View Poll Results: Regardless to where you are from is healthcare a human right? Universal Healthcare

Voters
106. This poll is closed
  • No, Healthcare is not a right, in the wild wolves ate the weak

19 17.92%
  • Yes, I support Universal Healthcare, Healthcare is a Human right.

84 79.25%
  • Yes, I support subsidized tier insurance, no excluding conditions

3 2.83%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    The US is exceptionally incompetent when it comes to government services. We can't build any infrastructure without ridiculous costs ... our military costs a shit ton of money and believe me we're not getting a proportional return on it ... university tuition costs are astronomical ... we can't even get clean water to people and you think the government can fully handle healthcare? People need to wake up. We're in deep deep shit and we need to do something about the process and the finance system before blowing up another hole in the budget.

No its not incompetence, its called profits.

They are very competent in their selling out to the 1% and corporations, thus allowing out Military to cost a "shit ton" because they allow something this important to be driven fully by PROFITS off the taxpayer.

you think the government can fully handle healthcare?
    No one is proposing them to fully handle healthcare. They won't be involved in 80% of it, the actual care.

THEY ALREADY DO IT, its called MEDICARE. Holy shit, how hard is it to understand that?
    Somehow they can handle it for 60 million, but 120-150-200-300 is too much????

People need to wake up. We're in deep deep shit and we need to do something about the process and the finance system before blowing up another hole in the budget.
    Sigh, how do you blow a hole in the budget when people are already paying for healthcare from start to finish, and these proposed programs will be paid for by the money people are already spending???
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

easier to just give tax breaks to people with no kids imo

Be rewarded financially for not contributing to the over population crisis is better than punishing people who want a family.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Yeah not a right. Otherwise why don’t we throw in food, water, and electricity. A good idea to have some kind of social program for healthcare? Yeah sure. But it’s still not a right, that’s just propaganda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Yeah not a right. Otherwise why don’t we throw in food, water, and electricity. A good idea to have some kind of social program for healthcare? Yeah sure. But it’s still not a right, that’s just propaganda.
    Apparently "a fundamental component of the basis of human rights as a concept, dating back more than 70 years" is just "propaganda", now.

This opposition to basic human rights is really not a good look, folks.

The US is exceptionally incompetent when it comes to government services. We can't build any infrastructure without ridiculous costs ... our military costs a shit ton of money and believe me we're not getting a proportional return on it ... university tuition costs are astronomical ... we can't even get clean water to people and you think the government can fully handle healthcare? People need to wake up. We're in deep deep shit and we need to do something about the process and the finance system before blowing up another hole in the budget.
    I hope you or a family member gets cancer and then can you tell us all wonderful it is to balance budgets....cunt.

We won't realize TRUE universal health care until either:

1. Robot doctors are invented that can treat pretty much anything from broken bones to major surgeries. (see the Surgery Pod in Prometheus (2012))
    2. We develop cloning technology so advanced that we can transfer someone's consciousness into a clone.

The reason is that government healthcare is run by humans and humans can be corrupted. All it takes is one warlord to seize power and he will ruin your perfect healthcare system by stealing all the money and spending it on wars. Bureaucracy offers nothing but empty promises filled with lies and were quite lucky to get good service for some decades before it gets ruined. When we reduce healthcare to a tool that anyone can use instead of a service provided by a vast systems of doctors or government workers, then you will have met the goal.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    2. We develop cloning technology so advanced that we can transfer someone's consciousness into a clone.
    I'd settle for cloning body parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Its probably a very small leap from cloning body parts to an entire body. So if we ever got that far it probably wouldn't be long before we went the whole way.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

No one has the right to anyone else's time or labor. So no, healthcare is not a "right".

That said, what people do have is the right to equal treatment under the law, and the right to attempt to change laws to provide different forms of healthcare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You'll never get that because Republicans will screech about doctors "Playing God" the same way they did in 2002.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    I see the usual crusty jizz stains vote for the Ayn Rand choice.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    You'll never get that because Republicans will screech about doctors "Playing God" the same way they did in 2002.
    Getting tired of them playing the Devil...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    No one has the right to anyone else's time or labor. So no, healthcare is not a "right".
    That's nice, and also a strawman.

When you become a licensed healthcare practitioner in the US you accept the legal responsibilities that come with doing so, such as not being able to turn away patients requiring emergency care.

It's the same nonsense as people who say they shouldn't have to wear seatbelts because they own their car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Apparently "a fundamental component of the basis of human rights as a concept, dating back more than 70 years" is just "propaganda", now.

This opposition to basic human rights is really not a good look, folks.
    Never said it wasn’t a good idea to have a social health program. But no it isn’t a right. And it’s absolutely propaganda in the US.

Nobody has a problem paying for their food and that’s more of a human necessity than healthcare requiring trained professionals. Basic necessities are concrete requirements for human life, not part of the abstract social contract we call ‘rights’. I know you know exactly what I’m talking about Endus, don’t be obtuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Never said it wasn’t a good idea to have a social health program. But no it isn’t a right. And it’s absolutely propaganda in the US.

Nobody has a problem paying for their food and that’s more of a human necessity than healthcare requiring trained professionals. Basic necessities are concrete requirements for human life, not part of the abstract social contract we call ‘rights’. I know you know exactly what I’m talking about Endus, don’t be obtuse.
    What you're fundamentally saying is that the USA has a sketchy interpretation of human rights.

Which it's by no means unique in, to be clear. But we don't hand-wave other nations' refusal to accept human rights as if it's just their entirely valid opinion, either.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    Kind of like the "right to LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." Catchy phrase there, eh?
    You have a life, and no other person is allowed to take it away. You can already get treated regardless of your financial status, but the bills might ruin your level of prosperity. So you are close to the mark, but not quite there, in that our medical system isn't broken in the sense of denying life, but instead denying the pursuit of happiness.

That said, I don't think this country believes in that anymore. We've slowly boxed ourselves in with a million regulatory laws for the so called 'greater good' it's a really hard sell to call us the "land of the free".

As far as healthcare being a human right... It can be if we give it to ourselves. People have this idea that the government is some big separate entity than ourselves, when really it is the will of the people. If we are being oppressed by it, it's because the majority of people want to be oppressed. It's not as if some giant beast is lurking in the white house making decisions all willy nilly, but instead that we have 350 million people with as many ideas on what to do about every single issue ever. As citizens of the USA, we are the government. I'm fairly convinced that many of our issues could be fixed in the USA if people stepped back and really looked at other peoples views, especially the opposition, openly and seriously (which is a hard thing that takes a lot of practice and time.).
    “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.”
    ― Lao Tzu

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    A national health service makes more sense than the alternatives. Like, health care as a private marketplace product sucks; nobody is price sensitive about their health. I mean right now I would be a straight up prostitute/casting-coach scenario if it saved my daughters life. I'd agree to pay anything and that is the problem with health care as a privatized product. Once more I don't want to deal with forms and hassles of calling some corporate bureaucrat whose whole job is to swindle me out of money.

In the UK its easy. You walk in, get treated, walk out. When I want to see a doctor I don't have time nor the energy to deal with bullshit, and proper national health service resolves the cost issue for me as a citizen, gives me the security that I will always have health care, that my daughter and future kids are covered, and that I don't have to think about this or add that to the already mountain of stress and anxiety inducing bullshit that is modern living.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlesocks View Post
    You have a life, and no other person is allowed to take it away. You can already get treated regardless of your financial status, but the bills might ruin your level of prosperity. .
    Not true, the only requirement is Stabilization not Treatment if you go to the ER or any medical center.

They can for instance stabilize you and kick you out with zero cancer treatment because you have no insurance or means to pay
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I’m curious - if everybody in the medical field up and decided they were out, done, finito; what would the “right to healthcare” look like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I’m curious - if everybody in the medical field up and decided they were out, done, finito; what would the “right to healthcare” look like?
    This is a nonsense question that betrays bad faith.

It's like asking "what if the courts don't protect your freedom of speech any more, huh?"

It's just a nonsense hypothetical that ignores the topic to cast a false sense of uncertainty.