Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabloish View Post
    If a majority of raiders stay in the lfr/normal range, like you pointed out, then explain to me how a large sum of them would also jump into heroic. Think about these statements really hard for a second. If a majority of them jumped into heroic, then heroic and normal would be the most popular raiding difficulties. But they aren’t, because they don’t. It’s really not that hard to comprehend.

A majority of league of legends players are stuck in silver. So me making the statement “a majority of these players never make it past silver and they never touch plat” is a pretty ‘dub’ statement to make.

As for the 10/25 man. No, it is not relevant to my statement. Even though a 10/25 man version of the raid may have been EASIER it’s still the exact same fights, just with different values. They aren’t a different difficulty. It is the same fight just scaled down to 10 players. Whether one happens to be easier than the other is irrelevant.
    To the bolded... no, because LFR is the most popular one, per the dev statements I've seen on the matter. The exact ratio that transition from N to H is not really known, and whenever it's the majority or not I doubt is very important personally. It happens because Heroic is also fairly popular, just less so than Normal and especially LFR.

And that's a pretty damn arbitrary distinction RE difficulty. Different tuning is still a different difficulty, and sometimes mechanics have to be changed to accommodate smaller raid sizes, albeit it's been so long I even set foot in Ulduar that I couldn't cite specifics. But judging by this weird standard of yours, LFR and Normal Denathrius are the same difficulty given that they have the same mechanics, just with varied tuning. That's not an opinion likely to be upheld by the majority, is all I'll say to that.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think people prefer the simpler gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    To the bolded... no, because LFR is the most popular one, per the dev statements I've seen on the matter. The exact ratio that transition from N to H is not really known, and whenever it's the majority or not I doubt is very important personally. It happens because Heroic is also fairly popular, just less so than Normal and especially LFR.

And that's a pretty damn arbitrary distinction RE difficulty. Different tuning is still a different difficulty, and sometimes mechanics have to be changed to accommodate smaller raid sizes, albeit it's been so long I even set foot in Ulduar that I couldn't cite specifics. But judging by this weird standard of yours, LFR and Normal Denathrius are the same difficulty given that they have the same mechanics, just with varied tuning. That's not an opinion likely to be upheld by the majority, is all I'll say to that.
    The transition from the lfr/normal to heroic specifics are also irrelevant here, the point I was making is that most people fall into the lfr/normal spectrum and most don’t even touch heroic (even you admitted this as blizzard had stated so) so my original point still holds true no matter what the specific number of people going from normal to heroic is. My point is that most do not touch them anyway, and then once they complete the difficulty of their choosing whatever it may be, do not decide to go onto the heroic version. And once again, if MOST people did do this, the numbers blizzard gave us would obviously have been way different.

And no lfr and normal are not the same but just different scaling. Lfr numbers are scaled down regardless of player size. So if a normal raid boss has 1mil health with 20 players, the lfr has 500k health with 20 players. This is completely different than a raid scaling down from a 25 to 10 man version.

You are really arguing the semantics of my argument without actually touching on the topic of the argument itself, which really just proves to me that you have nothing more to add to this. When you want to be done arguing semantics and want to touch on what I actually said then maybe I’ll reply again. Until then nty

Quote Originally Posted by Diabloish View Post
    The transition from the lfr/normal to heroic specifics are also irrelevant here, the point I was making is that most people fall into the lfr/normal spectrum and most don’t even touch heroic (even you admitted this as blizzard had stated so) so my original point still holds true no matter what the specific number of people going from normal to heroic is. My point is that most do not touch them anyway, and then once they complete the difficulty of their choosing whatever it may be, do not decide to go onto the heroic version. And once again, if MOST people did do this, the numbers blizzard gave us would obviously have been way different.

And no lfr and normal are not the same but just different scaling. Lfr numbers are scaled down regardless of player size. So if a normal raid boss has 1mil health with 20 players, the lfr has 500k health with 20 players. This is completely different than a raid scaling down from a 25 to 10 man version.

You are really arguing the semantics of my argument without actually touching on the topic of the argument itself, which really just proves to me that you have nothing more to add to this. When you want to be done arguing semantics and want to touch on what I actually said then maybe I’ll reply again. Until then nty
    The raid didn't just scale down, it was intentionally easier and gave loot that wasn't as good, that's a different difficulty. Your distinction doesn't make it a difference. The core of the argument rests on Ulduar having one difficulty which it didn't, although there was less of an incentive to progress from 10M to 25M as they were seen as different paths. Whenever that's a better model than current or not is in the eyes of the beholder obviously.

But fine, have it your way if correcting statements is semantics.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The raid didn't just scale down, it was intentionally easier and gave loot that wasn't as good, that's a different difficulty. Your distinction doesn't make it a difference. The core of the argument rests on Ulduar having one difficulty which it didn't, although there was less of an incentive to progress from 10M to 25M as they were seen as different paths. Whenever that's a better model than current or not is in the eyes of the beholder obviously.

But fine, have it your way if correcting statements is semantics.
    What you are arguing is literally semantics. So you admit you have nothing else to add besides this? Thanks for making this ‘argument’ an easy one lol