Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Prove it. How do you know they didn't have permission? Oh you can't? Thought so.
    You made the statement blizzard agreed to it, the burden of proof is on you. I'll give you a hint from the EULA:

Cloud Computing: Use the Platform, including a Game, in connection with any unauthorized third-party “cloud computing” services, “cloud gaming” services, or any software or service designed to enable the unauthorized streaming or transmission of Game content from a third-party server to any device.
    Now have fun proving it was ever authorized. Blizzard literally did a ban wave on people using it months ago, likely just realized wtf was going on and told nvidia to take the shit down. It's not complicated my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Literally irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
    It's literally the same concept. Net cafes have gaming computers you played whatever games on... GFN allowed you to play games via cloud.

They ain't stealing money from the game devs/publishers at all... it's just a platform to play games through. They ain't providing the games itself...

If anything making games more accessible would increase their customer base. This is just yet ANOTHER move of shooting themselves in the foot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then don't instantly pull them from GeForce without giving a warning to the community or a valid reason why. Also offer an alternative or an apology. It's pretty common sense if you actually care about your community.
    You aren't entitled to a reason, a valid reason or anything in this case. However, its absolutely a valid reason that its Blizzard's IP and they can allow or disallow access to it from anyone, at any time. You not liking it doesn't invalidate Blizzard's reasons, or not reasons at all.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2020-02-12 at 09:17 AM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Of course Activision Blizzard has the right to do this, nothing unfair, illegal or immoral about it. But I don't understand the business side of it yet. All third party projects will of course be shut down. They make their own product based on the intellectual property of ActiBlizz, and it might contain all kinds of shit that will hurt the company. It might also be a competitor to their own products. But GFN just enables more people to play the official game, that you have to buy, that you have to download. No cheats, no unauthorized middle-man, just graphics rendered somewhere else. Maybe it's just a red tape issue, which will be solved once the lawyers have chewed on it a bit.
    The bold is exactly what it is. You can't use someones property without their permission and when most companies find out about it(large ones with legal teams anyways) they will shut things like this down.

Truthfully it could of also cost blizzard money when it was triggering their ban bots with a few ban waves on people using it. I doubt all of them used it as their only way to play the game, and they where banned and no longer playing WoW due to it so there is that as well.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-02-12 at 09:17 AM.

Why would they do this to hurt their name even more after the Warcraft 3 debacle barely a week ago? I'm genuinely pissed.
    There could be a multitude of reasons that we'll never know. Such as licensing fees Nvidia might not want to play, etc. I know WoW's ToS doesn't allow for cloud gaming like this so it being on there would be odd to begin with and possible account closure. Perhaps they were afraid of exploits and things in their online games as well.

Then don't instantly pull them from GeForce without giving a warning to the community or a valid reason why. Also offer an alternative or an apology. It's pretty common sense if you actually care about your community.
    Sorry, but this reeks of entitlement. Blizzard/Activision or any other company doesn't need to get anyone a warning or reason as to why. They don't need to offer an alternative or apology. It's their IP and property. That doesn't mean you can dislike it happening, but they don't owe anything in return. The only thing that matters is between the two companies involved and why. Clearly there was a reason that caused Nvidia to remove them and that's as much as we need to know. The ins and outs of why isn't our business.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-02-12 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    It's literally the same concept.
    It's not, read my EULA quote. I'm not gonna humor the apples to oranges comparison cause that's all I'm seeing right here.

Happened with Netflix, Disney pulling out to have Disney+, etc.
    And I hate disney+ for it too. I understand it's their work and they can do what they want with it but I don't have to like it.
    Now I have to pirate Marvel work, le sigh, these first world problems are tough.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

You made the statement blizzard agreed to it, the burden of proof is on you. I'll give you a hint from the EULA:

Now have fun proving it was ever authorized. Blizzard literally did a ban wave on people using it months ago, likely just realized wtf was going on and told nvidia to take the shit down. It's not complicated my friend.
    I said they've known about it for years and didn't pull their games from it, yet they get pulled a week after they partner with Google and gave the community zero warning about it, explanation, or apology. Far from saying I know they agreed to being on GeForce Now, but it's more likely they were working with Blizzard than not.

Not to mention this is even worse for Activisions very rapidly deteriorating brand image on top of the Warcraft 3 fiasco last week and the mountain of garbage over the last few years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Not wanting to derail the thread, but if you buy a Mac you kinda know you aren't going to be playing games.
    You're right, which is why for about the last 2 years I've been relying on GeForce now to play games on my computer and more than happy to pay just $5 a month to do it when it launched.

It's an excellent computer for basically everything else outside of gaming.

I said they've known about it for years and didn't pull their games from it
    Again, I don't see any proof of this. Blizzard literally banned people for playing their games on it.

yet they get pulled a week after they partner with Google
    A deal to stream their esports on youtube which literally has jack shit to do with any of this and is you grasping at straws.

and gave the community zero warning about it, explanation, or apology.
    It's not their place to, Nvidia is the company that streamed their property without being authorized to do so. Blame nvidia for selling you snake oil, most people have said this would happen since the service was first announced years ago.

Far from saying I know they agreed to being on GeForce Now, but it's more likely they were working with Blizzard than not.
    They where working with blizzard? Again, blizzard banned people playing on it. Please stop.

Not to mention this is even worse for Activisions very rapidly deteriorating brand image on top of the Warcraft 3 fiasco last week and the mountain of garbage over the last few years.
    Ah dear child, you think the vocal minority is hurting the big bad activision in the wallet. That's cute, but for the minor revenue they lose to any of this they will just fire an employee or 2 and call it even.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    There could be a multitude of reasons that we'll never know. Such as licensing fees Nvidia might not want to play, etc. I know WoW's ToS doesn't allow for cloud gaming like this so it being on there would be odd to begin with and possible account closure. Perhaps they were afraid of exploits and things in their online games as well.

Sorry, but this reeks of entitlement. Blizzard/Activision or any other company doesn't need to get anyone a warning or reason as to why. They don't need to offer an alternative or apology. It's their IP and property. That doesn't mean you can dislike it happening, but they don't owe anything in return. The only thing that matters is between the two companies involved and why. Clearly there was a reason that caused Nvidia to remove them and that's as much as we need to know. The ins and outs of why isn't our business.
    Not really in this case. It's simply good public relations. It hurts their brand image not doing it.

Not really in this case. It's simply good public relations. It hurts their brand image not doing it.
    It doesn't hurt them by not doing it either except for only a few people who feel they deserve them an explanation. If that was the case a ton of other companies would be apologizing, etc when they pull their products from things.

It doesn't hurt them by not doing it either except for only a few people who feel they deserve them an explanation. If that was the case a ton of other companies would be apologizing, etc when they pull their products from things.
    Which all good companies do?

Yeah, was reading that article too on PC Gamer.

Maybe they want to start their own streaming service. Happened with Netflix, Disney pulling out to have Disney+, etc.

It shall be known as ActiPlay!
    I can see that happening. If so, they could use Battle.net for that.
    Imagine you get Battle.net apps for all kind of devices, like mobile, tablets, even gameconsoles. You simply log in to the Battle.net Launcher for your device and you can start playing. They probably add a streaming subscription to cover for the server costs.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post

So GFN doesn't wrap their launcher? Because they do that for steam. So far, I've only played steam games on GFN.
    Blizzard will have an easier time managing their games on their own launcher rather then on another launcher. Its as simple as that. If there is another reason, I would love to hear it. All I can find is issues with it running properly on GeForce Now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    You are wrong.
    Without elaboration on this statement, you are incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Which all good companies do?
    You are grossly misinformed about the real world if you think that is the case. Again people who expect this stuff feel like they are entitled to it. Companies don't owe you anything.

Honestly it's crazy that people think "brand image" of a vocal minority of core gamers on the internet matters. EA has literally existed for 37 years and for the last 15 have been down right hated by these same people. Yet somehow they stay a successful company with absolutely no threat of going under ever. Activision Blizzard is the new hot villain on the block and yet they will still make their money and these people aren't changing anything with their outrage.

OP, you can use https://shadow.tech ...until they ban Blizzard games

It's a whole PC in the cloud, not just for games.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Are you suggesting its not constructive to suggest people do something else with their money instead of throwing it at Blizzard if they are unhappy with what Blizzard is doing?
    Actually it’s not. It doesn’t open up the room to conversation, it’s purely to just stop the conversation. Even this reply shows how far you have fallen. Have you grown that cynical over time?

Again, I don't see any proof of this. Blizzard literally banned people for playing their games on it.

A deal to stream their esports on youtube which literally has jack shit to do with any of this and is you grasping at straws.

It's not their place to, Nvidia is the company that streamed their property without being authorized to do so. Blame nvidia for selling you snake oil, most people have said this would happen since the service was first announced years ago.

They where working with blizzard? Again, blizzard banned people playing on it. Please stop.

Ah dear child, you think the vocal minority is hurting the big bad activision in the wallet. That's cute, but for the minor revenue they lose to any of this they will just fire an employee or 2 and call it even.

What a bullshit assumption or even a lie. I literally see 3 threads overall of people stating they have been banned for using GeForce Now and you come here and spread "OH BLIZZARD IS BANNIG ALL THAT USE IT", Perhaps they were trolls, it never came that to mind?

I have been using GeForce Now for WoW when it first was enlisted and I never been banned. I have contacted many GM's (research) regarding this issue and they've stated that it's fine using Nvidia, since it is a known vendor.

Shit, I can't remember which Blizzcon was it, but Blizzard had advertising Ads on Nvidia Now everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    "OH BLIZZARD IS BANNIG ALL THAT USE IT"
    ctrl F "all" and show me where it was in my post. Until then, you have no retort.