Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    What is that even supposed to mean?
    I think it's the usual republican whining point of how oppressed they are.

That there are "enemies" there. The comments are fucking terrifying.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    That there are "enemies" there. The comments are fucking terrifying.
    I'd love to see crusty old Conservative politicians and Billy Joe Bob occupy anything. Especially the 6th biggest economy in the world.

They barely managed to invade an empty cabin in the middle of the woods.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a dog whistle, plain and simple. Read the first comment, it's some guy who thinks a Democrat will attack them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    The comments are fucking terrifying.
    Basically, this.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Ah yes, just casual references to militarism and open hostilities between Democrats and Republicans.

But it's the Democrats who are divisive, I tell you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Well, I mean I'm sure Trump sees them as kindred souls and thus has great sympathy for their situation and lack of understanding on why they are being punished.

Alternatively this is the start of a PR campaign to normalize pardons leading up to more serious ones for his group of folks around him culminating in him pardoning himself.
    Looks like you were kinda right.

Trump Offered Assange Pardon if He Covered Up Russian Hack, Court Hears

I wonder if there's enough time to impeach him again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Yeah, way to unite the country. Pieces of shit.

Oh the irony of him heading to the coast to fund raise of Super Rich donors. Kinda sounds like coastal elites to me.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-02-19 at 07:09 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't really care about him. it's just the republicans are the only thing between the dems and the constitution.

it's them or we lose our rights. so i can't really not vote for him if i vote. if you got a dem that will support free speech and gun rights, please show me, i'll vote for them. tulsi was the closest, but even she said stupid shit about guns.
    just flat wrong, legislative history at both the federal and state level unquestionable prove you wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    idk about this. trump's never been against gays, all up through the 90's and 2000's you can see he's never opposed gay marriage.

trump just doesn't like apologies, imo. we need less apologizing, with the way people are acting these days, always demanding them over nonsense.
    There is nothing wrong with admitting your wrong or apologizing for something. It what separates successful people from unsuccessful ones.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Donald Trump 'offered Julian Assange a pardon if he denied Russia link to hack'.

Not sure if I missed it or we're not talking about this yet.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Donald Trump 'offered Julian Assange a pardon if he denied Russia link to hack'.

We're getting there....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post

Impeach the motherfucker again, and this time lock up the GOP in a closet somewhere so they can't subvert justice again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Just a reminder: Assange's lawyer said this under oath. Trump's latest mouthpiece denied it and blamed the DNC without evidence.

Assange might be a thief, but when it's XXX vs. Trump in a truth-off, the smart money is never on Trump.

I wonder what the paper trail for Rohrabacher is?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Just a reminder: Assange's lawyer said this under oath. Trump's latest mouthpiece denied it and blamed the DNC without evidence.

Assange might be a thief, but when it's XXX vs. Trump in a truth-off, the smart money is never on Trump.

It's a sad day when a russian puppet is more trustworthy than the president of the us, but 17000 something lies can not be denied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Looks like you were kinda right.

Trump Offered Assange Pardon if He Covered Up Russian Hack, Court Hears

And yet we'll have all the usual suspects going on and on about how the Russian investigation was a "hoax" and there is no evidence at all.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/inte...angling/11345/

Regarding the Assange shit...well, Rhorbacher has an interview from 2017 where he discusses this.

I'm not terribly inclined to believe Assange, but this adds some weight to his lawyers claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Soon as they say "he hardly knew him"....you just know its just a few more hours before that is proven waaaaaaaaay wrong just like the last dozen time he said the same thing.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...on-our-future/

The conservative National Review has an article up about our ever growing deficit and debt!

In which they try to basically blame Democratic candidates because I don't know why I even bother figuring out why anymore.

At least they acknowledge the current issues are on Trump and team, even if they're still buying into the "TAX CUTS TOTES PAY THEMSELVES" nonsense as they have to admit that his last round of cuts has, in fact, not paid for themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.newsweek.com/trumps-spok...-trump-1488109

Newsweek pointed out an interesting factoid.

In light of Trump commuting/pardoning a bunch of white collar crooks recently, the White House is talking quite a bit about how Trump is "against" excessive sentencing and wants to give folks another chance.

Completely forgetting that just a few short weeks ago Trump was calling for the death penalty as a solution to combat drug crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...on-our-future/

The conservative National Review has an article up about our ever growing deficit and debt!

In which they try to basically blame Democratic candidates because I don't know why I even bother figuring out why anymore.

At least they acknowledge the current issues are on Trump and team, even if they're still buying into the "TAX CUTS TOTES PAY THEMSELVES" nonsense as they have to admit that his last round of cuts has, in fact, not paid for themselves.
    I didn't see where they were blaming Democratic candidates? Simply said that their proposals would make it worse but they certainly did not put us in the current position. They did say the tax cuts didn't pay for themselves but tax revenue is up...once again, just like with almost every president the real issue is government spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Vago View Post
    I didn't see where they were blaming Democratic candidates? Simply said that their proposals would make it worse but they certainly did not put us in the current position. They did say the tax cuts didn't pay for themselves but tax revenue is up...once again, just like with almost every president the real issue is government spending.
    None of this concerns the Democratic presidential candidates, of course.
    Should they be talking about this? This comes outta nowhere and leads into a pointless snipe at Democrats.

Followed by another full paragraph whinging abotu Sanders.

And then another paragraph whinging about the rest.

Followed by this -

As fiscally irresponsible as the Democrats are, though, anyone concerned about the growing tide of red ink should not look to the Trump administration for a better way forward.
    Making progress, it only took half the article for them to find the culprit!...while also still trying to somehow blame Democrats by calling them "fiscally irresponsible" despite the fact that Democrats are the only party that ever bothers to try to propose revenue increases to cover spending increases.

Democrats conveniently blame Trump’s tax cuts for the ballooning debt.
    DEMOCRATS! But also, Democrats are right and every economist with a functional brain has echoed this sentiment.

It's only in the final two paragraphs we get to the meat and potatoes of the article, after the author spent the better part of it whinging and moaning about Democrats.