Poll: When do you think we're getting Shadowlands Alpha/Beta?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I mostly agree with you, but I'm still having a hard time forgoving them for the lack of communication effort toward enhancement shaman situation in bfa and what to expect for them in shadowlands

- - - Updated - - -

you have a weird sense of re-used asset. So the whole raid skyboxes, dragon models, bosses models, new essences, corrupted gear interface and mechanics, new music... all of this was already implemented in the game before?
    You have a weird sense of the word "most".

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    They're what... 4 years late on the Titanforging?

Azerite was a joke from the get go. Who the fuck sat there and thought - "Yeah this shit is really good, let's launch it like this". Ion? Because if he gave it the green light. He's a moron. Plain and simple.
    Ion wasn’t calling players stupid on Twitter though

Azerite got like 3 days of testing

I think I can honestly say bornak or whatever that blue that argued with players for a week about TF needs to be publicly mocked

The people who came up with the idea of gear locking in m+ and removing ML should come with explanations for it that aren’t debunked forum posts

Ion gives the green light but he isn’t the brainlet that invents the systems

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not defending anything, just stating that there was a good amount of work done. Sure they reused the work done to create those landscapes, but the rest of the work is there.

I don't like the end result so I cannot defend it but I'm not blind to the time and resource investment made here
    Legion brought attention to the fact that there are dozens of beautiful zones that are unused

I like returning to the vale

I'm not defending anything, just stating that there was a good amount of work done. Sure they reused the work done to create those landscapes, but the rest of the work is there.

I don't like the end result so I cannot defend it but I'm not blind to the time and resource investment made here
    You're kidding yourself if you think they put as much work in to this patch as they did the last few of "major" patches in the last 4 years.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    That's an exception, not the rule; most of the specs played just fine. Besides, I wouldn't put much stock into one player leaving the game because his main class wasn't perfect. Every single expansion has had one or two classes that felt underwhelming to play. You can't expect them to get every single one of them right.
    Why not? If they cannot balance every class they shouldn't have released so many.

It absolutely is on them to make sure every class at least functioning and playable. And no I don't mean just playable literally, I'm talking about there should never be a class in the state of sub rogue right now.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Ion wasn’t calling players stupid on Twitter though

Azerite got like 3 days of testing

I think I can honestly say bornak or whatever that blue that argued with players for a week about TF needs to be publicly mocked

The people who came up with the idea of gear locking in m+ and removing ML should come with explanations for it that aren’t debunked forum posts

Ion gives the green light but he isn’t the brainlet that invents the systems

- - - Updated - - -

Legion brought attention to the fact that there are dozens of beautiful zones that are unused

I like returning to the vale
    You realistically have 3 choices about Ion:

Pathological liar.
    Actual moron/monkey.
    Implements things maliciously like a sociopath.

Like it or not he is the Game Director. He is also the voice and face of the team.

You can't repeatedly say what your design intents are. Claim your listening to feedback from your paying customers... Then implement the exact opposite.

Well, we finally got the first inkling of something remotely resembling alpha info.

So how many more months until we get something that can be datamined do you reckon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, we finally got the first inkling of something remotely resembling alpha info.
    Estimates for this week or the next two are starting to look more and more likely.

Estimates for this week or the next two are starting to look more and more likely.
    I say Friday or Tuesday

Mind you, all of this indicates encrypted stuff, still. Who knows when we'll get something of substance that is public? Could be a month, two months from now, sadly.

I hope I'm wrong.

Shadowlands will be here in August/September for one simple reason: It doesn't have any new major systems. There is nothing in Shadowlands to compare to something like Garrisons, Warfronts, Scenarios, Mythic+, Artifacts etc. Covenants are the closest they have and my guess is they're basically going to be Aldor/Scryer 2.0 with the WoD zone ability UI on top with a fresh coat of paint (and a garrison table lul). And what about Torghast you may ask, this is likely going to be an upgraded version of Horrific Visions which are basically just scenarios so nothing groundbreaking there.

Also, if BfA and WC3 Refunded aren't enough evidence Blizzard is more than willing to shove out a buggy unfinished product to make a quick stack of cash. They'll get it out as soon as their wallets are feeling a bit light which may happen around mid-late Q3 with 8.3 being an asset copy paste patch, the sub numbers will be in the toilet by then with no 8.3.5 unless we get something like the AQ event over on Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Teal looks pretty good
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Teal looks pretty good
    Dost thou must spake in mysteries?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    Shadowlands will be here in August/September for one simple reason: It doesn't have any new major systems.
    Depends on how hard they decide to go on Tor'Ghast. The idea version of it seems like a hyperinflated Vault of Wardens+KR+Withered Scenario+Islands. And that would be good.
    But then again, there is big dissonance between their ideas and the execution.

I think September/October release is more likely. Late Q3/early Q4, otherwise this year is a dud for them. I doubt 8.3 will hold retention for more than a month or two from now, guilds are progressing rather quickly in Nyalotha. I am 3 timed 15's away from my own personal goal (the Achievement/Mount) and then I'm quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Dost thou must spake in mysteries?
    I think he means the colorcode for the background color in the app. But is it really teal?

Edit:
    Maybe he rather meant the teal colored option of the strawpoll. One of them at least

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Edit:
    Maybe he rather meant the teal colored option of the strawpoll. One of them at least
    That's what I thought he meant. So now he's arguing for Week 13 or Week 18+? Assuming I know what teal is.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    In March for sure
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Unless they plan on breaking their 2year cycle for expansions, the beta should be right around the corner.

But given how many resources blizzard is cutting down on like both layoffs and server hardware (servers are becoming more and more laggy every less players than ever is playing the game), its more than possible that they dont have a "2nd team" working on the next expansion. Wich might lead to us having expansiosn that lasts 2.5-3 years instead.

What do you guys think? 1+ year of nyalthoa? Or are a summer/fall release of shadowlands still on the table?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Unless they plan on breaking their 2year cycle for expansions, the beta should be right around the corner.

But given how many resources blizzard is cutting down on like both layoffs and server hardware (servers are becoming more and more laggy every less players than ever is playing the game), its more than possible that they dont have a "2nd team" working on the next expansion. Wich might lead to us having expansiosn that lasts 2.5-3 years instead.

What do you guys think? 1+ year of nyalthoa? Or are a summer/fall release of shadowlands still on the table?
    They didn't fire any developers, in fact they increased the amount of developers.

That's what I thought he meant. So now he's arguing for Week 13 or Week 18+? Assuming I know what teal is.
    Yeah, it's not quite obvious what teal is. so either week 12, 13, 18 or 19+.

My money is still on 19+ for Beta. Alpha probably week 11.

It took 5 Weeks for BFA to get into Alpha, after wowdev got pushed

So don't expect anything today / next weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetdeal View Post
    It took 5 Weeks for BFA to get into Alpha, after wowdev got pushed

So don't expect anything today / next weeks.
    That is a moot data point as they pushed that just before the holiday break and started beta when they came back. We really can't base anything off of that.