Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Your fault for listening to people like asmongold who had a vested monetary interest in hyping classic up.

There were no shortage of honest people, who actually played private servers who could tell you all about it.
    Asmongold constantly talks about how LFR is harder than classic raids. No classic streamer talks about the difficulty in raiding being a major perk of classic. Most of them meme on how easy it is compared to retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    I feel that the community kinda lied to the players that came in fresh. Classic was painted as this hardcore super difficult game compared to a dumbed down super easy retail when in reality it's the complete opposite. Classes have like two buttons to press if they're lucky and bosses have almost no mechanics.

Unless you're extremely horny for the best gear in the game with as little challenge as possible I can't really see how anyone could enjoy this version of raiding for very long. Struggle is kinda important for things to feel meaningful, even in a video game.
    The small leveling difference from retails 1-120 (70-80h) without cheesing (questing only) was made tiny to blow classics 1-60 (90-100d) out of proportion. The rest was pretty well known that it was the end-of-vanilla-patch with overnerfed content, overbuffed spells and classes with the gearsystem-2.0 from end of vanilla.

I get the frustration, people wanted the vanilla-1.0 experence and they got classic-LFR. The cruel part about it, is that some new-to-the-game players actually think this was vanilla 15 years ago. Sad and funny at the same time.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic has extremely little content if you're not a raider or a serious PvP:er, however I'm beginning to feel that the content it does have is way too easy. Raids are cleared the first reset by most guilds and then you're back to raid logging for farm raids that are almost as easy as LFR is in retail.
    It doesn't give you a sense of accomplishment and the character progression is extremely slow, with new gear upgrades coming at you about once a month.
    It's starting to feel like, what's the point if there's no challenge?
    It wasn't hard....I've been saying this for a long time, I played Vanilla. It wasn't hard it was just slow as solo and with a decent group you'll breeze through anything.

The people who were going on about Classic being hard were either fooling themselves or just wanted to hype it up for players who didn't know any better. The only raid that may have a chance of not being cleared on opening day is Naxx...and even then a guild like APES has had years of private experience and they could very well clear it same day too.

You can never go back....those words are true...you can't go back to Vanilla, there is only Classic now.

Imagine putting all this time and effort into gearing up and consumables when you don't even need it with these easy raids.

15 years ago was a different time, i'll never understand classic players now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic was never hard people were just unskilled back in the days. Who the hell was dooin SM or ZF in 3 pulls while leveling in vanilla? I dont remember things like spell cleave in vanill. This is 1st proof and sing that classic is piece of cake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla was easy. Why shouldn't Classic be, especially with everything that players have learned and improved at over the years?

Helps me a lot since it means I can be as ultra-casual as I want to be, a total far cry from how I was many years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Struggle is kinda important for things to feel meaningful, even in a video game.
    Not really. There's enough of a struggle in leveling to begin with, and while that struggle is mostly down to the amount of time needed to get up to 60 and not the difficulty, that's no different from life itself as jobs are exactly like that.

Above all else, nostalgia-focused remasters like Vanilla are meant for two types of people: those who want to experience what their forefathers (often literally their fathers) did, and the forefathers themselves who want to go back to simpler times, even if those times won't last forever. If I wanted a struggle, I'd be doing something else, something that is meant to give me a struggle. As it stands, after a long, tough week at work, a struggle is often the last thing I want, making Classic a great way to relax and unwind.

The"easy" meme is the only thing retail fanatics cling on

Yes its easy but that doesnt deny the fact that classic is hugely superior game to retail. Try to re release retai now in 15 years. 100 player max lol

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Fun Fact: Back when WoW was released, back in the age of FF11 and Everquest, it was considered "The casual MMO".
    What do you mean "back when"?
    It still is lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnacheV View Post
    The"easy" meme is the only thing retail fanatics cling on

Yes its easy but that doesnt deny the fact that classic is hugely superior game to retail. Try to re release retai now in 15 years. 100 player max lol
    Superior to retail ? Tbh retail and classic are good in some way both are really different. Classic is slow clunky and calm. Its like smooth and steady walk on the park. Retail is fast and loud its like death metal audition near the stage with head bangin etc.

I feel that the community kinda lied to the players that came in fresh. Classic was painted as this hardcore super difficult game compared to a dumbed down super easy retail when in reality it's the complete opposite. Classes have like two buttons to press if they're lucky and bosses have almost no mechanics.
    I'm actually pretty sure those coming into Classic/Vanilla fresh were the ones that ultimately produced those lies. It basically spawned from a very vocal community trying to both decry retail as this dying and unchallenging husk and hype up their run of vanilla content that they likely didn't play when it was current. I'm sure that seeing the time between raid launch and first kill for those old raids also encouraged that but so many things have changed including raid mentality, raid knowledge, and real world technology (internet and Blizz servers are frankly better and more consistent now than they were back then).

Classic is a perfectly fine nostalgia experience but it just isn't going to provide a real challenge in terms of raiding if you have been raiding in Legion or BfA. The primary reason I like having Classic around is that it is a much more calming experience at the end of a long day compared to logging into retail and pushing keys.
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2020-02-14 at 05:56 AM.

Classic has extremely little content if you're not a raider or a serious PvP:er, however I'm beginning to feel that the content it does have is way too easy. Raids are cleared the first reset by most guilds and then you're back to raid logging for farm raids that are almost as easy as LFR is in retail.
    It doesn't give you a sense of accomplishment and the character progression is extremely slow, with new gear upgrades coming at you about once a month.
    It's starting to feel like, what's the point if there's no challenge?
    It's hard to imagine people being this dumb but they do exist. This topic has been beaten into the ground for a couple years now, and yet here folks are still asking if classic is easy. It was easy then, its easier now. Fucking duh

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    people wiping the floor with BWL in 42 minutes is proof in the pudding. Sorry/not sorry.

How long would it take Mythic World First guilds to clear LFR AFTER they've been farming the Mythic version? Because that's the comparison you're making here. You're talking about the BEST guilds in the world who have been farming BWL for 15 years.

Give guilds 15 years to farm ANY of the raids WoW has to offer, and I guarantee they're going to steam roll it when the 'Classic' version of that is released too. In 15 years, the current raids will also be one shottable on their first attempt by guilds that played them on private servers the entire time.

I can build a functioning helicopter in my backyard on weekends over the course of a month. So 200 years ago, building a helicopter must not have been hard either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Anyone comparing a guild like APES (With multiple R10+ characters, completely min-maxed) to LFR players in retail and claiming that means LFR is harder is unequivocally wrong. Olympus took what, 4 hours to clear BWL? That's about what I'd expect from most people. Few wipes here and there.

Hardest content for hardest content? Absolutely - Mythic raiding is infinitely more difficult. Heroic is most likely more difficult. Maybe even the last 2 bosses of any raid in Normal are more difficult than anything in Vanilla.

The challenge has always been the timesink required to get that best in slot stuff. It's why everyone was so excited for it - they could be better simply by spending more time than their opponent in WoW. It was part of the magic back then. It made less-skilled players feel very skilled because of the amount of time they invested.

LOL.. Heroic is most likely more difficult? No. Heroic IS more difficult. I would argue NORMAL is more difficult. BWL is about as difficult as LFR. Even LFR has more mechanics. I called it months ago. Most of the people on my friends list who talked about classic being the best thing since sliced bread migrated back to retail within about 2 months. Nobody cares about classic or the "world first bwl" that took 40 minutes. In another week after the BWL nostalgia has worn off nobody is going to care about watching classic on twitch again either.
    Last edited by avx81; 2020-02-14 at 06:09 AM.

Yes, it is. But you can't fix it because NoOoOo ChAnGeS HuRrRrRrRr..

The brainlets would cry tears of blood if they buffed a boss to where it needs to be to be enjoying.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Unless you're extremely horny for the best gear in the game with as little challenge as possible I can't really see how anyone could enjoy this version of raiding for very long. Struggle is kinda important for things to feel meaningful, even in a video game.
    Lied? More like those people did not actually do any research. People also claimed for years that population on classic servers wouldn't tank and several people that actually played private servers besides Nost quickly pointed out what is now the reality. If you looked at any of the threads claiming Classic was going to be hardcore, it almost always had several others pointing out why that would not be the case.

I cannot even feel sympathy for people who believe they were misled. People have been saying verbatim for years what these servers would be like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Ahhh... no.

Vanilla WoW was always the casual easy-going MMO compared to those that came before it, and that is exactly why it blew up in popularity the way it did. There's a reason that Wrath (the most casual-friendly the game has ever been) had the biggest player base that the game has ever seen (12+ million people).

It was never some hardcore, difficult thing... and anyone who says otherwise is full of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. So many people omit this fact.
    wraths popularity is also proly due to the story,for some reason people just had a big ol boner for arthas,also the theme was cool (heh)

As cool as I think it would be if they add Classic+ to the game with Tier 3.5 and a new raid / pvp and stuff they never finished from Vanilla, I think the lazy way Blizzard is more likely to handle this is to just create Heroic versions of the existing Vanilla content. Adding a harder difficulty (like a new season for the end game, sort of) to keep Classic alive.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    There were no shortage of honest people, who actually played private servers who could tell you all about it.
    I feel like I saw way more people from private servers talking about how hardcore vanilla was and classic would be. Guess they got a reality check when they realized they weren't the elite of the elite for playing private servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    How long would it take Mythic World First guilds to clear LFR AFTER they've been farming the Mythic version? Because that's the comparison you're making here. You're talking about the BEST guilds in the world who have been farming BWL for 15 years.
    I know you're trying to argue but you actually helped make my point. Most of the difficulty of vanilla stemmed from A: we didn't know shit about the game compared to now, and B: whether or not you had enough resistance to survive this or that.

But mechanically? The fights are child's play compared to modern raid encounters. I know some of y'all are pro-Classic but at least be realistic about it - yes, it absolutely does some things better than the current game. But to say that Classic raids were harder is a straight-up farce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I feel like I saw way more people from private servers talking about how hardcore vanilla was and classic would be. Guess they got a reality check when they realized they weren't the elite of the elite for playing private servers.
    If anything it's the opposite: on many prominent private servers, the difficulty was actually bumped up. A fair few people didn't know that and were caught off-guard when Classic hit.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2020-02-14 at 06:41 AM.