg/hp on mobs. Burned Bridge is pretty much a non-issue (the one which spawns sanity draining puddles under your feet), Daredevil (400% more sanity drain from creatures) can be mitigated with interrupts/fast nuking of mini bosses, Dark Imagination (spawning an add from time to time when under 50% sanity) can actually end up being a benefit, once you get Gift of the Titans, it allowed me to finish a 3 mask clear this week by spawning an add during Alleria fight, gift procced, and I could ignore all her mechanics for 20 seconds and just nuke

Either you're thinking of gift of the titans, which obviously can take time, or...idk. But the Elite Extermination talent costs 1300 mementos by itself. Plenty of ppl, myself included, unlocked it during the first week, and even the more casual players got it during the second one. If you still don't have it...that's on you.

Also, if you play blood DK, you can pretty much pull entire zones, and just aoe. Unless you're severly undergeared, you should end up doing them pretty much as fast as dpses, who can't pull as many mobs as you. Also, get mechagon trinket with cyclotronic blast, it deletes all the mini bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Are you using the initial mask that lowers sanity or do you swap to a different one for 1 mask run?
    Never use the sanity lowering mask, only the first time, to unlock any other. After that leave it alone till you're doing 5 masks.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy them but don't like the cap of attempts because screwing one up or having an unfortunate connection issue (which happened to us..) sets you back behind everyone else and is basically irrecoverable.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post

Honestly I would have been happier with a rehashed mage tower that scaled endlessly upwards with new abilities and mechanics to deal with. Add some helpful talents you earn overtime so the upper levels become more manageable, but better players can access them without them due to their superior dps/heals. And it won't be timed like so many people complain about because a timer isn't needed for a difficult challenge.
    We're getting that in 8-10 months.

Hopefully.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    As a DPS, I enjoy them greatly.

Why are you trying to do solo content as a healer? Solo content is not designed around healers. They do terrible in PvE solo, and are nearly unkillable in PvP solo. Horrific Visions is designed specifically that a 5 man group nearly requires both a healer AND a tank. They are also designed around the fact that it is much, MUCH easier to do a Vision with a 5 man then solo.
    You are so misinformed, it's dangerous. Please don't go around spreading your opinions around horrific visions as actual facts.

Horrific Visions are designed to be run EITHER solo OR in a group, regardless of what ROLE you play. I'd suggest you go through the 8.3 QnA with Ion that came out many months ago now to get some clarity. The recent tuning changes for tank and healer roles in horrific visions were to fix some of the issues the OP brought up.
    Horrific Visions can be easy to run in a group, or be absolute hell where one person fails and the group pays the price. Don't go solely based on what content creators tell you on this topic. I've personally seen clueless tanks do all the wrong things and mess up orbs in a grouped horrific vision run multiple times.
    I can do a 5 chest easy on my ret, but the moment i group up with someone who can't carry their weight, it becomes harder for me too, which is the exact opposite of what you were claiming.

Issue with horrific visions is that there's way too many things that you need to move out of, which is a detriment to caster classes trying to solo them. Yes, there are a few outliers who absolutely smack the hell out of visions on their mage or priest and do a 5 chest clear, but there 500x more where they came from who cannot do a 3 chest without it being close. If you play something like a fire mage or a holy priest, you're out of luck. Doable, but hard. That's just blizzard not designing the mechanics in there with casters in mind.

Unfortunately, if you're one of those caster classes/specs that doesn't deal well with movement, your best bet is to group up with a strong dps. It's unfortunate, but that's just how it is I'm afraid.

That being said, I think there's some personal satisfaction involved when you finally do beat it and complete a 3 or 5 chest run on one of those classes/specs. As long as you earn enough vessels, i'd say keep at it as a solo player. You have more than half an year to go and only 6 more cloak upgrades. Plenty of time to make mistakes, mess up and still catch up.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see why you're complaining about this. How else do you want blizzard to gate challenging content if not behind gear levels? It's meant to get easier as you get stronger, fairly straightforward, and logical.

Also, it's not hard as a blood dk at all. In fact, it's quite the opposite. We do a lot of DPS as blood dk's and the mob health in horrific visions were reduced by 35% for tanks with the recent hotfix. People were already doing 3-5 chests before the hotfix with enough gear, so it should be doable now with less gear even.

If you cannot kill the elites in time, maybe you're not playing the class right. Take a look at what talents you're running and change em maybe? I see a lot of tanks making the mistake of going ultra defensive with their talents before entering visions. There's no need to play the same spec as you do in m+ or raids, change the talents around to give you more of a damage boost, not like you're gonna die as blood, amirite?
    Also, Elite Extermination deep in the tree? Really? did you waste your mementos on taking ALL the upper talent rows? If so, that's some poor decision making on your end. Doing a 3 chest clear nets you ~1500 mementos. I'm already on the penultimate row on 3 alts just by doing 3 chest solo clears weekly and a few mementos away from purchasing titanic archive or w/e it's called (the last row) on my main.

There's plenty of valid criticism of visions in this thread, but then there's posts like yours that's just complaining for the sake of complaining. Smh
    Last edited by Zarvel; 2020-02-10 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Some, sure. The -50% sanity you should only use once, when unlocking any other mask, and then you should leave it alone till you're ready for 5 masks. The 2 madnesses can be pretty brutal, especially during some weeks. However, some are...somewhat useless, at least in terms of their effect, not talking the +25%dmg/hp on mobs. Burned Bridge is pretty much a non-issue (the one which spawns sanity draining puddles under your feet), Daredevil (400% more sanity drain from creatures) can be mitigated with interrupts/fast nuking of mini bosses, Dark Imagination (spawning an add from time to time when under 50% sanity) can actually end up being a benefit, once you get Gift of the Titans, it allowed me to finish a 3 mask clear this week by spawning an add during Alleria fight, gift procced, and I could ignore all her mechanics for 20 seconds and just nuke
    Ah, clever use of Gift. I should get Gift on my next run, does it also stop the passive sanity drain from the zone you're in? I tend to pop my orbs <30 sanity if I can, that add could royally screw me over if it spawned then. Also, how often ish would you say gift pops? Because a valid tactic if it pops often would imo be to only engage unavoidable sanity-draining minibosses if you have the buff up and running. otherwise to kill trash until it pops and then go ham.

Been doing them on 3 alts so that I get to do them more often. They're quite enjoyable.

Like visions very much, but the combitanion of Leaden Foot and Split Personality (with Mask of the Pained) in lost areas of Stormwind this week is pure cancer. You just cant move anywhere half of the time.