Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    I am amazed of the amount of people who think Ion is the godking of wow and makes every call alone.

And meanwhile my friendlist shows everyone moving from classic back to retail, which is why evidence like this is no evidence.
    Are you saying there is a secret cabal behind the scenes making all the important decisions telling Game Director Ion to double down on RNG? That "Game Director" is a ceremonial title? Kotick and Adham get Ion on he phone and dictate to him more ways to screw up the game?
    You are being willfully blind.
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2020-02-12 at 09:38 AM.

Yes, and I repeat, how on earth is it harder to land a good corruption out of 19 to ANY of the 8 slots that can corrupt than landing titanforge on most of the 10 slots that can TF?
    You guys make it sound that getting single corrupted items completes your gearing process for the remainder of the expansion. Which i do not think is the case.

Oh, and about RNG.

Since 8.3 i did not have a single corrupted item drop with EV or Stars or any other good effect. All i got are passive haste and versa increases. In the same time i had multiple items titanforge to quite high levels. So there's your RNG.

If you got lucky, does not mean it is the same for everyone else and it does not make system good.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Another nothing interview where we are basically told that he sticks with all the shit decisions he's made over the past 3-4 years and will carry on with that same philosophy.

Why does he always talk like a robot that's been pre-programmed with a script rather than a human being? Everything about him is just wrong. It's probably the reason why he thinks he's doing a great job. Hard to empathise with the players when they're human and you're some kind of cyborg.

How does it even affect you lmao. This is like, the most minimal thing to care about in the current state of this game.
    The interview is about RWF, the RWF will never be fair until they launch them at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Enty View Post
    You guys make it sound that getting single corrupted items completes your gearing process for the remainder of the expansion. Which i do not think is the case.
    It does, you just dont know how gearing with corruption works so you arent reading, and you are one of those butthurts "i have to get my bis corruption or this game sucks".

The corruption system is made to be played around with, the logical counterpart is when you are progressing, you keep it under 39 cause the eye is a joke to counter, as weeks pass, you gonna reach 60 resistance, which means you can wear a T3 +T1 without really caring, and a T3+T2 with paying attention to the eye.

Or you can goof around on easier content with 2xT3s and having 60-80 corruption.

You didnt get something ? Stop crying and adapt your char, i clearly doubt it you are a 95% + parse player , even those crying barely get to whine about it cause it doesnt matter, you got what you got, adapt.

Oh, and about RNG.

Since 8.3 i did not have a single corrupted item drop with EV or Stars or any other good effect. All i got are passive haste and versa increases. In the same time i had multiple items titanforge to quite high levels. So there's your RNG.

If you got lucky, does not mean it is the same for everyone else and it does not make system good.
    cool samplesize there buddy.

Thought we were talking about the actual math behind it but I suppose one persons experience over a few weeks is more reliable source.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinelf View Post
    Are you saying there are is a secret cabal behind the scenes making all the important decisions telling Game Director Ion to double down on RNG? That "Game Director" is a ceremonial title? Kotick and Adham get Ion on he phone and dictate to him more ways to screw up the game?
    Why the f'ck is everything of controversial game design directly the evil greedy's publishers fault?

There needs to be a longterm system thanks to mythic+, it's okay if you don't like it, i don't like it too, but the devs call the shots and even for them it's always a bit of a gamble when implementing these systems.

Edit: and just to remember everyone since apparently you can't do that enough on this site: different players like different stuff for different reasons, even if you have a high consensus on this site on basically anything that doesn't mean it is the will of the majority.
    Last edited by Caprias; 2020-02-12 at 09:42 AM.

cool samplesize there buddy.

Thought we were talking about the actual math behind it but I suppose one persons experience over a few weeks is more reliable source.
    Your's is as laughable.

"I got 1 good item, and i am happy"

Your's is as laughable.

"I got 1 good item, and i am happy"
    Sure, if you ignore the part where I wrote not about my personal preference but about the chances to get sufficiently good rolls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machinelf View Post
    Are you saying there is a secret cabal behind the scenes making all the important decisions telling Game Director Ion to double down on RNG? That "Game Director" is a ceremonial title? Kotick and Adham get Ion on he phone and dictate to him more ways to screw up the game?
    Technically there is, it's the team that plans this stuff.
    It's secret because people are dumb enough to think Ion is sitting on a golden throne at blizzard HQ telling people to do things how he alone sees fit.
    Last edited by Ghostile; 2020-02-12 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Which is why I think the answer is, there should be far fewer effects. Like 6-8 at most.
    Yeah, and they should either all be defensive or all offensive/throughput. Having "avoidance based on haste" compete with damage is mindblowingly idiotic, and they claimed they learned their lesson from legiondaries.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You are so adorably clueless.

And how can you not know what it means?
    I was confused because you're saying he's an elitist and doesn't listen to the 99%. But I'd argue that is exactly who he's designed the game for.

Take class design. The 99% don't give a shit if their spec is designed well. They wouldn't even know if their spec was designed well. The vast majority of this player base are what's referred to as "cyclical players", it means they re-sub when a patch comes out to check out new content but only pay for one or two months before unsubbing until the next one.

These types of players drag abilities to their bar and press things that light up. The more glowy buttons for them to whack the better. Depth is not one of their concerns.

And that's only class design. I'm not even getting started on anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    He is an ex-top raider from past games and early years of WoW, the reason mmo-champion exists is because his own forum went inactive and the theorycrafting transitioned here when data mining started, before all of you LFR heroes even had a clue this place existed as a concept.
    I know exactly who he is, and if you're going to call me an LFR-hero you should really back it up with your in game accomplishments, since there's an almost 100% chance I have more top 10 kills on end bosses than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Runstarr View Post
    The interview is about RWF, the RWF will never be fair until they launch them at the same time.
    The time difference hasn't really ever made a difference to the outcome of the race. NA never won even with their headstart. It's only now with streaming that people are talking about it as an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

What is the point of comparing TF/WF to corruption slot machine lol.

With TF there is no negative outcome, you can only go up.

With corruption, there are like handful of useful ones out of like what 19 possible corruptions? and they have to be high rank too, to be even considered usable. Why do you think ppl still doing world quest that rewards 415 ilvl shit just to have a shot at them? Because they are god damn rare that's why.

I have never cursed in front of my PC as much when i see a trinket drop from weekly m+ chest 3 week in a row.

Ion once again making a lot of sense and explaining everything with good arguments. He should do this more often and on less obscure sites. A lot more people would probably understand the design decisions better and have their confusions dispelled. When Blizzard doesn't speak, youtube whiners do instead

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    - They're happy with how Corruption is playing out, especially how it made gearing more interesting - obviously, it's not going to carry over to Shadowlands in the exact same form, but they're looking forward to the future without Warforging/Titanforging.
    Can I get a refund for my Shadowlands pre-order?

PS : thanks for making this summary.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    N'Zoth while perfectly tuned was just a boring boss really to watch on Mythic. First phase was a snooze fest, the second phase just repeats twice and then you have a small phase with an add.

I mean out of all the end raid bosses, this one really was the most underwhelming in recent times...

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks a lot for the summary and transcript!

Well trained corporate lawyer indeed. Just look at how he spouts BS without even blinking lol

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    The time difference hasn't really ever made a difference to the outcome of the race. NA never won even with their headstart. It's only now with streaming that people are talking about it as an issue.
    It hasn't made a difference, yes, but it could've, and it's more fair for both parties, while EU accuse NA for headstart and NA accuse EU of copying strats until the start so why would he oppose launching at the same time.

I somehow agree with everything Ion has stated, except that final cutscene 'emphasize player character' argument. But that's subjective, just feel like grand spectacle with more focus on lore characters with players as a background would have been much better. Again, IMO.

I really hope Corruption does not carry over to Shadowlands in this State. Corruption atm is exactly like those Legendaries in Legion ther are 1-2 which do really DPS 1-2 are meh and the others are Garbage. Its by no means fun IF you manage to get a Corruption (I managed to get 2 Corruption total out of 25 Pieces) and drew 2 Blanks.
    Sure I can purge them but from dps site it sucks to know you depend on luck for that.