Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Your perfect class?

Just for fun, what if you could choose 3 specs in total from any class in game to have your ultimate class/character. (ignore the armor types)
    What three would you pick?

I would go:
    1) Havoc
    2) Marksmanship
    3) Blood

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Marksmanship
    2) Fire Mage
    3) Resto Druid

1) Holy priest
    2) Mistweaver monk
    3) Resto druid

I pretty much only enjoy group content. I have a lot of fun healing, and I think DPSing / tanking is boring and monotonous. Holy priest, Mistweaver monk and Resto druid are my favorite 3 healer specs, and I can tolerate the way they do damage. Even though I dislike how much healers are being pushed into DPSing during downtime. Wish there was more supportish spells for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    1) Holy priest
    2) Mistweaver monk
    3) Resto druid

I pretty much only enjoy group content. I have a lot of fun healing, and I think DPSing / tanking is boring and monotonous. Holy priest, Mistweaver monk and Resto druid are my favorite 3 healer specs, and I can tolerate the way they do damage. Even though I dislike how much healers are being pushed into DPSing during downtime. Wish there was more supportish spells for that.
    Maybe bring back auto attacks for healers. And have them slow but hit like a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Maybe bring back auto attacks for healers. And have them slow but hit like a truck.
    Nah. I play healer / support in every game I play, and there's nothing I personally enjoy more, than pushing others into the limelight. If I could support and boost the damage of others in groups / raids instead of spamming my extremely limited, lackluster healer DPS setup, then I would love that. I don't want to DPS, it's not my job, my job is to keep the group healthy, stand behind them, and let them show off.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    1) Assa Rogue
    2) Fire Mage
    3) Brewmaster Monk
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

7+ Year Old Account
    Classic Fury Warrior which I currently play on wow classic is a lot more fun then current retail warrior specs unfortunately. Love those windfury procs

1) Balance Druid
    2) Classic Fury Warrior
    3) Unholy DK

1) BM Hunter
    2) Vengeance Demon Hunter
    3) Mistweaver Monk

Maybe less Fel theme on Vengeance but the same mechanics.

1) Ret
    2) Ret
    3) Ret
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Just for fun, what if you could choose 3 specs in total from any class in game to have your ultimate class/character. (ignore the armor types)

I would go:
    1) Havoc
    2) Marksmanship
    3) Blood
    Any arguments behind those choices?

I think thoese 3 choices are far, very far from perfection, if we talking about actual class design in BfA?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Any arguments behind those choices?

I think thoese 3 choices are far, very far from perfection, if we talking about actual class design in BfA?
    Perfect game design no, but perfect for me. I do like those three specs the most atm.
    I do like the mobile melee havoc playstyle but also like a ranged DPS as an option and my go to is MM. Also I like to be able to tank and when I do I prefer my DK Blood.

7+ Year Old Account
    1) Elem shaman
    2) Enh shaman
    3) Resto druid

Shaman is the class i knew the most about when i played and i do like their dps specs. As for healing i always liked the way druids healed with hots. Tho i haven't played in a long time so druid healing may not be the same as it was.

1) Shadow Priest
    2) Arcane Mage
    3) Affliction Warlock

Sustained aoe damage and mobility for days.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5+ Year Old Account
    Good question. Let me look at all class specs at all expansions, and I'll get back to you. I don't find any of the BfA specs even remotely interesting.

1. Havoc Demon Hunter
    2. Havoc Demon Hunter
    3. Havoc Demon Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    1. MoP Fire Mage
    2. Wrath Sub Rogue
    3. MoP WW Monk

Perfect game design no, but perfect for me. I do like those three specs the most atm.
    I do like the mobile melee havoc playstyle but also like a ranged DPS as an option and my go to is MM. Also I like to be able to tank and when I do I prefer my DK Blood.
    i see, i wished blizz would have designed them better in bfa.

havoc dh would be really good, if most active talents would do something for you, but instead a lot was made passive and thus that spec lacks depth, its all about what you could do in 1 gcd.

MM hunter certainly lacks something when people discuss him, but i never played him in bfa.

Blood dk, sure, i played a blood dk as tank in cataclysm and had some fond memories like tanking in raids and beating a pvp guild in gurubashi solo, an dueling a r1 rogue for about 30 mins straight.

However, i would be more than happy, if devs would give blood dks the feral/guardian treatment and let players decide if they want to play blood as dd or tank. I remember this spec be awesome in duels and bgs back in wrath.

- - - Updated - - -

ok, back to topic:

MoP Druid - Symbiosis was the most powerful and creative talent i ever had in wow.

MoP Destruction lock and demology lock

TBC SL/SL lock and ruin spec

wotlk s5 unholy dk - never played him in s5 to feel the overpower, but he had some creative talents back then that were fun to have.

Whenever you died you turned into a ghoul and kept fighting for some more moments. https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Shadow_of_Death

MoP/WoD shadowpriest, why the hate for orbs? and i liked the quick bursty and fluent playstyle.

WoD: rogues - big toolkit and burst of speed.

Legion/bfa: assassin rogue and unholy dk

Quote Originally Posted by reanimatez View Post
    1. Havoc Demon Hunter
    2. Havoc Demon Hunter
    3. Havoc Demon Hunter
    My math might be a bit off here but I think if you combine these three... hang on, carry the one. Divide by zero... uh, okay. Um. Hmmm... Yeah, alright.

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure you're gonna get... Havoc Demon Hunter.

1) Destruction warlock with focused chaos talent working in both PvP and PvE (I hate havoc)
    2) Fire mage
    3) Balance druid with more fire themed spells and "forms" so it would fit.

Lets call the class Pyromancer.

Or

1) Assassin
    2) Marksman with pet completely removed and no longer an option. Lone wolf buffed
    3) Ret. Some abilities renamed and animations changed to fit better

Maybe could be called Agent?

7+ Year Old Account

I would go:
    1) Havoc
    2) Marksmanship
    3) Blood
    Love this kind of question. It's fun and people tend to come up with interesting combos and why

I think I'd need 4 specs though because I actually enjoy all roles in the game, just some more than others. Here's my choices -

1) Retribution
    2) Vengeance
    3) Arcane
    4) Mistweaver

I really enjoy the aesthetic and themes and gameplay of each of these options. I think it would be pretty interesting if we ever lived in a WoW where players could customize their character classes to be unique like this.