Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    It's happening!!!
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The time has come brothers and sisters.

I can feel it in me beard.

Well, Bellular also tweeted about this:
    https://twitter.com/BellularGaming/s...18837502214145

Something is going on - I don't expect Alpha today or even this week, but who knows.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-02-19 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    He's getting called out for false claims by @Marlamin, though, who I trust way more in that regard.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2020-02-19 at 02:05 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    https://twitter.com/BellularGaming/s...18837502214145

Something is going on - I don't expect Alpha today or even this week, but who knows.
    https://twitter.com/Marlamin/status/1230128876501786625
    Aaaand the dream is dead. Bellular continues to be fake news.

Awww man I was so in hype had a very stressful morning both in game and at uni and I was looking for some good news

Should have realized it was Bellular. And it was something that seems to easy to fact chekc as well. But i guess not.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    He's getting called out for false claims by @Marlamin, though, who I trust way more in that regard.
    Yeah, saw that too and I'm with you on trusting Marlamin.

Dream is dead, bois.

Keep in mind that doesn't mean Alpha isn't soon, it just means that change wasn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    EU HQ (Versailles) is inviting streamers (and probably press?) next tuesday

No other info was disclosed
    tell me more!

Source?

/10chars

Bellular belongs in Revendreth for that tweet

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Bellular belongs in Revendreth for that tweet
    Why stop there? Throw him into the Maw, I say

Bellular isn't neccesarily to blame for the initial hype, he likely got it from someone who missed out on context.

The context is that Blizzard added a WoW Classic PTR product yesterday which apparently caused an update on the CDN descriptions for almost all other WoW products, including the one that was used for the encrypted 8.0 alpha client. That change got cherry picked as "Alpha configs updated" which caused the dangerous hype ball to start rolling out of control eventually leading to Bellular's tweet.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2020-02-19 at 02:50 PM.

INTO THE MAW!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    That change got cherry picked as "Alpha configs updated" which caused the dangerous hype ball to start rolling out of control eventually leading to Bellular's tweet.
    Passing on half-assed news without trying to confirm them is still deplorable, though.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Passing on half-assed news without trying to confirm them is still deplorable, though.
    Especially in a position where you can expect lots of people to further spread it.

Not that professional journalists are much better, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there's still hope. I wasn't basing my hopes on Bellular in any case. I just feel we'll get some news this week or next. I'm thankful we have people like Marlamin who call out the clickbaity bs others spew.

No other info was disclosed
    Was there any source for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Well there's still hope. I wasn't basing my hopes on Bellular in any case. I just feel we'll get some news this week or next.
    It does feel like we should be getting something sooner rather than later. None of the usual signs have popped up yet, though.. so this week is starting to feel more unlikely

Unless they're being purposefully careful now they know what we look out for thanks to 8.0, but I'm not sure that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Bellular isn't neccesarily to blame for the initial hype, he likely got it from someone who missed out on context.

The context is that Blizzard added a WoW Classic PTR product yesterday which apparently caused an update on the CDN descriptions for almost all other WoW products, including the one that was used for the encrypted 8.0 alpha client. That change got cherry picked as "Alpha configs updated" which caused the dangerous hype ball to start rolling out of control eventually leading to Bellular's tweet.
    Could they be hiding something behind that WoW Classic PTR thing? It seems strange to me and in the last few days WoW Servers have been really unstable, like they always are when they tinker around behind the scenes in the last one or two years.