Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    "having a raid reset on, for example, 8 p.m. might be strange for them "

Ion fisheyes again thinking players are dumb as rocks.. or is he projecting his own confusion on the subject?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    "having a raid reset on, for example, 8 p.m. might be strange for them "

Ion fisheyes again thinking players are dumb as rocks.. or is he projecting his own confusion on the subject?
    He formally explains why they can't launch raids at the same time worldwide.

Are you sure you aren't the confused one?

Alright F it, please explain to me why you think that indicates he thinks players are dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    You are right! Don't stop. But if I laugh myself to death while rolling on the floor, that's on you

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah its a good feeling. My carrier, echoing void got nerfed today But it carried me to number 1 dps on normal(pro) Ny'alotha on my server so I'll float on that for a while!
    Echoing void was actually ridiculously strong, really needed a nerf, because while twilight devastation is for aoe, echoing void even have made tanks on top dps due to it.The equal damage to your health, is a big thing on tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Echoing void was actually ridiculously strong, really needed a nerf, because while twilight devastation is for aoe, echoing void even have mad tanks on top dps due to it.The equal damage to your health, is a big thing on tanks.

No! Buff again!

Hoping for a star in the chest.. It would give more dps on ST than echoing void did prenerf. I also got the weapon for Ra-Den which is good as well. And so cool effect I must add.

- No plans for raids opening at the same time

Aight, F U Ion.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    No! Buff again!

Hoping for a star in the chest.. It would give more dps on ST than echoing void did prenerf. I also got the weapon for Ra-Den which is good as well. And so cool effect I must add.
    lool i don't even do keys anymore and i should to get more corrupted xD ahaha i'm just so lazy with pve atm. You know the feeling: hmm, i should do some m+ and the raid... aight, *searches for groups* meh.... i don't feel like it right now." It's that "leave it for later" but you never do later.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    I don't know which rock you've been living under, but there's been tons of rage every time an end-boss cutscene comes out and someone else gets the final kill. The biggest one I can remember is Deathwing in Cata, the forums were in an uproar for weeks after the cutscene, showing Thrall shooting Deathwing with the Dragon Soul as the final kill, got released.

I get that you just want to hate, but he's not saying "Oh boy, sure glad we put in wildly unbalanced corruption effects that consist of 30+% of your damage." He's saying that the core of the corruption system, the trading off annoying effects/damaging effects for more DPS, cleansing the bits you don't like etc, worked well and hit the goals they were going for.
    Nope, absolutely not remembering that. The major uproar with DS raid was reused assets and boring ambient, and the fact that we did not fight DW himself (at least in human form), but his claws and nails. Thrall shooting dragon ball laser granted him mantle of green Jesus and that was all.
    It had nothing to do with people saying we wanted the killing blow. Please stop twisting.

About the corruption, dude, they have literally replaced a terrible RNG with even a worse version! I see a pattern here to move into the SL. It is not based on hate, but frustration.

But you can defend BFA and Ion as much as you so desire. After all, everyone has their own standard level. I have already voted with my unsubscription.

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Nope, absolutely not remembering that. The major uproar with DS raid was reused assets and boring ambient, and the fact that we did not fight DW himself (at least in human form), but his claws and nails. Thrall shooting dragon ball laser granted him mantle of green Jesus and that was all.
    It had nothing to do with people saying we wanted the killing blow. Please stop twisting.

About the corruption, dude, they have literally replaced a terrible RNG with even a worse version! I see a pattern here to move into the SL. It is not based on hate, but frustration.

But you can defend BFA and Ion as much as you so desire. After all, everyone has their own standard level. I have already voted with my unsubscription.
    I fail to see how corruption is worse than TF.

with TF you wanted to TF every piece, while for corruption one good is enough.

Their happy with corruption? That is horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

You had ranks of titanforging as well, so add that as an RNG element.

With that said, I'm not fond of titanforging nor of corruption. I would rather see a way to upgrade pieces over time in a predetermined way, with harder content giving a faster route.

Also, the tuning of the corruptions as well as the heavy handed nerfing just makes the whole thing a fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post

Completely untrue.

While you'd want as many items to titanforge, you would also want to have as many corrupted items with best bonuses equipped as your resistance allows. A player that is content with a single corrupted item, would also be happy with single titanforged.

I hate this random gearing systems. I wish they would just go back to static rewards, which at very least provide a sense of reaching a goal, and then from there work on systems for gear upgrades, incorporating raids, dungeons, quests, WQs, professions, you name it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    lool i don't even do keys anymore and i should to get more corrupted xD ahaha i'm just so lazy with pve atm. You know the feeling: hmm, i should do some m+ and the raid... aight, *searches for groups* meh.... i don't feel like it right now." It's that "leave it for later" but you never do later.
    Got mediocre, but I have rank 3 + rank 1 TD in bank, + I got a rank 2 mind flay + had a rank 3 in bank from before. EV is now my 4th worst rank 3 lol. What a nerf.

Criticizing muh WoW vidja game? "Armchair devs lole"
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by Enty View Post
    Completely untrue.

While you'd want as many items to titanforge, you would also want to have as many corrupted items with best bonuses equipped as your resistance allows. A player that is content with a single corrupted item, would also be happy with single titanforged.

I hate this random gearing systems. I wish they would just go back to static rewards, which at very least provide a sense of reaching a goal, and then from there work on systems for gear upgrades, incorporating raids, dungeons, quests, WQs, professions, you name it.
    The reason that systems like this are needed is for Mythic+ to be desirable to run.
    With set ilvl and nothing else you could be done with your Mythic+ best in slot in 1-2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Criticizing muh WoW vidja game? "Armchair devs lole"
    If your criticism has any substance i'll acknowledge it but "IoN TaLKs LaWYeR LiE'S" just makes you look stupid, like a frustrated armchair dev.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post

Corruption is worse because not only it is completely RNG in gaining, type and amount, but it has made ilvl meaningless.

And simpler question would be, why even we need corruption to begin with?
    The simplest answer is it is designed to keep people grinding. This makes it more sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    "- Overall Ion is happy with how N'zoth turned out as a final boss."

I think this speaks volumes to the level of content we can expect going forward. I.e. shit.
    Not defending Ion but he did say they have different criteria about bosses than the players do. He said he thinks according to that criteria it was a successful boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    The reason that systems like this are needed is for Mythic+ to be desirable to run.
    With set ilvl and nothing else you could be done with your Mythic+ best in slot in 1-2 weeks.
    I understand that, but i believe if they tried, they would come up with more involved, interesting and less RNG systems.

Eg. mythic+ dropping some sort of augments, that would help overcome certain affixes for that week. Or crafting reagents for gear upgrades, sockets, etc. Like, higher key completed, higher chance for reward. Sure, this is also RNG, but this is more in line with actual dungeon drops. Please note, that i am now throwing ideas out of my head, which, i am sure, have flaws, but i do believe devs, with proper resources and mindset, are capable of coming up with such systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Enty View Post
    Completely untrue.

err.. what?

I play a tank and I'm happy with a single high rolled EV, because having high corruption is a pain when you ride the wheelchair.

With titanforging I would have to get lucky with 10 slots.

If you want to be competitive you are "forced" (you know what I mean) to sim every last piece of gear you get now. He doubles down on this. RNG has been jacked up exponentially. Didn't he say that going forward this wasn't going to happen?

How do you guys let him get away with this? The only explanation is that people identify so strongly with "being a raider" and see Ion as "our man at Blizz, and he's running the show" that they completely miss the bigger picture. It's like a cult of personality.

It is a demonstrable fact of WOW that players care less and less about "competitive raiding" and the direction the game has gone with RNG and "forced" simming is exactly one of the reasons. It's all so arbitrary. WOW has become more and more like an Ameritrash genre boardgame where luck trumps actual ability. I certainly don't speak for everyone, let alone most MMOC devotees, but I'm a lifelong player, mythic since it was introduced, and due to these new developments I've completely stopped caring about minmaxxing, which used to be the bright spot in the game, and by extension, competitive raiding, period. I can't seriously picture myself exerting that much effort into the horrible joke that is BFA, call me crazy.

People shooting for world first are not heroes, worthy of adulation. They are cautionary tales, suffering from buyer's remorse and Stockholm Syndrome.

Yet.... Ion hyperfocuses and doubles down on competitive raiding, because that's where he came from. Meanwhile, PVP has been left to die on the vine. Many people PVP in the game but it's a shadow of its former self. There was also an entire subset of the game that focussed on WPVP, some US realms such as Bleeding Hollow and Emerald Dream were centered on it, and that's long dead. Those servers are no longer fun, or even that populated.

I simply don't think competitive raiding is enough to carry the game.

No one will deny Ion is a great raid dev. He encapsulates the mindset. It was a mistake, though, to make him head of all of WOW. It would be like making Trump a leader not just of inbred imbeciles, but the entire USA (LOL)

I remember when WOW was much, much larger and diverse, and lately it feels like it has become a Ion/Method Josh/Preach circle jerk. It's videos like this that explain to me why, judging from my admittedly anecdotal friends list, Classic has more players than the sinking ship of Retail.

As a sidenote, this reminds me of when Reign of Chaos was shut down in Warcraft 3 in 2018, and many Frozen Throne players jeered us RoC players for complaining. Then Reforged came out, and it was a shitshow all around. TFT players were blindsided, their hero Senior Producer Pete Stillwell was gonna lead them to the promised land. Yet everyone (besides the very few ultracasual clueless Blizzfans) got screwed in the end. But RoC players saw this coming. The canaries in the proverbial coalmine.
    Now sub in Ion for Pete and you get my analogy.
    Lesson being, if a company doesn't care about hemorrhaging a large section of its playerbase, it will probably treat the remaining part with the same callous disregard and the whole body will suffer. And because Blizzard now is on a phone game deathtrip and just monetize you to death with a blind eye turned towards long term survival. A gamer will get that, an accountant will have no clue.
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2020-02-12 at 09:30 AM.

Another nothing interview where we are basically told that he sticks with all the shit decisions he's made over the past 3-4 years and will carry on with that same philosophy.

Why does he always talk like a robot that's been pre-programmed with a script rather than a human being? Everything about him is just wrong. It's probably the reason why he thinks he's doing a great job. Hard to empathise with the players when they're human and you're some kind of cyborg.

Quote Originally Posted by Runstarr View Post
    - No plans for raids opening at the same time

Aight, F U Ion.
    How does it even affect you lmao. This is like, the most minimal thing to care about in the current state of this game.
    Last edited by durrtygoodz; 2020-02-12 at 08:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.