Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You're already posting on the prime example about how the community sucks. This very thread is about why a product we know nearly nothing about is shit. BfA is a mediocre xpac, not great, not terrible, but according to MMO-C it's worse than a root canal treatment without anesthesia.

This community can, and will, ruin everything, that's given.
    That still doesn't answer my initial question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    releasing with no additional features. Easily looking like a WoD no content expansion tbh , and blizzard thinking more replayable self maintened content is bad omen .
    WoD even though it has little content did that content right. Legion nor BfA have not.

- - - Updated - - -

You're already posting on the prime example about how the community sucks. This very thread is about why a product we know nearly nothing about is shit. BfA is a mediocre xpac, not great, not terrible, but according to MMO-C it's worse than a root canal treatment without anesthesia.

It's asking how it can suck, not that it sucks already. Reading is hard no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - eventually Shadowlands will be the <current> expansion and one rule holds throughout the last 15 years.

The <current> expansion is always worse than <previous> expansion.

So - it will suck by being the current expansion, nothing more is required to bring out the complainers.
    I cant disagree with this assessment... folks will be pining to have BFA back because (current expansion) sucks so badly.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If they improve class gameplay for starters!!
    this thread is for reasons shadowlands could suck.. Improving classes wouldn't make it suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsoni View Post
    Not to forget, professions not mattering for example goblin glider tinker not usuable on the leg cloak in 8.3
    How to level professions and not need X amount of EXPLOSUM trash to level it up, or GET A RECIPE FROM NZOTH CULTISTS?! RNG TRASH
    cant put goblin gliders on the leg cloak.... huh... i didnt know that... that sucks lol

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    Still a little early on beta/ptr stuff. But can you think of anything that could happen, be changed, removed, or added, that would cause the expansion to become a famous meme as BFA did?

This is my attempt at some examples
    -AP grind is Actually back.
    -Bottle neck quests get rea-dded at the start of the expac
    -no flying at all through the whole thing
    -Shamans not being "completed" until patch 9.1.5
    -Rng + RnG for items you'll need to complete your legendary - resulting in you not completing your legendary or being "raid ready".. so you have to make a 2nd toon that passes the RNG check >> gets his legendary >> and is brought into raids instead.
    -Sylvannas still alive by patch 10.0
    -SJW stuff shoved in your face at the cost of good story telling.
    ~GCDs added to more abilities than ever

What ~could~ go wrong in shadowlands?
    I mean lots of things could make this list. the question is, will the things you mention end up in shadowlands?

addressing some of your points;
    -there will be a grind of some sort the question is though whether it will be capped grind and not an endless one (similar to how Valor points were capped in Mists).
    -flying will definitely be in this expansion at some point with the method to obtaining it similar to BfA, Legion and WoD.
    -we don't know too much about the legendary system in SL yet but what we do know is that we get to create our own using drops from the Torghast dungeon? so the
    only rng will be if we get the drop or not
    -SJW stuff? what SJW stuff? I haven't seen too much of that in BfA
    -GCD either won't change or will be reverted back to Legion

yeah i read it too, and you didnt actually answer Nerovars question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    That still doesn't answer my initial question.
    yeah he didnt even answer your question. Kind of avoided it the whole time with his own rant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I mean lots of things could make this list. the question is, will the things you mention end up in shadowlands?

addressing some of your points;
    -there will be a grind of some sort the question is though whether it will be capped grind and not an endless one (similar to how Valor points were capped in Mists).
    -flying will definitely be in this expansion at some point with the method to obtaining it similar to BfA, Legion and WoD.
    -we don't know too much about the legendary system in SL yet but what we do know is that we get to create our own using drops from the Torghast dungeon? so the
    only rng will be if we get the drop or not
    -SJW stuff? what SJW stuff? I haven't seen too much of that in BfA
    -GCD either won't change or will be reverted back to Legion
    i'll comment on 2 of your points. because the rest of your points were pretty decent and made sense.
    1) for the legendary . If there are drops and drop% involved when making an item of Legendary calibur, we have to hope that the drop rate isnt so low/scary that some players are just unlucky in getting those drops and not being to or very slowly completing their legendary.

2) its not that the GCD would change or be reverted, its that more spells/abilities the GCD list.So think of a spell that currently does not have a gcd... then imagine it now having a GCD in shadowlands.

Yeah let's start bashing and whining about a potential future of the game, just to dwell in shit and crap, that sounds fun!!

Wtf is wrong with people nowadays, do you want everything to suck? Do you hate everything? How the living hell can you start preparing for something that MIGHT suck a fucking YEAR from now?!

Jesus, I'm so done with the people on this forum...

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Oh I can't read at all oops.

Then I change my answer to: leave class gameplay alone

Hehe
    And leave classes in the awful state they're in right now? Hell no! They need changes.

My reasons for Shadowlands potentially sucking?

- Have no class sets (RIP)

- Have separated zones aka travelling is just one big teleportation fest (RIP)

- Have zones that aren't actually that big and are just claustrophobic canyons surrounded by unnecessary mountains that prolongue travelling time, not forgetting all roads and pathways having ridiculous mob density

- Covenant abilities being the main focus of the expansion instead of bringing the focus back to the classes we play. I don't mind rental abilities as long as they're actually themed around the classes. I'm never going to become attached to my covenant because it's not going with me into the expansion after Shadowlands, my class is. I hate corruption gear and essences because they take on a bigger role than what my class has.

- BFA GCD changes stay. They've been completely silent on reverting the GCD changes so I feel like they'll probably stay.

The way it could end up sucking is if I don't like what it gives me. Then I quit. See how easy it is!

It could suck in every way and it could be really good in every way, no way to know right now.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Blizzard keeps on believing handing out massive power boosts through pure lottery is fun. Which I strongly think will be the case the way they just keep on doing it.
    Sorry but thats totally bs. WQs killed wow more than anything else. It's not: go out in the world, it's go from here to there, do some shit and go on. That's by far the worst thing that happened in wow. Old world quests at least gave us a daily-hub and we still could go out on the world. I think the best outdoor-world-content is still Throne of Thunder (5.2). No WQs but we were still everywhere on the isle. Even the dailys had at least a storyline, this WQ-shite didn't. All the lore that 8.2 lost just because people still think that talking heads out of nowhere are still better. No thanks, WQs are bad.

What i agree with is the item-lottery. Why not, instead of giving us this shite, add back sockets to armor, add glyphs or gems that can improve our items the way we want, make crafting useful again and remove this RNG-Fiesta.

I still think that blizzard think that they can keep people playing when there is always an improvement to the gear they can make, BUT THAT'S NOT TRUE. PEOPLE LOVE TO HAVE BIS more than anything else. What they still doesn't understand is that there needs to be a goal. And people always crave to get there. But they removed anything with it with the last xpacks:

Crafting: yes, was crafting out of hands: absolutely, but was it bad: NO NOT AT ALL. In fact more people would have complained about even more improvements on items, but they would complain and still play. But no, because community cried, they destroyed crafting completely.
    Sets: People love sets, but hey, let's remove them, because some idiots complained that they are forced to have this items in this slot because they are BIS: they listened and removed them, make the game shite for anyone else
    CLASSES: Worst of all: Some people complained how there are soooooo many buttons, they can't play with their controller or whatever shite they need to play the game, blizzard PRUNE CLASS TO HELL. The handful idiots is happy, and the game is garbage.

It's simple: a handful of idiots cry in the forums, blizzard listen and make the game worse for everyone who didn't complain.
    But let's be realistic: it's not just because of idiots, it's also a question of time and money. Removing sets just let ressources free from creating them. That save blizzard (and yes, it's activision blizzard, and we all know what this means) MONEY MONEY MONEY. Don't forget they want to remove the fun out of making games, and with this they also remove the fun of games completely.

So yes, Blizzard and the Community is at fault of both: why can't blizzard simply make a poll in the official game, every subscribed account can vote once and then they see what the MAJORITY OF THE CONSUMERS WANT instead of listening to the handful of idiots on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    - Have zones that aren't actually that big and are just claustrophobic canyons surrounded by unnecessary mountains that prolongue travelling time, not forgetting all roads and pathways having ridiculous mob density.
    I never understood this sentiment(maybe I am just silly). Stuff got mountains and terrains because that's how worlds are. I am from Norway, and we have so many mountains and forests that are just in the way right. It's like Highmountain without high mountains. Not everything in the game is to make you travel longer. Some of it is there to have a sense of a world that isn't just flat. Not every zone can be like Denmark.

Sure some zones have many mobs, I can see why people think that can be annoying. But for landscapes and stuff like that, I really understand why we got mountains, caves, hills and stuff. Makes the world more alive. I do want to see more roads, tracks etc. though.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-02-15 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I never understood this sentiment(maybe I am just silly). Stuff got mountains and terrains because that's how worlds are. I am from Norway, and we have so many mountains and forests that are just in the way right. It's like Highmountain without high mountains. Not everything in the game is to make you travel longer. Some of it is there to have a sense of a world that isn't just flat. Not every zone can be like Denmark.

Sure some zones have many mobs, I can see why people think that can be annoying. But for landscapes and stuff like that, I really understand why we got mountains, caves, hills and stuff. Makes the world more alive. I do want to see more roads, tracks etc. though.
    It's about having balance. Storm Peaks, Jade Forest, Grizzly Hills, Icecrown, Kun-Lai Summit, Frostfire Ridge, Talador, and Shadowmoon Valley are great examples of zones with mountain ranges and hills but not having so many that it dominates the entire zone and becomes an inconvenience.

All Legion zones are awfully cramped with Suramar feeling big because of how large the city area is, a size that no other city in wow has come close to in scale.

BFA zones are a big improvement in terms of not being mountainous theme parks, but the continents themselves have been separate so it shrinks the questing experience because it's split between Horde and Alliance. Having 3 zones to level up in is genuinely awful and I feel like BFA has probably got one of the worst leveling experiences because of that. I couldn't even bring myself to level my 2nd character to 120 because of it. Thank god Korrak's revenge came around!

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I can't express to you how little I care about paragon mounts
    Doesn't change the fact they lie.

Focusing on quick rewards for little effort (because some psychologist told them that's addictive).

-Community will complain about irrelevant shit all of the time.

This is my comprehensive list of stuff that will ruin Shadowlands.
    This. Just like every other expansion.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know shit, so we shouldn't judge it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    AP grind was fine in BfA. There are other grinds which are not fine. And it's not clear whether those other grinds will transfer to SL or not.

Reputation grind is bad.

Essences grind is bad.

Cloak grind is bad.

It is already sucking by not having any real features, except for a tower, which we all know is going to turn out shit. If it fails at anything else, I think Hong Kong will be a joke compared to people storming Blizzard HQ and ravaging the place.

Already Ion has mentioned that the team is overall happy/satisfied with how 8.3 turned out, and considering it was an utter disaster, there's no real reason to suppose the devs learned any lessons whatsoever.

Right now everything is pointing to the fact that no matter how bland on features Shadowblands are, it's still waaaay to early in development stages, something that is unprecedented. If this company fails to deliver Shadowblands before the end of 2020, it will be a fucking disaster.

But since lemmings are here and out in force about how "it is to early to say" and "people will still complain no matter what" I am fairly confident WoW will stabilize at about 1 million loyal drones that will be regulary fed shit rations so that they could keep deluding themselves that the game is actually okay.