Is this a joke?

60€ for the expansion - for a game that should already be mine?

edit: okay, the ubisoft store is just bullshitting.

Division 2 costs 9€
    Divsion 2 Expansion costs 30€

Division 2 basegame + expansion costs 60€

and you can still purchase the year 1 pass (for the base game) for 40€... which has... nothing(?) in it and expires in march.
    Whoever is going to buy the year 1 pass for the expansion... is just dumb.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-02-11 at 07:50 PM.

Huh, so this is functionally another "soft reboot" of sorts? Looks like it's a level cap increase, new area, and some expansive changes to gearing etc.

Doubt it'll be enough to get me back into the game on its own given my issues with stuttering that persist, but I'm mildly intrigued from the bits I've read so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had been thinking about checking out The Division 2 again for some time but didn't since I spend like 99% of the time playing solo and don't have any interest in PVP or end game stuff. I may check this out if the expansion adds enough story content.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I had been thinking about checking out The Division 2 again for some time but didn't since I spend like 99% of the time playing solo and don't have any interest in PVP or end game stuff. I may check this out if the expansion adds enough story content.
    Played the sequel mostly solo, outside of some group missions at level cap. It's totally playable alone, and you can even do missions solo if you don't want to matchmake. There's plenty more going on out in the world and more reasons to actually loot crafting materials nowadays. At the price it's going (base game is like $5) I'd highly recommend giving it a spin if you enjoyed the first one.

Soo seems like new expansion will bring the new seasons like fortnite with extra bonus rewards IF you pay them.
    Eh, i kinda lose interest now with that, monetization already is kinda fucked up with how expansive the store is.

At this point im kinda more interested in buying survival to first instalment because it was actually fun and complete experience...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Played the sequel mostly solo, outside of some group missions at level cap. It's totally playable alone, and you can even do missions solo if you don't want to matchmake. There's plenty more going on out in the world and more reasons to actually loot crafting materials nowadays. At the price it's going (base game is like $5) I'd highly recommend giving it a spin if you enjoyed the first one.
    Oh yeah, I played through all the initial story content of 2 when it came out. Just completely lost interest when I finished that. I have not played the episode 1&2 stuff that was released after. I have not even really looked into how much actual solo/story stuff is in those but it looks like episode 3 plus this whole NY thing will be pretty sizable so that's mostly what I was considering returning to check out.

Huh, so this is functionally another "soft reboot" of sorts? Looks like it's a level cap increase, new area, and some expansive changes to gearing etc.

Doubt it'll be enough to get me back into the game on its own given my issues with stuttering that persist, but I'm mildly intrigued from the bits I've read so far.
    It kind of feels like they came out the gate running but then ran out of steam fast and lost focus of any idea of where they were going. Theres a lot of stuff i like about The Division but i feel like the developers either don't know what kind of audience they want or they got caught in Ubisofts "GOTTA MILK EVERYTHING SOMEHOW" live service churn that lead to all the financial flops.

ok, I'm slightly confused. is this expansion included with ultimate edition? or is it not? when you compare editions on preorder page, it says its included, but I still have it available for preorder?

I have ultimate edition becasue when they had that insanely ridiculously deep sale recently, it only cost a few dollars more to buy that vs regular edition so I kinda went.. oh what the hell, might as well go all out

also... is this continuation from episode 3? is this episode 3? what?

last but not least, I wasn't really keen on dark zone before and now that you cannot gain xp from things like clearing landmarks? I'm definitely not going back there ever again. ah well. I pretty much only play this solo, for whatever reason the world just.. works for me, so I enjoy running around in it, and listening to story bits that I find along the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    ok, I'm slightly confused. is this expansion included with ultimate edition? or is it not? when you compare editions on preorder page, it says its included, but I still have it available for preorder?

I have ultimate edition becasue when they had that insanely ridiculously deep sale recently, it only cost a few dollars more to buy that vs regular edition so I kinda went.. oh what the hell, might as well go all out

also... is this continuation from episode 3? is this episode 3? what?
    I may be wrong on this but from my understanding the expansion is not included with the existing Ultimate edition. There is a new ultimate edition you can pre-order that will included everything from the existing ultimate plus the up coming expansion.

Episode 3, that will be out tomorrow Feb. 12th for year one pass holders and on the 19th for everyone else, is the free lead-in to the new expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I may be wrong on this but from my understanding the expansion is not included with the existing Ultimate edition. There is a new ultimate edition you can pre-order that will included everything from the existing ultimate plus the up coming expansion.

Episode 3, that will be out tomorrow Feb. 12th for year one pass holders and on the 19th for everyone else, is the free lead-in to the new expansion.
    I see. thank you

makes sense I suppose. well.. guess I'll wait for expansion to go on sale eventually. just finish up the current story and set it aside until it does.

Update 7nthat comes next week is free for all and included as last Year 1 update. The expansion will cost 30$ for all the new NY content.

I am not convinced. I mean, it looks cool but i don't want to spend another 30 euros. Plus Wolcen is coming out the exact same day as update 7 so i'm not gonna play it extensively - i'm just gonna do the missions and be done with it.

On other news: they're literally putting Season and Paragon like in D3. Given how they worked there i'm not really sold, but they may have been implemented differently.

We'll see. Maybe i can find a key for cheaper on the grey market.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Update 7nthat comes next week is free for all and included as last Year 1 update. The expansion will cost 30$ for all the new NY content.

I am not convinced. I mean, it looks cool but i don't want to spend another 30 euros. Plus Wolcen is coming out the exact same day as update 7 so i'm not gonna play it extensively - i'm just gonna do the missions and be done with it.

On other news: they're literally putting Season and Paragon like in D3. Given how they worked there i'm not really sold, but they may have been implemented differently.

We'll see. Maybe i can find a key for cheaper on the grey market.
    Its definitely a wait and see. Its no secret the overwhelming amount of vocal users appear to prefer new york to washington as a setting. Maybe its an assett flip of the map to try and make any profit on the series after Ubisofts year of financial flops? or maybe it ends up feeling more like the sequel people wanted? we gotta wait and see but i dont recommend anyone putting money down till its been out for a hot minute.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its definitely a wait and see. Its no secret the overwhelming amount of vocal users appear to prefer new york to washington as a setting. Maybe its an assett flip of the map to try and make any profit on the series after Ubisofts year of financial flops? or maybe it ends up feeling more like the sequel people wanted? we gotta wait and see but i dont recommend anyone putting money down till its been out for a hot minute.
    I don't think it's asset flip since the area wasn't present in D1 and was recreated 1:1 from scratch from what i read. Imho NY was just darker and gave the feeling of a worldwide infection and mass death. Washington is more like the rebirth of humanity and it's more "clear" visually.

I don't dislike D2 setting. D1 was more suited to the story i suppose. Plus, it was new.

It really strikes me how many complaints are very very similar to the ones Diablo 3 received (even if they have nothing to do with each other). I want to try it and i don't have time :/ I don't like the feeling i'm losing stuff by waiting, but i cannot really have longer days.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

It is 40 euro for the base game and the expansion.

I like DC to be honest. new york has a special place in my heart if only becasue I used to live there for like a decade, but there is just so much more variance to environments in DC... and its not that NYC doesn't look right - it does, they just took the most boring parts of midtown when they designed D1 :/

that said... $30... eh. as much as I'm looking forward to confronting Keener, as a soloer, seasons don't really much matter to me. outfit events kinda do, but... meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool resident Evil easter egg, in a haunted house.

The 2 new main missions are cool, but the problem is I am just going to do them once, as I don't see any point in farming it or doing it on a harder difficulty.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2020-02-12 at 10:24 PM.

Seems to fix my issue with constant crashing of Division 2. I hope.

Turned out both D2 and Aoc Odyssey would crash. Same patern. I was at the breaking point of just boycoting Ubi (despite liking their games overall) when i plugged out my xbox controler from usb. And game just worked.

Weird as it is it worked...

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Is this a joke?

60€ for the expansion - for a game that should already be mine?

edit: okay, the ubisoft store is just bullshitting.

Division 2 costs 9€
    Divsion 2 Expansion costs 30€

Division 2 basegame + expansion costs 60€

and you can still purchase the year 1 pass (for the base game) for 40€... which has... nothing(?) in it and expires in march.
    Whoever is going to buy the year 1 pass for the expansion... is just dumb.
    Wait....the whole New York thing isn't a free update? They're trying to sell this as a full priced expansion???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ah...clarity.

Well, that's still pretty disappointing. I mean, if it was bringing in something like Survival Mode(which I know a metric ton of players want) that doesn't suck like it did in D1, that'd be something. But I don't know about paying $30 for this. Probably just wait for a 50% steam sale after all the bugs have been cleared out. The initial track record of the decisions the devs made closer to the launch of TD2 doesn't inspire confidence in whatever they think a rework of the game will do now.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Wait....the whole New York thing isn't a free update? They're trying to sell this as a full priced expansion???
    It's not. It's $30 for the expansion, $40 for the bundle with the base game (though that's on sale for less than $5 on most platforms). For what it is, it's not a bad price.

It's not. It's $30 for the expansion, $40 for the bundle with the base game (though that's on sale for less than $5 on most platforms). For what it is, it's not a bad price.
    If I didn't already have TD2 I'd agree. But as I said earlier, I question the decision-making process of the devs. The New York "expansion" better be mind blowing. Otherwise I just dont see it being worthwhile.