Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Does Alleria also officially lead the High Elves?

Considering that she's the older sister of Vereesa, and the fact that she's higher rank than Auric. She is also more renowned and more experienced than Jalinde. I think it's possible that at least somewhere behind the scenes, she also took leadership and rallied the remaining Alliance loyalist High Elves.

I mean there's even more new High Elf NPCs like that portal NPC in Boralus, that one expedition NPC, and the 7th Legion Battlemages who help face off against their Blood Elf kin in Stromgarde. They don't seem to act under Vereesa's behalf given that she is pretty much absent in 99.9% of BFA.

Or does she cater only for the Void elves still?

There is no official answer yet, but that is heavily implied:

- Vereesa follows her in the Battle of Orgrimmar, most likely because she's her older sister and a more experienced war veteran. I think Vereesa would have no problem with Alleria leading the Silver Covenant;
    - There are several High elves in Telogrus Rift, so she rules over a part of them;
    - The High elves at the Allerian Stronghold would most likely follow her once again, since (in case the name wasn't proof of this already) they are very loyal to Alleria.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Alleria is the co-leader of the Void Elves, alongside Magister Umbric, she has yet to address the High Elven exiles of Dalaran or elsewhere, who appear to be led by Vereesa Windrunner and/or Auric Sunchaser.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The High Elves aren't a cohesive group to start with. There are even High Elves that weren't around in for the renaming of their people by Kael to begin with, like those from Allerian Stronghold. Then there are those that weren't around in for the exile of dissenters by Lor'themar like the ones in Dalaran.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anything is better than Vereesa I guess
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Blizzard should clarify the current position of High Elves. Politically, how they relate to the void elves etc etc.

Preferable make them all Void Elves and make a definitive statement all High Elves are gone.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Blizzard should clarify the current position of High Elves. Politically, how they relate to the void elves etc etc.

Preferable make them all Void Elves and make a definitive statement all High Elves are gone.
    Best we have is one of each chatting around Stormwind Mage Quarter.

I doubt all of the High Elves would want to be Void Elves though; they already were disgusted on their own kin being corrupted with Fel magic, enduring the catalysm which was enabled by void addled cultists, and learning that void elves are at constant risk of being consumed by their own power. Also, they have Paladins (and Druids probably, lorewise) and I don't know how that will add up to the Void Elf racials. (But still they could maybe follow Alleria as her leader but just while being High Elves still)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    There is no official answer yet, but that is heavily implied:

- Vereesa follows her in the Battle of Orgrimmar, most likely because she's her older sister and a more experienced war veteran. I think Vereesa would have no problem with Alleria leading the Silver Covenant;
    - The High elves at the Allerian Stronghold would most likely follow her once again, since (in case the name wasn't proof of this already) they are very loyal to Alleria.
    Yeah I think the fact that their leader leads his own Boralus explorers (or at least they move on his behalf) further proves this. Also, that's weird, where was Vereesa during BFA? For someone who hates the Horde on the same level as Genn and MoP Jaina, she's absent for almost all of the all-out-war expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Alleria hasn't really made much mention of the high elves, who are a disparate lot as-is (while most of them fight for the Alliance under Vereesa's banner, there is an outpost on Outland who don't seem to be up to much these days, some located at various Lodges throughout the northern/central Eastern Kingdoms, and some found learning about the void elves and Locus-Walker's teachings along with some blood elves). Right now, the situation seems to be pretty stable for high elves--the Silver Covenant acts as a small but skilled force, primarily operating out of Dalaran and mostly focused on making sure the Sunreavers don't make too much headway on their agenda.

There's no firm answer on how the Silver Covenant views the void elves, but given how closely Vereesa is working with Alleria these days, it's safe to assume there is at least a wary truce between the Quel'dorei and Ren'dorei, with the high elves present at the Rift suggesting a number of the surviving high elves are getting curious about the powers employed by their Void-corrupted cousins; if I were a betting sort I'd put money on the current generation of high elves being among the last and the blood and void elves taking up the torch, so-to-speak.
    Last edited by Thage; 2020-02-17 at 01:34 AM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

High Elves is too "general." There are High Elves that are neutral too, such as the ones in Dalaran. You should say Silver Covenant High Elves instead, since they are the ones who are politically aligned with the Alliance. They are led by Vereesa I heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Yeah I think the fact that their leader leads his own Boralus explorers (or at least they move on his behalf) further proves this. Also, that's weird, where was Vereesa during BFA? For someone who hates the Horde on the same level as Genn and MoP Jaina, she's absent for almost all of the all-out-war expansion
    She was probably busy in other theaters, considering that what we see of the war is just a snapshot of a wider conflict taking place all over Azeroth. She and Alleria show up for 8.3, and in the upcoming novel she'll probably be helping Alleria and Turalyon hunt for Sylvanas.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    With so little left, i doubt they need a leader to begin with.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Considering that she's the older sister of Vereesa, and the fact that she's higher rank than Auric. She is also more renowned and more experienced than Jalinde. I think it's possible that at least somewhere behind the scenes, she also took leadership and rallied the remaining Alliance loyalist High Elves.

I mean there's even more new High Elf NPCs like that portal NPC in Boralus, that one expedition NPC, and the 7th Legion Battlemages who help face off against their Blood Elf kin in Stromgarde. They don't seem to act under Vereesa's behalf given that she is pretty much absent in 99.9% of BFA.

Or does she cater only for the Void elves still?
    Seeing as Ion has clearly stated that the Blood Elves ARE the High Elves, the answer is no, if anything she leads defectors not the High Elves themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Seeing as Ion has clearly stated that the Blood Elves ARE the High Elves, the answer is no, if anything she leads defectors not the High Elves themselves.
    yes I meant the Alliance loyalist Thalassians

Best we have is one of each chatting around Stormwind Mage Quarter.

I doubt all of the High Elves would want to be Void Elves though; they already were disgusted on their own kin being corrupted with Fel magic, enduring the catalysm which was enabled by void addled cultists, and learning that void elves are at constant risk of being consumed by their own power. Also, they have Paladins (and Druids probably, lorewise) and I don't know how that will add up to the Void Elf racials. (But still they could maybe follow Alleria as her leader but just while being High Elves still)

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I just want the High Elves gone so this never has to be discussed again.

The upcoming novel will probably touch upon this subject. Alleria will be a major character, so Vereesa most likely will appear or anyway be mentioned, along with the status of the High elves.

This is an interesting question though, because for years Vereesa led the High elves, believing that her sister was dead. But Vereesa is not powerhungry, she does not care that much about her political status so long as she gets to do what she wants, so I don't think she'd have any problem giving the position of Ranger-General of the Silver Covenant to Alleria.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Yeah she can be the leader of the 12 remaining high elves if she wants

High Elves are a mess.

In War3 they were all dying from power withdrawal addiction, so Blood Elves gets power from fel and after that from Naaru and after that from the restored Sunwell.

Meanwhile, we got blue-eyed elves just doing their normal walk in the forest with prince Anduin like nothing ever hit them. Why every elf in the world suffered from addiction but the oh almighty blue eyed ones are just mad about everyone else?

Garithos was right all along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    High Elves are a mess.

In War3 they were all dying from power withdrawal addiction, so Blood Elves gets power from fel and after that from Naaru and after that from the restored Sunwell.

Meanwhile, we got blue-eyed elves just doing their normal walk in the forest with prince Anduin like nothing ever hit them. Why every elf in the world suffered from addiction but the oh almighty blue eyed ones are just mad about everyone else?

Garithos was right all along.
    The High Elven exiles are angry because they were expelled from Quel'Thalas en masse because they refused to draw Arcane energy from living creatures and/or Fel, and were driving something of a wedge in Blood/High Elven society due to causing significant unrest. Lor'themar exiled all these objectors to ensure the stability of Sin'dorei society as they were both trying to sue for inclusion in the Horde and because they lacked the power to quell any kind of civil war these objectors might prompt. Cut off from Silvermoon and Quel'Thalas, many of these High Elves were rendered easy picking for the Scourge remnants of the Plaguelands (and in the case of Quel'Lithien Lodge the depredations of Nathanos Marris). Suffice it to say, the High Elven exiles carry a pretty hefty chip on their shoulders as they consider their treatment by the Sin'dorei to be deeply unfair and unjust.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heateffect View Post
    Yeah she can be the leader of the 12 remaining high elves if she wants
    So the Horde got expelled from Dalaran by 12 high elves ? Alright keep going on x)
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    So the Horde got expelled from Dalaran by 12 high elves ? Alright keep going on x)
    They left voluntarily because Dalaran is hideous