Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The issue is this is being treated as the crime of the century by some of you people when routinely false reports are dropped
    It's not the crime of the century (See: Bush in 2003 invading Iraq) but breaking the law should have consequences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    With the Chicago DA in the cross hairs. I doubt it. Chicago got enough backlash when they let him go the first time. I know Chicago PD is angry at him for wasting their time.

On a side note I don't see an apology from you yet @adamjenson I was 100٪ right when I said he staged it. Man up and admit it.
    Apology? Nah.

I went with the information I had at the time. Turns out I was wrong. But I'm not apologizing to some random in the internet over an argument that was a thousand internet years ago. When the story broke, there was no immediate reason to discard it as false. As more details came out, turns out it was false. There's this thing where when new evidence is presented, people's positions shift due to new information.
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    He was charged with four felony counts, with 1-3 year sentences each... Not to mention fines for each count specifically to 'reimburse the public agency' for the time and resources they wasted.

Getting criminally convicted would also make it quite easy for the city win a judgment against him in civil court, something they are literally already doing... Chicago has sued him and is seeking $130,000 in damages; he would also have to cover the court costs if he loses.
    Given the kind of lawyer he can afford I’d be really surprised if he saw any jail time and if they can’t just give him a fine and have to take him to court then I doubt he’d actually pay and just appeal for as long as he can.

Over all as I don’t care for “making an example” it seems like a waste and time and resources to me at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    It's not the crime of the century (See: Bush in 2003 invading Iraq) but breaking the law should have consequences.

- - - Updated - - -
    Yeah I agree, I just agree with punishing him as most are punished for first time offenses of this nature. People want to make an example of him to deter people and when I post what the agency who investigates this says... people go "no! the agency must be bias!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Given the kind of lawyer he can afford I’d be really surprised if he saw any jail time and if they can’t just give him a fine and have to take him to court then I doubt he’d actually pay and just appeal for as long as he can.

Over all as I don’t care for “making an example” it seems like a waste and time and resources to me at this point.

The timing of this is interesting, the day before candidates were to talk and a year later is when they bring this back up.

Right so that is an entirely different charge, which I won't think it would be considered terrorism since he set it up as a specific attack to himself, not against government or to scare a subset of people.

- - - Updated - - -

So because he is a celebrity you want to give him special treatment?
    The intent and egregious nature of it all is what makes it extraordinary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Okay ninja.
    Don't really know what you are trying to get it with this. You don't think the intent behind it all is what takes it to another level?

To both: It's a lot different than someone lying to the police. There was planning involved. There was intent of who knows what, trying to smear Trump? His supporters? Whites? He swore up and down that he wasn't lying. People (amusingly) came to his defense.

Hell, he didn't even just lie to police, he was in court, lying multiple times.
    Last edited by alturic; 2020-02-13 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    The intent and egregious nature of it all is what makes it extraordinary.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't really know what you are trying to get it with this. You don't think the intent behind it all is what takes it to another level?
    It doesn't seem extraordinary.

LOL @ anyone who thinks he's gonna do prison time. Almost nobody goes to prison for a class 4, and a first time offender? forget it. He'll get probation at best, whoopdifuckingdo.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    This is really still ongoing? What’s even the point any more are they just wasting time/money because they are upset he wasted time/money? I mean what’s to be gained this far in?
    You don't just get to wipe your ass with an entire city's reputation, the reputation of Trump supporters and risk inciting a full blown race war in Chicago and then walk away.

This dude needs to go to jail.

Again, the guy basically said he was lynched, not just that, but that the people doing it were Trump supporters. This shit is too far. The only thing worse that i can think of would be if he had his friends bring down a fucking burning cross as well. Imagine if this was done in other communities - a Muslim pretending to be attacked and covered in bacon, while his Qu'ran is burned in front of him and he is told to go back to his country and this is MAGA country etc.

Its a testament to just how good race relations are in the west, that these far-left grifters can't trick people into attacking each other. Jussie is just the first i've heard that has straight up acted out an entire attack. Most of these far-left losers just spray paint swastikas or MAGA on mosques or synagogues or college dorms. Jussie took it to 11. This was premedidated race-baiting, with an extremely likely chance that fellow black people would be enraged and attack Trump supporters as a response.

He needs to be in jail, at least a year i'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    LOL @ anyone who thinks he's gonna do prison time. Almost nobody goes to prison for a class 4, and a first time offender? forget it. He'll get probation at best, whoopdifuckingdo.
    This is kind of what I am trying to emphasis here while people are wanting to nail him to a wall and such. Cases like these are usually either thrown out, or punished with fines + community service.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    You don't just get to wipe your ass with an entire city's reputation, the reputation of Trump supporters and risk inciting a full blown race war in Chicago and then walk away.

Again, the guy basically said he was lynched, not just that, but that the people doing it were Trump supporters. This shit is too far. The only thing worse that i can think of would be if he had his friends bring down a fucking burning cross as well. Imagine if this was done in other communities - a Muslim pretending to be attacked and covered in bacon, while his Qu'ran is burned in front of him and he is told to go back to his country and this is MAGA country etc.

Its a testament to just how good race relations are in the west, that these far-left grifters can't trick people into attacking each other. Jussie is just the first i've heard that has straight up acted out an entire attack. Most of these far-left losers just spray paint swastikas or MAGA on mosques or synagogues or college dorms. Jussie took it to 11. This was premedidated race-baiting, with an extremely likely chance that fellow black people would be enraged and attack Trump supporters as a response.

He needs to be in jail, at least a year i'd say.
    Wait you're including "reputation of Trump supporters" as a factor? And full blown race war? A trump supporter was mailing bombs... another mimicked the presidents words and mowed down 20+ people.

And you say race relations are so good you say and you use this as an example to say that now the left is making shit up well the god damn FBI disagrees with you

This is kind of what I am trying to emphasis here while people are wanting to nail him to a wall and such. Cases like these are usually either thrown out, or punished with fines + community service.
    Yeah people here are seething and will ultimately come up with blue ball's disappointment because they are truly clueless as to what the punishment is actually going to be instead of what they want it to be, which is why I can't help but laugh at them.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait you're including "reputation of Trump supporters" as a factor? And full blown race war? A trump supporter was mailing bombs... another mimicked the presidents words and mowed down 20+ people.

And you say race relations are so good you say and you use this as an example to say that now the left is making shit up well the god damn FBI disagrees with you
    It's ignorant to paint all supporters as a hive mind because one goes off the rail. Is it fair to paint democrats as violent because one shot up some republicans on a baseball field and one tried to run over some Trump supporters?

That's just silly, I can't take you seriously if you think like this

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It's ignorant to paint all supporters as a hive mind because one goes off the rail. Is it fair to paint democrats as violent because one shot up some republicans on a baseball field and one tried to run over some Trump supporters?

That's just silly, I can't take you seriously if you think like this
    All supporters of what Trump?

Is it fair to paint all supporters of white nationalist as racist? If so, I can very easily paint all the supporters of Trump.

Supporters of Trump :

do not Support law
    do not Care about corruption
    do not care about neopotism
    do not care about foreign interference in our democratic process
    do not care about the poor
    do not care about civil rights
    do not care about climate
    do not care about protections from corporations poisoning us
    do not care about fiscal responsibility
    do not care about taxes
    do not care about military personnel
    do not care about veterans
    do not care about the deficit
    do not care about the future

the list goes on and on and on.

When you're ready to support someone like trump who can say shit in public on the tele and just say "whatever" you do not care about these things.

And if you think that is silly, go ahead and prove me wrong.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-02-13 at 10:01 PM.

It doesn't seem extraordinary.
    lulwut? Seriously?

Jan 22: Says he gets a letter on set, it says "Empire Faggot" and "Empire Nigger".

Jan 29: OMG I was assaulted! They put some sort of chemical on me. They put a noose around my neck. The yelled "MAGA Country".

Jan 30: Smollett's family calls the attack racial and a homophobic hate crime. Says his story has never changed.

Feb 1: Smollett thanks everyone for the support. Says he was "100 percent factual and consistent on every level".

Feb 2: Smollett gives a concert, eating up the support, saying he was playing the show because he just couldn't let the attackers win.

The beginning of the end...

Feb 13: Nigerian brothers picked up, worked on Empire.

Feb 15: Nigerian brothers released, evidence of the bullshit of this is starting to show.

Feb 16: Police want to speak to him, his lawyers say he feels "victimized" that he made it up.

Feb 20: They officially suspect him of false reporting.

Has he even admitting to making this shit up yet, or is he still thinking the world is against him? They do usually take into account remorse... Yea, he played the game and lost - hard. Good riddance. Throw the book at him.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post

unless there is any basis for a slander suit which i doubt then none of this has any actual legal standing so its irrelevant.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I'm reading is you're not man enough to admit I was right. You see if you didn't call me a trump supporter even after I explained why there's a reason to raise an eyebrow at his claims. I wouldn't care. But nope you did. Now man up.
    If people build a castle on a thick layer of mud without checking if there is anything beneath for it to stand firmly on and random happenstance shows later that there is level rock beneath and the castle ends up standing firm

Would you then want those who said they build on bad foundation and lack of knowledge to appologize?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    If people build a castle on a thick layer of mud without checking if there is anything beneath for it to stand firmly on and random happenstance shows later that there is level rock beneath and the castle ends up standing firm

Would you then want those who said they build on bad foundation and lack of knowledge to appologize?
    I'd at least have to acknowledge that maybe they knew something I didn't about the terrain. If nothing else, it'd be a good epistemological check on whether I'm thinking about local conditions and the probability of finding bedrock. The one thing I definitely wouldn't do is insist that the guy who built the castle on solid bedrock really had no clue whatsoever what he was doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Welp here's the thing. I explained in detail why his claims were out there. The fact he was attacked by the only 2 trump supporters in Chicago. Also being a very prolific anti-trump tweeter. What's the term. If something sounds to good to be true it probably is?
    Throw in the "MAGA Country" insult that sounds like shitty writing as well.

The single biggest thing that got me was his claim that they said he was the "faggot from Empire". The number of white Trump supporters that are familiar with cast members of Empire is approximately zero. Smoolieyay is so wrapped in narcissism that he simply can't imagine that someone wouldn't have known who he is and who he enjoys having sex with.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'd at least have to acknowledge that maybe they knew something I didn't about the terrain. If nothing else, it'd be a good epistemological check on whether I'm thinking about local conditions and the probability of finding bedrock. The one thing I definitely wouldn't do is insist that the guy who built the castle on solid bedrock really had no clue whatsoever what he was doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Throw in the "MAGA Country" insult that sounds like shitty writing as well.

The single biggest thing that got me was his claim that they said he was the "faggot from Empire". The number of white Trump supporters that are familiar with cast members of Empire is approximately zero. Smoolieyay is so wrapped in narcissism that he simply can't imagine that someone wouldn't have known who he is and who he enjoys having sex with.
    I was watching the mighty ducks and saw Jessie in it when he was a kid and laughed my ass off thinking, oh this kid is going to grow up to be an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://nij.ojp.gov/topics/articles/...out-deterrence

But what does the government agency who is tasked with research into crime and justice suppose to know? National institute of justice? Pfft no we have Zenkai!!!

And who cares about recidivism right? As long as people can get their revenge boner dealt with nothing else matters.

What two individuals? The two he paid to act out the whole bit?
    Im not concerned with finding ways to keep people out of prison. Im concerned with getting people who break laws locked away so they cant do it again. Freedom belongs to those who respect the laws, not those who do whatever the hell they want to do just because they dont agree with a law or dont care about a law. Im not big on second and third and fourth chances

- - - Updated - - -

The opinion OF AN AGENCY RESEARCHING THIS ISSUE

you have a reasoning problem. At the top of the very link

Did you see “summarises large body of research” and come to the conclusion “opinion piece based on nothing”

How?! How does that work? Most normal people wouldn’t do that but when you’re constantly arguing in bad faith I guess you just ignore how language works.

And then furthermore they have fucking sources you can go to on top of it. Your side has a thing for purposeful ignorance. It’s there... just read it “nope I close my eyes and lalala “
    The problem is that there is no way to actually do the research. Yes they can determine that deterrence didnt work for people who were arrested and sent to jail, but they have absolutely no way to know how many people never broke a law because they were worried about the punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Im not concerned with finding ways to keep people out of prison. Im concerned with getting people who break laws locked away so they cant do it again. Freedom belongs to those who respect the laws, not those who do whatever the hell they want to do just because they dont agree with a law or dont care about a law. Im not big on second and third and fourth chances

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is that there is no way to actually do the research. Yes they can determine that deterrence didnt work for people who were arrested and sent to jail, but they have absolutely no way to know how many people never broke a law because they were worried about the punishment.
    “Those who make a mistake in life shall be forever jailed”. Uh huh... and now you’re saying in essence

“We can never research anything unless we know N!”

Yeah no... that’s not how it works.

You will never know N in this case but that’s the case for most things we research.

10+ Year Old Account
    “Those who make a mistake in life shall be forever jailed”. Uh huh... and now you’re saying in essence

“We can never research anything unless we know N!”

Yeah no... that’s not how it works.

You will never know N in this case but that’s the case for most things we research.
    Then the research is flawed and you cant say that deterrence doesnt work