Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'm mixed, on the suit. I like the armoured look, at the symbol is great, but the cowl looks wrong...

I'm hoping that's an angle issue, though. And I have a lot of faith in Patterson as an actor and Reeves as a director. So I'm still fairly hopeful about this.
    The forehead/brow ridge looks massive...no idea why. It's not like Pattinson is a neanderthal.

I think it also doesn't cover enough of his cheek/jawline compared to what we're used to seeing:

I get why they never cover his eyes when he's got the cowl on (because ACTING!!!), it just would have been nice to see them try it for once (outside of niche situations like the sonar thing in TDK).
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2020-02-14 at 01:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Rumor is this will be early Batman, drawing inspiration for Batman: Year One so him being more slim and agile rather than a walking tank makes sense.
    Makes sense. The costume definitely has a Batman: Year One" vibe to it. It looks prototypical yet functional. My interest has officially been piqued.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Is it me or does it seem like they took some inspiration from Arkham Knight's Batman costume?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Is it me or does it seem like they took some inspiration from Arkham Knight's Batman costume?
    I mean...your options for live-action suits are either "body armor" or "muscle suit." Since it seems unlikely we're ever going back to Burton's "molded plastic" look.

Shame, I really liked Ben Affleck as Batman. He was giant and intimidating, brooding yet compassionate even if "MAAARTHAAAAAAAAAA"-scene was pure cringe.

I also love Henry Cavill as Superman, best one to date, but guess he too will be replaced in the shitshow that is DC's cinematic universe...

Not judging Pattionson however, he's playing a younger Batman + he's a damned good actor when not given shite material such as Twilight... I still remember spitting some coke cherry when he stepped into the sunlight and sparkled...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I mean...your options for live-action suits are either "body armor" or "muscle suit." Since it seems unlikely we're ever going back to Burton's "molded plastic" look.
    Which one was it that had nipples though...

As long as they don't go back to that one, I'll be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post

These ones ?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....OL._SY450_.jpg
    https://img-4.linternaute.com/oEMwdM...e/10660777.jpg

(removed links)

That's weird af but I kinda like Batman&Robin suits lol

https://i0.wp.com/www.superpouvoir.c...0%2C1080&ssl=1
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2020-02-14 at 01:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    It reminds me of Daredevil's. Not that I care per se, all that really matters to me is whether or not the movie is good.
    Very much so yeah. Tbh, if the finished product looks as good as the DD suit did, I'll be perfecty happy.

The forehead/brow ridge looks massive...no idea why. It's not like Pattinson is a neanderthal.
    Exactly, yeah. Just makes me picture him walking around looking like freakin Megamind, with a normal sized body and a MASSIVE head. I'm hoping that it's just a bad angle, though.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Shame, I really liked Ben Affleck as Batman. He was giant and intimidating, brooding yet compassionate even if "MAAARTHAAAAAAAAAA"-scene was pure cringe.

I also love Henry Cavill as Superman, best one to date, but guess he too will be replaced in the shitshow that is DC's cinematic universe...

Not judging Pattionson however, he's playing a younger Batman + he's a damned good actor when not given shite material such as Twilight... I still remember spitting some coke cherry when he stepped into the sunlight and sparkled...

- - - Updated - - -

I think Affleck was the best Batman we've had so far, it's just a shame we got so little of him.

The violent sociopath batman is exactly what a guy who is essentially judge and jury would act like. He is Gotham's Judge Dredd. Bet you Karl Urban could pull off a really good Batman.

Like with all these movies, the casting is done really well, it's the writing and directing that is a god damn mess. Likely Pattinson with all his talent, will fall to the same fate.

First of all, no Batman, Superman or Wonderwoman will be decent if the screenwriter etc. are bad. Just compare Henry Cavill in Superman and BvS versus his Witcher (ffs I disliked him until that Witcher performance.... just imagine him playing Superman with decent screenwriting...)

Robert Pattinson.. thats some bad decision. I know he tries hard to get away from that Twilight crap but he simply does not fit into the Batman "image". Will be interesting if surprises.

However the other cast...
    Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman, Paul Dano as Riddler, Colin Farrell as Pinguin, Andy Serkis as Alfred and John Turturro as Carmine Falcone.
    Don't get me wrong, I love Andy Serkins - but he is not a typical Alfred. Also I ain't sure what DC tries to pull off. The list reads like a bad Christopher Nolan triology reboot. But why would you cast Paul Dano as Riddler (he is okay) when Jim Carrey KILLS IT in the current Sonic movie? I mean DC threw away most potential by not announcing a Nightwing or Robin spinoff after the Nolan triology or going for Villain stories after Gotham TV series. Instead they went half retard with BvS and Justice League (with the sole exception of bad movies being a decent Wonderwoman). And now a cast for another Batman movie (noone wants to see).

Please DC, just give movie makers a DECENT amount of time to be creative with the lore and characters you own instead of throwing another Batman movie to the $1 counter.

Or at least give Mark Hamill a chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    First of all, no Batman, Superman or Wonderwoman will be decent if the screenwriter etc. are bad. Just compare Henry Cavill in Superman and BvS versus his Witcher (ffs I disliked him until that Witcher performance.... just imagine him playing Superman with decent screenwriting...)

Robert Pattinson.. thats some bad decision. I know he tries hard to get away from that Twilight crap but he simply does not fit into the Batman "image". Will be interesting if surprises.

However the other cast...
    Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman, Paul Dano as Riddler, Colin Farrell as Pinguin, Andy Serkis as Alfred and John Turturro as Carmine Falcone.
    Don't get me wrong, I love Andy Serkins - but he is not a typical Alfred. Also I ain't sure what DC tries to pull off. The list reads like a bad Christopher Nolan triology reboot. But why would you cast Paul Dano as Riddler (he is okay) when Jim Carrey KILLS IT in the current Sonic movie? I mean DC threw away most potential by not announcing a Nightwing or Robin spinoff after the Nolan triology or going for Villain stories after Gotham TV series. Instead they went half retard with BvS and Justice League (with the sole exception of bad movies being a decent Wonderwoman). And now a cast for another Batman movie (noone wants to see).
    Indeed I hadn't seen the full cast. Catwoman and Gordon are worrying but at least I know Jeffrey Wright is capable of pulling something great.
    Jim Carrey is a big miss indeed, but maybe the producer wanted to have a young Riddler, which would make sense when you watch the full cast. Jim Carrey is 58, he was 33 when he played Riddler 25 years ago (damn time flies). Serkis is 54 (which can be considered young by Alfred's standards ).

I think the past years have taught us not to judge actors before watching the movie. And as you said... It's all about the writing of their roles. I hated Jared Leto's joker with a passion but I guess nobody could have pulled something from such a badly-written and choregraphed Joker.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2020-02-14 at 02:21 PM.

if Zoe can manage/is allowed to channel Eartha Kitt, she is going to be a fabulous Catwoman. Colin Farell though.... not a fan :/ though I guess he could end up being more of a Batman,telltale series sort of penguin or something... if Pattison brings the same kind of performance he's been bringing to all his indi films, he's going to be just fine, seriously.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2020-02-14 at 02:58 PM.

But why would you cast Paul Dano as Riddler (he is okay) when Jim Carrey KILLS IT in the current Sonic movie?
    When was the last time an actor reprised a role like that in a movie whose plot wasn't related to the first time he played that character? And if their intention is to make a movie that's not just campy nonsense, having Carrey bouncing around like it's 1995 again seems like a terrible idea...

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn´t that the Clooney one?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    After seeing him in Good Time and The Lighthouse, I have full faith in him. He is actually an amazing actor. Also, I am pretty sure he hates the Twilight movies more than anyone at this point.
    No one hates twilight more than those that acted in it. No one.

When was the last time an actor reprised a role like that in a movie whose plot wasn't related to the first time he played that character? And if their intention is to make a movie that's not just campy nonsense, having Carrey bouncing around like it's 1995 again seems like a terrible idea...
    Silvester Stallone e.g. gives Rocky some new love and a different direction with Balboa or Creek. Same with Linda Hamilton / Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator: Dark Fate. Also Carrey aged quite well so far and gives a real good performance in Sonice, so he could still play some Riddler aged mid-thirties - maybe with a midlife crisis? And even not there is still Cory Michael Smith (Gotham tv series) who might give Paul Dano a run. And even then I would consider Conan O'Brien a decent movie choice - if we are talking about Robert Pattinson being in the same movie (atleast he was funny in the LEGO Batman movie).

But it is up to Pattinson to surprise me (like Cavill did or even Affleck which I definitely would love to see in a Batman of the Future old and grudgy Bruce Wayne).

Silvester Stallone e.g. gives Rocky some new love and a different direction with Balboa or Creek. Same with Linda Hamilton / Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator: Dark Fate.
    ...those are literally sequels. This isn't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    It was!
    But with fairness to Clooney, his Bruce Wayne was excellent. The whole film was ruined quite literally by DC and Movie Executives who wanted to sell toys. They specifically told Joel Schumacher he *had* to make it kid friendly so they could do so (especially after the Batman Returns McDonald's lawsuit)
    They had a lawsuit? Why?

I've been watching The Flash on Netflix for fun and Mark Hamill plays the character "The Trickster" which is basically the same thing. And he does it well.

With his experience voice acting Joker, I think he would kill it as a low key more cerebral, but still maniacal, Riddler rather than the bouncy and over the top version Jim Carrey played.

Loved Keaton originally, but re-watching him as an adult, I feel he is too hammy and overplays the lunatic aspect of Batman far too much. He was magnificent for the time, but was just to me now, a bit *too* far in comparison to Bale and even Affleck at times.
    I think people hated him at the time though as he wasn't talk, dark, handsome, and ripped as they expected a superhero to be.
    Yeah, I'm just talking about the reaction to the casting. It's almost always negative.

When Keaton was announced...there was blowback because he wasn't good looking enough and, at the time, he was more known for his comedic roles than anything else

When Kilmer replaced him...there was blowback because people actually ended up really liking Keaton.

When Clooney was announced...the reaction was "they're getting ANOTHER actor to play Batman again?".

Bale probably was the most accepted actor at casting...but even then there were people against it. And then Heath Ledger took the brunt of it when he was announced as the Joker for the Dark Knight

The Internet practically exploded in rage when Affleck was cast.

Most of the time after the movies are released...the reaction is more positive. With the most glaring exceptions to that rule being Val Kilmer (where the reactions ended up being mostly neutral) and George Clooney (who everyone agrees was poorly cast). Personally, I blame those failures more on Joel Schumaker than on Clooney and Kilmer... but I do agree that neither one of them made a particularly good Bruce Wayne or Batman.

People whinged about Heath Ledger being cast as the Joker, so I am staying neutral until I see him in action (despite having an original hate for Pattinson).
    Could be great, could be average, could be shit.

Who knows?

(From a costume perspective, to me, he seems to lack some of the *bulk* of Batman. Seems to look to me like Tim or Dick as Batman, rather than Bruce, but just personal observation)
    kinda gave me beyond vibes as well
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552