Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Or you know. Jussie can just plead guilty and accept the consequences.
    He's already in too deep, unless there is some sort of deal I don't see him pleading guilty. Just have the trial.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Vengeance, justice, and to warn other assholes thinking about doing it that they will be prosecuted
    Vengeance for who for what? If you want pay back for spending money and time on it you’d be an idiot to waste even more money and time for some nonsense sense of vengeance.

Justice for what? No one was actually wronged at most you can say it was a waste of tax payers money but then even more money is being wasted so it’s a mute point.

And no one is going to be warned off from doing something similar that’s just not how criminals think and never has been at most people will try harder not to be caught.

Even if they were to just fine him it’s pretty clear the guys a dick and would fight and waste more money instead of paying it. This whole thing has just become one guy wasting time/money and then the government wasting more to get nothing done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Vengeance for who for what? If you want pay back for spending money and time on it you’d be an idiot to waste even more money and time for some nonsense sense of vengeance.

Justice for what? No one was actually wronged at most you can say it was a waste of tax payers money but then even more money is being wasted so it’s a mute point.

And no one is going to be warned off from doing something similar that’s just not how criminals think and never has been at most people will try harder not to be caught.

Even if they were to just fine him it’s pretty clear the guys a dick and would fight and waste more money instead of paying it. This whole thing has just become one guy wasting time/money and then the government wasting more to get nothing done.
    Did you forget the part where Smollett tried to frame innocent people and was prepared to lie and falsely identify them? I mean that literally, there were articles about how the police asked him to come in and offer a positive ID on the two suspects they arrested and he went in fully intent on pointing the finger at two innocent people... Only to have the police bamboozle him because the two suspects they had in custody were in fact the two brothers he paid to falsify the crime against himself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Did you forget the part where Smollett tried to frame innocent people and was prepared to lie and falsely identify them? I mean that literally, there were articles about how the police asked him to come in and offer a positive ID on the two suspects they arrested and he went in fully intent on pointing the finger at two innocent people... Only to have the police bamboozle him because the two suspects they had in custody were in fact the two brothers he paid to falsify the crime against himself.
    Ya there was no attempted framing that’s pure speculation on your part. There is no more to prove that he would have said two random people were positive id’s then there is to say he was going to say they were false id’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I don't know why they are dragging this out. We've been told all the evidence this is fake is there, no one doubts he lied, just have the trial and be over with it.
    Because it could be more than Smollet.

He had meetings with Cory Booker and Kamala Harris (Who he seems to have known a while) December 21-January 18, 2019 about how he could help publicise and boost public support for the Justice for Victims of Lynching Act.

Given the timing of the Death threat sent to himself (January 22) straight after these talks, and then the "attack" on him (January 29) which all created a big swell of public anger and support for the bill to pass on the 14th Feb, it's highly likely it was at least part of the motivation for him to stage this.

Booker and Harris both described identically as "an attempted modern-day lynching" and lauded it throughout as evidence of why the bill should become law.

Did they all plan it together to increase support? Well, it was incredibly convenient for them, and we'd know they'd discussed with him to help promote the bill, but I don't know if they knew Smollet was going to do something quite so ridiculous.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

This is really still ongoing? What’s even the point any more are they just wasting time/money because they are upset he wasted time/money? I mean what’s to be gained this far in?
    So people should be allowed to fake hate crimes and get away with it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    So people should be allowed to fake hate crimes and get away with it?
    If there are no victims and more is lost pressing the matter then letting it go I’d say ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya there was no attempted framing that’s pure speculation on your part. There is no more to prove that he would have said two random people were positive id’s then there is to say he was going to say they were false id’s.
    He literally told the police his attackers were white.

7+ Year Old Account
    And? No one was actually accused there were no victims of any attempted framing and we have no way to know what he would have said if they just brought in two random people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Vengeance, justice, and to warn other assholes thinking about doing it that they will be prosecuted
    No bullshit.

It was an over reaction to begin with based on the claims made by Jussie, that has NOTHING to do with Jussie, who I believed and still believe like ALL victims should be given the benefit of the doubt meaning taken seriously and "Investigated."

They did, the cops did what they were paid to do working as intended.

There is not vengeance required. If someone has a claim you take it seriously, you don't OVER react as a way of compensating.

We know something happened, we know Jussie Lied, we don't know why he lied, and we don't know if those he allegedly paid, if they are lying also. I mean if they already fucking agreed to take part in this bullshit, then they should be taken seriously.

But another fucking overreaction isn't the answer. That is why I think this was dropped, because the cops fucked up all around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    With the Chicago DA in the cross hairs. I doubt it. Chicago got enough backlash when they let him go the first time. I know Chicago PD is angry at him for wasting their time.

On a side note I don't see an apology from you yet @adamjenson I was 100٪ right when I said he staged it. Man up and admit it.
    Nothing to man up about, Jussie Lied, what human being doesn't?

The evidence that Jussie made ALL of it up is based on the word of known liars of those involved if they are to believed, and corrupt criminal justice system that dropped the case.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

By your logic, fake bomb threats should be ok if there's no victim and they would end up spending more time investigating in than not. Holy fuck that is classic!!

By your logic, fake bomb threats should be ok if there's no victim and they would end up spending more time investigating in than not. Holy fuck that is classic!!
    What the hell are you talking about? He's saying that Jussie should be prosecuted. and yes fake bomb threats should be prosecuted as well.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    If trump did thisnyoud he calling for his head.
    Presidents reporting false crimes is the same as a citizen reporting false crimes? You have low standards for the ruler of a country...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You can't seriously ignore that he was a celebrity with lots of influence that spreads other people with influence? This wasn't some nobody. Why are you apologizing for this criminal?
    I don’t believe celebrities should be treated differently than normal people for committing similar crimes. Being a celebrity shouldn’t garner a harsher penalty. How is that fair???

What does “apologising” mean to you? Saying what he did is wrong and illegal and what happened with his case is what typically happens with this crime is apologising???? How dare I state facts?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I don’t believe celebrities should be treated differently than normal people for committing similar crimes. Being a celebrity shouldn’t garner a harsher penalty. How is that fair???

What does “apologising” mean to you? Saying what he did is wrong and illegal and what happened with his case is what typically happens with this crime is apologising???? How dare I state facts?
    And since trump is a celebrity he should be treated equally then right?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Presidents reporting false crimes is the same as a citizen reporting false crimes? You have low standards for the ruler of a country...

- - - Updated - - -

He isn't getting treated any differently in the eyes of the law other than the prosecutor was giving him special treatment. We're talking about why we're treating it differently socially because what he did has a high social impact.

Would you be defending him if it was a trump supporter faking a hate crime? I am guessing no.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? He's saying that Jussie should be prosecuted. and yes fake bomb threats should be prosecuted as well.
    Replied to the wrong person, GG.

- - - Updated - - -

If there are no victims and more is lost pressing the matter then letting it go I’d say ya.

7+ Year Old Account
    I believe you were trying to reply to me.

As far as fake bomb threats go those tend to create victims rather that be schools forced to go into lock down airports canceling/delaying flights ect.

This also isn’t a case of investigation that’s already been done it’s a case of wasting money on prosecution.

I believe you were trying to reply to me.

As far as fake bomb threats go those tend to create victims rather that be schools forced to go into lock down airports canceling/delaying flights ect.

This also isn’t a case of investigation that’s already been done it’s a case of wasting money on prosecution.
    You create victims by trying to start a race war....

7+ Year Old Account
    You create victims by trying to start a race war....
    There are no tangible victims and no race war as far as I’m aware.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    He isn't getting treated any differently in the eyes of the law other than the prosecutor was giving him special treatment. We're talking about why we're treating it differently socially because what he did has a high social impact.

Would you be defending him if it was a trump supporter faking a hate crime? I am guessing no.
    Don’t make fucking guesses you wouldn’t have to if you just read and understood words you see

False report crimes are often dropped because pursuing them generally isn’t worth it. Period. This isn’t magically a partisan thing.