Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Matiketope View Post
    made the Thaddius jump.
    I feel like they nerfed that but I'm not 100% sure. I feel like you don't even have to jump now (on retail) you just run forward and you'll be fine. I may have done too much Skooma earlier though.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Winner winner chicken dinner.

There was a reason why OG Everquest players saw the demise of their game- Vanilla WoW was much easier and forgiving and a lot more casual friendly.
    Yep. I came from EQ, hit 60 in a week, everyone was like how the fuck did you do that? It took me a month.

I was like.. bruh. Ezmoade in comparison to EQ. I can solo multiple monsters at once in WoW and barely one in EQ. Like c'mon.

I miss EQ tho. Well, it's glory days.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I feel like they nerfed that but I'm not 100% sure. I feel like you don't even have to jump now (on retail) you just run forward and you'll be fine. I may have done too much Skooma earlier though.
    I believe that not many had the minor run speed buffed on their boots back then.

Congratulations Apes, stellar as usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Maybe they can poll the AI and figure out why their game sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by WashedUpRaider View Post
    I wouldnt say LFR is harder... Can you even wipe on LFR? And thats with no comms other than chat.
    To this day, I have nightmares with LFR Garalon...

I rejoined wow when people told me the gameplay was dynamic like Kingdom Hearts's no damage runs (Cataclysm) because The real difficulty of Vanilla and TBC was to be able to run 40man raids without serious issues.

But the race was nice to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Matiketope View Post
    The Temple of Ahn’qiraj
    To open the two Ahn'Qiraj raids the server had to cooperate through a world event which took a very long time to complete on some servers. C'thun is also one of the most memorable bosses from WoW and lived 113 days.
    Wasnt it also mathematically impossible and died the day it got nerfed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    *Gets angry at others*
    *Sends inappropriate abuse at others*
    "I'm not annoyed..."
    Abuse, wow. I guess we're soft skinned.

Other than that, what's hard for you to understand? I'm not either angry or annoyed, but a lot of people don't learn unless it's made obvious that something was wrong.

No lifer guild clears bwl in 30 minutes

tHaTs tHe nEw MeTa

Normal people will struggle. Our guild can't even muster up 40 people for a raid. People are already fatigued. Half of those ppl who raid with us have never played any of the classic content.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokesTooMuch View Post
    Wasnt it also mathematically impossible and died the day it got nerfed?
    C'thun was mathematically impossible for the dps people were doing at the time in vanilla. Considering Apes had people doing over 2k dps single target on some bosses, (Which is almost enough for Brutallus in Sunwell.) I'm gonna guess that pre fix C'thun would not be too hard for them. Would it be hard for most people? Sure, but it's not impossible in a general sense.

We actually have footage from pre fix C'thun btw. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYkqw6BjPcw

Compare that with C'thun from private servers. https://youtu.be/wZnlMyzCEOk?t=1279

The bug doesn't kick in until P2. P2 C'thun is about a 20 second phase under ideal conditions. The bug literally wouldn't even have time to get going.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2020-02-13 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Boys, its time to wrap up the meme that 'vanilla wuz hard.' We gave you the benefit of the doubt, because it was MC after all which was being 15 man pugged back in the day, but now its BWL.

43 minutes. By multiple guilds. Pugs are on boss 4 right now.

Imagine if Ny'alotha was cleared in 43 minutes.

This will happen in ZG.

This will happen in AQ 20.

This will happen in AQ 40.

This will happen in Naxxramas.

Vanilla is a joke. LFR raids are considerably harder than anything in Vanilla.
    People are executing already made strats with gear far better than was available back in the day and talent re-balancing. The hardest part of raids is figuring out the strategy being a video guild is much different. Also the biggest difference in comparison to something like lfr vs naxx is the sheer amount of damage compared to health pool. In naxx 40 there was more damage from mechanics than there was in naxx 25 with much smaller health pools. Again though it's just executing a video it's nothing compared to figuring out a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Ny'alotha WF race is over and it's time to another race.
    Original BWL lasted 3.5 months but with better experience it'll probably take 4-5 days.

What do you think will top Classic guilds gather to play in same place and have retail like event etc like we had in Ny'alotha and Molten Core race?
    We had Method hosting world first MC race but I haven't heard anything about them hosting BWL race.
    I'm literally dying from laughter. Everyone told you your 4-5 days is absolutely delusional, and yet you kept sticking to it. Well, here's your 4-5 days.

Obligatory CLASSIC IS HARD.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by WashedUpRaider View Post
    I wouldnt say LFR is harder... Can you even wipe on LFR? And thats with no comms other than chat.
    Wiping on LFR is definately possible, all in all you will not wipe much, however every once in a while there is a LFR boss where for some reason a lot of LFR groups have issues with.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post

tHaTs tHe nEw MeTa

Normal people will struggle. Our guild can't even muster up 40 people for a raid. People are already fatigued. Half of those ppl who raid with us have never played any of the classic content.
    500+ guilds have done it in about the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    People are executing already made strats with gear far better than was available back in the day and talent re-balancing. The hardest part of raids is figuring out the strategy being a video guild is much different. Also the biggest difference in comparison to something like lfr vs naxx is the sheer amount of damage compared to health pool. In naxx 40 there was more damage from mechanics than there was in naxx 25 with much smaller health pools. Again though it's just executing a video it's nothing compared to figuring out a boss.
    I guarantee you a guild like Apes or Calamity could unspec their talents and not use any of the gear that was not available at the time and all that would mean is they'd need to go a little slower, use some more consumables and they might have a wipe or two instead of just blitzing everything.

These bosses are not a few percent away from being difficult. They're an order of magnitude away from being difficult.

And once again, naxx is gonna fall the same way, and the 1.12 patch is nearly identical to 1.11.

The only way you could get close to the level of difficulty available in heroic raiding in retail, (Yes, heroic, not mythic.) would be to do naxx without talent points.

Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    C'thun was mathematically impossible for the dps people were doing at the time in vanilla. Considering Apes had people doing over 2k dps single target on some bosses, (Which is almost enough for Brutallus in Sunwell.) I'm gonna guess that pre fix C'thun would not be too hard for them. Would it be hard for most people? Sure, but it's not impossible in a general sense.

We actually have footage from pre fix C'thun btw. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYkqw6BjPcw

Compare that with C'thun from private servers. https://youtu.be/wZnlMyzCEOk?t=1279

The bug doesn't kick in until P2. P2 C'thun is about a 20 second phase under ideal conditions. The bug literally wouldn't even have time to get going.
    Again the patch is on 1.12 they are doing over double the dps they would be doing prior to the talent rebalance dungeon rebalance and various other damage changes. It was absolutely not doable on live Ion was one of the people who helped calculate this. DnT and Nihilum were way better than APES or the other video guilds that have been doing the same content for 15 years. Now could they hold a candle to the current Limit or Method absolutely not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post

tHaTs tHe nEw MeTa

A casual guild on our server that kills rag in 5 minutes (this is BAD) went 7/8 only wiping 4 times tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Boys, its time to wrap up the meme that 'vanilla wuz hard.' We gave you the benefit of the doubt, because it was MC after all which was being 15 man pugged back in the day, but now its BWL.

43 minutes. By multiple guilds. Pugs are on boss 4 right now.

Imagine if Ny'alotha was cleared in 43 minutes.

This will happen in ZG.

This will happen in AQ 20.

This will happen in AQ 40.

This will happen in Naxxramas.

Vanilla is a joke. LFR raids are considerably harder than anything in Vanilla.
    More like if BoD was cleared in 43 minutes wait we do that now. It's a speed clear it's not a world first race.

15+ Year Old Account
    That it would be easy was obvious but getting out of combat to drink and ress ppl at Nef etc. I do miss private servers now.

Guess Classic just turned into PvP from now on, doubt even Naxx will be an issue.

Then again Classic PvP is still miles more fun than PvE & PvP on live so I'm cool with it.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    You've forgotten what the question was about.

When/if naxx gets cleared day 1, on the 1.12 patch, which was its original patch, what will be your excuse then?
    That it's a fucking video guild. What takes time is developing strategies and testing them. If you have one that you know works it's just on whether or not your raid group has enough people with brains to execute it.